Leopard on Pre-Series 7 NVIDIA nForce MCP + Intel CPU MOBOs - REBORN

verdant

468 posts in this topic

It's okay I'm just going to format my HD as HFS+ and put my old backup there :D

Often in the long run you save time by just doing a clean cloned install from a master backup onto a freshly formatted volume rather than try to fix a "messed" up system, unless the problem & fix are both obvious....... ;)

Lol, thanks. I'm probably just going to put my main OS X onto a 20 GB partition, then add it again to one I can "mess" with :)

It will make life easier.......as you can see I am answering posts on all fronts.....AMD and Intel CPU systems...... :) .....LOL No actually...... :)

hahahha. one quick question, is there an easier way to format drives to HFS+ using windows? its ntfs right now :unsure: and tbh i dont wanna get my IDE DVDRW.

You can use TransMac but AFAIK it it will format an entire drive, including any partitions.....the other way that I am currently aware of is described here.....

Hi mate.

Now that I have a few time from work, I´m passing by here...

I know that what I´m going to ask is off topic, but as Formula9800GT says - you´re the Doctor House of Insanely Mac - I´d like to know if it´s safe to run VMWare or any other virtualization software on the OS X.

I´m asking you that because sometimes I receive files to work on the latest version of Corel Draw (X4) but Corel for mac is only available till version 11 and this version doesn´t open newer files, so everytime this happens I need to shut down my mac, fire up Windows and use the Corel X4 to convert the file and get back to OS X.

Any ideas or link for me to study the possibility of installing any virtualization software to solve this annoying problem?

Cheers.

bb.

Hi mate.

Now that I have a few time from work, I´m passing by here...

I know that what I´m going to ask is off topic, but as Formula9800GT says - you´re the Doctor House of Insanely Mac - I´d like to know if it´s safe to run VMWare or any other virtualization software on the OS X.

I´m asking you that because sometimes I receive files to work on the latest version of Corel Draw (X4) but Corel for mac is only available till version 11 and this version doesn´t open newer files, so everytime this happens I need to shut down my mac, fire up Windows and use the Corel X4 to convert the file and get back to OS X.

Any ideas or link for me to study the possibility of installing any virtualization software to solve this annoying problem?

Cheers.

bb.

I am successfully running XP Pro in Virtual Box 3.0.4 with SATA mode and VT-x enabled within OSX 10.5.6 on my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus (650i) without any problems using the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel ....... ;)

I have to agree with Formula9800GT.

Verdant is the OS X Doctor House. ;)

When I grow up I wanna be just as you are. LOL.

Very thanks mate. I was downloading the VMware but when it comes to installation the serial is invalid. I´ll give up on VMware and install the VirtualBox as soon as it arrives here.

[]´s

I have to agree with Formula9800GT.

Verdant is the OS X Doctor House. ;)

When I grow up I wanna be just as you are. LOL.

Very thanks mate. I was downloading the VMware but when it comes to installation the serial is invalid. I´ll give up on VMware and install the VirtualBox as soon as it arrives here.

[]´s

No probs...... ;)

No probs...... ;)

Hey mate.

VirtualBox is installed now I´m going to learn how to deal with it.

Can I load my Windows Vista 64 bits that is installed on a different HD from OS X?

As I´m new to VirtualBox I don´t know exactly how to make it work.

Cheers.

bb.

Hey mate.

VirtualBox is installed now I´m going to learn how to deal with it.

Can I load my Windows Vista 64 bits that is installed on a different HD from OS X?

As I´m new to VirtualBox I don´t know exactly how to make it work.

Cheers.

bb.

You must enable the I/O APIC for 64-bit Windows VMs and make sure that the VM uses the Intel networking device, since there is no 64-bit driver support for the AMD PCNet card......

Also see tutorial here.....and FAQ here..... :)

You must enable the I/O APIC for 64-bit Windows VMs and make sure that the VM uses the Intel networking device, since there is no 64-bit driver support for the AMD PCNet card......

Also see tutorial here.....and FAQ here..... :(

Thanks for the links mate.

I´m going to read it and see where it will take me.

In fact, I don´t know much about virtualization. Now my goal is to learn how to make VDI files from my Vista installation.

Cheers.

bb.

--------------------------

Hi mate. Here again.

I´m trying all the way to make my Vista to load on VBox but I´m not reaching any success on that.

Already found a way to create an .VDI file but not seem to work.

Already installed MacFUSE and NTFS-3G to make things easier but these not seem to be the problem.

Any ideas? You can PM whenever you want for us not to full the topic with off topic replies.

Thanx in advance for any help you send me.

Cheers again.

bb.

Thanks for the links mate.

I´m going to read it and see where it will take me.

In fact, I don´t know much about virtualization. Now my goal is to learn how to make VDI files from my Vista installation.

Cheers.

bb.

--------------------------

Hi mate. Here again.

