Jesus.Franco

132 posts in this topic

THANK YOU very much

I Confirm that it works with an installation with the following name

"SnowOSX Universal 10.6 v3.5"

and it didn't have "nVidia GT200" so I don't think it's necessary

& I didn't test the VGA nor the HDMI ports, but the screen look Great at last

thank you very much, Music.Leecher :)

i've been soo sick about finding the best driver for NVIDIA G105M on my ACER 4937G

i follow ur trick,

and now, its working well ;)

next, i wanna try installing Snow Leo

hope it works fine too

hoho

Before of this, sorry for my poor english. :withstupid:

I'm from spain

this is the first time that i write on english forum.

I will buy an Asus UL50VG in a few days

http://www.elcorteingles.es/informatica/pr...cia=15215535350

it has two graphic cards

With the integrated card (intel GMA 4500 i can't do nothing but the other is a dedicated graphic card geforce G210M).

The specifications of nvidia geforce G105M and G210M are:

http://www.nvidia.es/object/product_geforce_g105m_es.html

http://www.nvidia.es/object/product_geforce_g210m_es.html

I think they are very similar with the specifications. The Geforce G210M could it run ?

This is the only post i saw it's similar with my graphic card. If i can't wrote here, because the graphic card is diferent i'm sorry

thank you very much

Before of this, sorry for my poor english. :(

I'm from spain

this is the first time that i write on english forum.

I will buy an Asus UL50VG in a few days

http://www.elcorteingles.es/informatica/pr...cia=15215535350

it has two graphic cards

With the integrated card (intel GMA 4500 i can't do nothing but the other is a dedicated graphic card geforce G210M).

The specifications of nvidia geforce G105M and G210M are:

http://www.nvidia.es/object/product_geforce_g105m_es.html

http://www.nvidia.es/object/product_geforce_g210m_es.html

I think they are very similar with the specifications. The Geforce G210M could it run ?

This is the only post i saw it's similar with my graphic card. If i can't wrote here, because the graphic card is diferent i'm sorry

thank you very much

Hi and welcome to the community :D

Take a look at this: http://www.infinitemac.com/f7/list-of-nvid...-leopard-t4385/

if your card is listed there, it should work with Chameleon GraphicsEnabler.

greets

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I just bought a Toshiba Satellite a500-02f . The ad in the staples flyer told me it had the g105m card. but instead it came with the g210m. i was wondering what i could to to get quartz working. everything but that works mostly and wifi im still working on. any ideas how i could go about getting this working? any reply would help!

Hello to all!

I have now a Acer 5738G working well with Ci & QE fully enabled..

System Profiler shows my video card G105M as NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT.

My question is:

How do I enable the VGA output? NVCAP, others injectors?

I have Acer Extensa 5635G with G105M.

First I installed SnowOSX 3.5 (that's 10.6.0), and got 105M working with Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards BUT in system profiler there wasn't anything about QE/CI

Now I installed SnowOSX 3.6 (10.6.2) and I'm wodering what's the easiest way to get this graphic card working. I don't know if I have any injection... so please tel me how to find out.

I have this kexsts installed: NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext and NVSMU.kext

Will it work if I just add boot loader option <key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>y</string>

into the com.apple.Boot.plis ??

P.S. What is DSDT Patcher? Do I have to use it?

@Mac_F

To use that flag in com.apple.boot.plist you have to have Chameleon 2 as your bootloader, otherwise it won't work.

So there's been some trouble around I see.. (I wonder why I'm not getting any email everytime we have activity here...)

If you read the whole topic you may find the solution.

So my advice to all you that use NVIDIA (and some ATI) graphics card ( if you're trying to get SL on your lappies) is for you to install the bootloader Chameleon 2 because it will save you all the time you would spend trying to get your graphics card running smoothly.

After installing the boot loader, don't forget to add this code:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

to your com.apple.boot.plist .

Use EFIStudio to edit your com.apple.boot.plist to make everything easier!

This was how I got mine working really fine, I'm on 10.6.2 and I don't have any issues with my graphics card. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

is G 105 M supported natively in 10.6.2 then without using any enabler? just chameleon (latest) and GraphicsEnabler flag in com....Boot...?

What about 10.5.8 ? How to enable it (full resolution & QE+CI) ? I can't find the enabler Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards that MacF was talking about...

Thanks!

Mal

Hi Guys !

