BuildSmart Banned and "Ultimate BadAxe2" Thread Missing?

15 posts in this topic

Actually, I do not think anyone should be surprised to find out that BuildSmart was banned.

But he was posting some great work here in his "Ultimate BadAxe2" thread and I wondering what happened to it:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=134515

The forum says that BuildSmart's "Ultimate BadAxe2" thread is "out of date or broken."

What happened to it?

Does anyone know if BuildSmart is posting his BadAxe2 work someplace else?

Thanks,

~bofors

I think he moved all his work to [Link Removed]

Thanks, I actually just found it and am signing up.

I also found this in on of BuildSmart's posts on Zef's Chameleon blog:

I did notice some issues testing this off of the EFI partition and had had several system crashes on my xMac 1 and BadAxe2, the xMac 1 is a 975 based OEM motherboard tailored specifically for running OS X, yes, this motherboard bares a Mac motherboard ID and all the appropriate SMBIOS information so no patching of any kind is required and with the addition of some XXXX.efi files included in BIOS this is more of a real clone than it is a hacintosh, enough said on it and further discussion inappropriate here so back on track we go.

.hu/articles/chameleon-20rc1-is-out#c000868 [The forum apparently does not allow links to that domain so I had to mod the URL to it]

If you post ANY comments causing flamewars or personal insults, the whole topic gets removed!!?

I certainly hope that is not going on.

Banning people is one thing, erasing valuable files is something else (actually, I did this myself here).

Banning people is one thing, erasing valuable files is something else (actually, I did this myself here).

No, that happens a lot here. Stuff disappears all the time.

My theory about the database errors is that they happen whenever the mods go overboard and start deleting things left and right. Sometimes it makes the forum inaccessible for days.

Another thing is when someone decides to leave and take all their information with them to where ever they're going. That's what Krazubu did for example - his NVCAP research thread has gone but it reappeared on another forum.

Yip its GONE, Most probably cause I called it "a piece of {censored}" and hinted that the original poster might have slept with a Mod's/Admin's wife/girlfriend, thus pissing him off!

Also I don't think my "Holier than Thou" referral to one person deleting topics went down well!

Even my signature that had a link to BuildSMART's website has been "fixed"!

SticMAC

So is that what happened to this thread – the one about the new EFI modules? At least I can not find/read it anymore.

Yip its GONE, Most probably cause I called it "a piece of {censored}" and hinted that the original poster might have slept with a Mod's/Admin's wife/girlfriend, thus pissing him off!

Ouch. It might have been due to this rule:

"No Flaming. This includes racism, threatening, personal attacks, victimization or hateful content. No retaliation is allowed either, if a member has broken a rule, please use the report feature on the forum and the staff will deal with the situation appropriately."

Or this one:

"The advertising, comparison, or off-topic discussion of sites similar to InsanelyMac will not be allowed. The staff will decide what is and is not "advertising" based on the content and spirit of the post. Helpful links are encouraged!"

Whatever it was, I would say: Let's all try to address issues we have in a more acceptable way so that nobody can argue with us, and respect us, without getting banned. Agreed?

I just got the feeling that someone (might have) used other peoples work and got nothing for it in return. I might be totally wrong of course, but that's what I thought after reading it – and I was just about to post my thoughts when it dissapeared.

My theory about the database errors is that they happen whenever the mods go overboard and start deleting things left and right. Sometimes it makes the forum inaccessible for days.

Another thing is when someone decides to leave and take all their information with them to where ever they're going. That's what Krazubu did for example - his NVCAP research thread has gone but it reappeared on another forum.

Welcome to Macintosh China!

I am seeing some pretty aggressive censorship in this very thread.

Hopefully, this is a just another phase of the InsanelyMac story that will pass.

In the mean time, I think I am going to be shopping for an alternative OSx86 forum, there should be plenty of good choices now.

Thanks for the censored help!

~bofors

Hopefully, this is a just another phase of the InsanelyMac story that will pass.

In the mean time, I think I am going to be shopping for an alternative OSx86 forum, there should be plenty of good choices now.

~bofors

That would be a shame, really – I just hate to see people go because of a dispute. Has this issue been addressed by admins before?

• 4 weeks later...

~bofors

It isn't gone by a long shot.

There was a similar topic I had on here (same issue and calling them out for deleting the linked thread) and it got strangely deleted also...

• 1 month later...

In anyway BuildSmart did not decide to removed his posts and files, someone did it without asking him when he got banned.

BuildSmart ended up creating a forum to keep the work alive because they deleted everything related to him.

Ouch. It might have been due to this rule:

"No Flaming. This includes racism, threatening, personal attacks, victimization or hateful content. No retaliation is allowed either, if a member has broken a rule, please use the report feature on the forum and the staff will deal with the situation appropriately."

Or this one:

"The advertising, comparison, or off-topic discussion of sites similar to InsanelyMac will not be allowed. The staff will decide what is and is not "advertising" based on the content and spirit of the post. Helpful links are encouraged!"

Whatever it was, I would say: Let's all try to address issues we have in a more acceptable way so that nobody can argue with us, and respect us, without getting banned. Agreed?

I just got the feeling that someone (might have) used other peoples work and got nothing for it in return. I might be totally wrong of course, but that's what I thought after reading it – and I was just about to post my thoughts when it dissapeared.

Master Chief suggestions that BuildSmart takes credit for other people's work is an attack on BuildSmart, is not true and violates the rules Master Chief posted but his post was not edited or deleted yet Master Chief is not banned.