Got it working finally :huh: ... I have an Acer 5738G and following is a quick guide on how I got things going:

1) Use iAtkos 7.0 - Burn at low rate - I burned at 2x

2) Selected the following packages during installation

• Chameleon 2

• DSDT patch

• Apple Decrypt

• SMBBIOS EFI AIR

• Disabler

• Both the packages for GT200 (the other was EVGA if I remember correctly)

• Intel Speedstep - Voodoo Power

• Intel SATA/IDE - ICHX

• Sound - Voodoo HDA

• PS/2 Apple driver

• Zydas USB (external wireless as Intel 5100 Wifi is not supported)

Needless to say some of the package selection will vary depending upon your system.

After reboot, installed the XDarwin package attached in this thread and rebooted, the graphics worked like a charm :P

Will write a detailed post over the weekend, currently setting up rest of the system ! Catch me on IRC or here for questions till then (though I am a newbie myself :( )

-Rock

I got it working too.. But my 5738G Acer Notebook has a strange behaviour...

I cannot always boot into Leopard, only everytime... I have to switch off by pressing power switch 3 or 4 times, trying with various option at boot, then the notebook boots...

Did you see something like that in your Acer?

What kext have you used for chipset?

Thanks in advance!!

hi,

is G 105 M supported natively in 10.6.2 then without using any enabler? just chameleon (latest) and GraphicsEnabler flag in com....Boot...?

What about 10.5.8 ? How to enable it (full resolution & QE+CI) ? I can't find the enabler Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards that MacF was talking about...

Thanks!

Mal

Hey, what about reading the whole topic?

I already uploaded that file and wrote about putting the G 105M on 10.5.8

And for the other question, the G 105M isn't suported natively, chameleon 2 does the hard work for you and ejects all the info you need and makes use of the kexts already present in OS X.

I got it working too.. But my 5738G Acer Notebook has a strange behaviour...

I cannot always boot into Leopard, only everytime... I have to switch off by pressing power switch 3 or 4 times, trying with various option at boot, then the notebook boots...

Did you see something like that in your Acer?

What kext have you used for chipset?

Thanks in advance!!

If you can't always boot, ty to boot with -v and try to see if there's anything wrong, if you don't understand that musch, take a picture of it and I may try to find out what's wrong with you laptop! ;)

Hi! My g105m works well with GraphicsEnabler or DSDT. QE/CI works, but nothing about it in system profiler.

But if I run OpenGL/CL test or try HD-video (at least .mp4) it freezes hackintosh competely. Like video card overheating - after 5 seconds of work random artefacts appears (small flying dots) and it freezes.

Tell me, please, what can I do about it?

Alright so I have the G210M which I'm assuming isn't to far off from the G105M. I Was wondering how I could get QE/CI enabled in Snow with this card. If anyone, maybe music.Leecher, could point me in the right direction maybe a few things to try. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and such. nothing. Any help would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
Is it supported in OSX86 using a 3rd party driver or natively.

It's the video card in the Lenovo IdeaPad Y450 "418939U".

Was wondering if it was supported, and if so has anyone tried it and knows if everything works?

Guide from Music.Leecher is great.

It's working

Thanks

Anyone here have a Lenovo Y550 equipped with 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M dedicated graphics card? I know you guys are mostly talking about the 210s and 105s...but, I'm hoping my 240 can apply as well...(crossing fingers).

I can install the MAC OSX just fine with iAtkos. I do notice a graphical glitch though once I'm in the OS where it doesn't refresh the contents of the window I drag properly. Gets pretty funky. Also, I can't change the resolution at all. I went into nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist in hopes of being able to change the resolution, but it still doesn't work. Now with this driver support, I was hoping my card would work properly.

After I install XDarwin package and reboot...I enter the OS with a blank screen. Doesn't error out though. Not sure if I can fix this to go back to a working state or if I'm pretty much forced to start all over again.

If someone here has a Lenovo Y550, can you give me the exact steps to get this going?

I followed these steps to a tee...

"1st: Use iAtkos v7 distro of Leopard - Google it, download, burn at low rate;

2nd: Selected the following packages:

-Chameleon 2

-DSDT patch

-Apple Decrypt

-Disabler

-nVidia GT200 package

-For Sound I recomend - Voodoo HDA

-Any other packages depend on the hardware you're running Leopard

3rd:Install, Boot, fill the {censored} on the welcome screen.

4th:Run the XDarwin_Nvidia_Installer_V_1.1_OSX.mpkg (uploaded in previous post), Selecting Nvidia 9 series and EFI

5th:Reboot and DONE! It should be Working perfectly!"

I even tried updating Chameleon 2 from iAtkos V7 to RC5 to see if it would do anything for me. Still same results.

Also edited com.apple.boot.plist to include GraphicsEnabler

So after install of iAtkos V7, I notice that the windows don't refresh properly when I drag them in MACOSX..and after installing XDarwin, I get a blank screen once I boot into the MACOSX...I can hear the DVD drive being read constantly too.

Once I get to this point, is there a way for me to recover without having to start all over? I'm going nuts here. Hope the 240M card gets supported.

http://www.kexts.com/view/205-gt240m_%28ok...leo_10,6,2.html

I see this out there, but this enabler will just cause the screen to go blank once I boot in. Same results as XDarwin. Since 240M is listed on kexts.com, I can only imagine that this is working for someone out there and that I'm probably just missing a step. Hopefully one of you guys can steer me straight. If I find a solution, I'll post back.

Hello there. I installed Leopard on a laptop with a G105M and the resolution was stuck in 1024x768, I installed Chameleon 2 RC3 and changed the boot.plist but nothing happened, then I installed Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg and now I have a black screen.

Now, I have two questions: Is it possible to have my screen back without installing everything again?

Is there any way of having this graphic card working on 10.5.8?

Thank you

@Tripeiro:

I got G105M working on Leopard 10.5.7 installing:

- 9f23installer.pkg (new drivers and OpenGL.framework) and reboot;

- gt200_drivers_pkg.pkg

- XDarwin Nvidia Installer V 1.1 OSX.mpkg

After this I got CI & QE fully working.

After some time I decided to update my system to 10.5.8 and after reboot I got a black screen.

I tried some combinations and find that graphics can recovered installing only last 2 packets:

- gt200_drivers_pkg.pkg

- XDarwin Nvidia Installer V 1.1 OSX.mpkg.

Hi folks, I see that many people are having problems with their graphic cards..

My advice: stop trying to install correctly your GC without making a fresh install!

With a fresh install it's much easier to get everything to work nice than replacing kexts running patches, etc..

Proceed like this, and you won't loose your head trying and trying again to get it working:

1st: Use iAtkos v7 distro of Leopard - Google it, download, burn at low rate;

2nd: Selected the following packages:

-Chameleon 2

-DSDT patch

-Apple Decrypt

-Disabler

-nVidia GT200 package

-For Sound I recomend - Voodoo HDA

-Any other packages depend on the hardware you're running Leopard

3rd:Install, Boot, fill the {censored} on the welcome screen.

4th:Run the XDarwin_Nvidia_Installer_V_1.1_OSX.mpkg (uploaded in previous post), Selecting Nvidia 9 series and EFI

5th:Reboot and DONE! It should be Working perfectly!

The graphic card is detected as if is was a GeForce 9800GX2 but with some kext editing you can easily change it to the GC real name!

How to? What to edit?

It's the /System/Library/Extensions/Nvinject.kext you need to edit, copy it to your desktop. Open the one you copied to the Desktop and do a secondary click, select show package contents, open the folder Contents, use TextEdit o edit the file named after Info.plist . Search the line that has the name that your graphics card is named (9800GX2) and write the correct name of yours (G 105M). Save and close what you've opened, use Kext Utility 2.0 (upload in previous post) to replace to install the kext you've edited (on the Desktop) and boot with -f flag. DONE!

Now, you can update to 10.5.8 or you'll have black screen after booting and a handful of problems if you try to put it to work, so to avoid the update do this:

-Go to: /System/Library/CoreServices;

-Look for the file: SystemVersion.plist

-Copy it to your desktop

-With TextEdit, change the version written there (10.5.7), to the desired one (10.5.8 or wtv)

And your DONE!

I think I explained everything clearly, but if you have any other question, I'll try to help!

Take care!

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i got snowywind osx installed on my asus n10jh

everything works except for my nvidia g105m.

this model has both intel gma and a nvidia g105m the intel one works fine.

when i switch to the nvidia g105m and reboot it does recognize that it is a nvidia card with 512 mb.

but my screen resolution stays on 800x600 and graphics are choppy.

any advice on how to get this nvidia card working in snow leopard ?

thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. I bought laptop Samsung R519-JS02 it is the video card nVidia GeForce G105M.

Installed iDeneb v1.6.

By this manuals i able to start video card using the drivers from EVGA for 2xx series and Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg. Even in the manual is written that the card rises drivers from EVGA and XDarwin_Nvidia_Installer_V_1.1_OSX.mpkg but I have not worked out this option. Resolution to put normal but the system slows down and the screen is full of artifacts. The same mess with EVGA and NVdarwin 1.2.5.

The question here is what a card started working (see attach) current so any 3D or 2D system hangs. Mouse moving farther and the rest do not work. While decide this issue keys win + q and closing the lid laptop, half a minute later and again everything was normal. Maybe someone experienced how to solve this?

screen1ue.th.png

PS. Sorry for my bad english))