I´m trying all the way to make my Vista to load on VBox but I´m not reaching any success on that.

Already found a way to create an .VDI file but not seem to work.

Already installed MacFUSE and NTFS-3G to make things easier but these not seem to be the problem.

Any ideas? You can PM whenever you want for us not to full the topic with off topic replies.

Thanx in advance for any help you send me.

Cheers again.

bb.

I will PM you about this in a few hours as this is off-topic......OK?

I will PM you about this in a few hours as this is off-topic......OK?

For sure mate.

Let me just say that I could start a Vista installation from my Vista DVD. Finally got a little progress. :)

But as you know, I already have one Vista install that I want to use - if it´s possible, of course - but I´m starting to see how virtualization works and I´m very excited about it.

Waiting on your PM.

Don´t need to rush. Just take your time.

Thanx once again "Dr. House". :) - LOL!!

Cheers.

bb.

Ok!!! Let’s see!!!! It’s been a week and I’ve learned a lot about OSX86, but still no luck getting the OSX into my PC. I didn’t know nforce chipsets are so damn …. I really don’t know what to say!! I’ve tried installing a lot of different OSx86 Install DVD’s Like Ideneb V1.4 and 1.3, iaktos and ipc. The installation goes fine, but when I’m trying to boot into OSX I get the “Still Waiting For Root Device” message.

I’ve tried sata DVD with sata HDD. Sata DVD with pata HDD. Pata DVD with sata HDD and pata DVD with pata HDD. With sata DVD I can’t boot into the installation and I can’t see the sata HDD in Disk utility no matter what I do. I’ve changed too many options in the bios and I tried DSDT string-modded BIOS to get the “Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers” removed.

My Specs are:

Mainboard: ACER MCP73PV

Chipset: Northbridge~Nvidia Geforce 7100 . Southbridge~nVidia nForce 630i.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

Ram: 4096MB

I’ve got no OS installed on the Sata 640GB WD HD(NTFS) and Pata 160GB Samsung(mac os extended journal)

I would really appreciate if u guys could help me out!!! Pleeeeease Pleeeeease

ty verdant for the fast reply, and i deleted my other post.

Ok!!! Let’s see!!!! It’s been a week and I’ve learned a lot about OSX86, but still no luck getting the OSX into my PC. I didn’t know nforce chipsets are so damn …. I really don’t know what to say!! I’ve tried installing a lot of different OSx86 Install DVD’s Like Ideneb V1.4 and 1.3, iaktos and ipc. The installation goes fine, but when I’m trying to boot into OSX I get the “Still Waiting For Root Device” message.

I’ve tried sata DVD with sata HDD. Sata DVD with pata HDD. Pata DVD with sata HDD and pata DVD with pata HDD. With sata DVD I can’t boot into the installation and I can’t see the sata HDD in Disk utility no matter what I do. I’ve changed too many options in the bios and I tried DSDT string-modded BIOS to get the “Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers” removed.

My Specs are:

Mainboard: ACER MCP73PV

Chipset: Northbridge~Nvidia Geforce 7100 . Southbridge~nVidia nForce 630i.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

Ram: 4096MB

I’ve got no OS installed on the Sata 640GB WD HD(NTFS) and Pata 160GB Samsung(mac os extended journal)

I would really appreciate if u guys could help me out!!! Pleeeeease Pleeeeease

ty verdant for the fast reply, and i deleted my other post.

OK......first some questions:

You say the installation goes fine.......implying that booting from all and any of your OS X distros was successful, with no errors like “Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers” and/or “Still Waiting For Root Device”......do you have to use any boot flags other than -v to boot from an OS X Install DVD?......please explain in detail....

Is the PATA HDD partitioned as MBR or GPT?

Is the PATA HDD connected to 80-wire IDE cable? It should be (see post #1)

Is it set as Master or Slave?

The best combo would be SATA HDD and PATA DVDRW (set as Master and connected to 80-wire IDE cable)

OK......first some questions:

You say the installation goes fine.......implying that booting from all and any of your OS X distros was successful, with no errors like “Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers” and/or “Still Waiting For Root Device”......do you have to use any boot flags other than -v to boot from an OS X Install DVD?......please explain in detail....

Is the PATA HDD partitioned as MBR or GPT?

Is the PATA HDD connected to 80-wire IDE cable? It should be (see post #1)

Is it set as Master or Slave?

The best combo would be SATA HDD and PATA DVDRW (set as Master and connected to 80-wire IDE cable)

ok!!! ideneb V1.3 and v1.4, iAktos, goes on without any errors, until I boot up from HDD and get the "still waiting for root device" (with IDE 80-wire DVD and the IDE 80-wire HDD)..

The problem is I can't see my SATA HDD in the disk utility while using ( pata DVD and sata HDD).. and I also got only one IDE Channel on my MOBO and the pata HDD is set as master and pata DVD set as slave.

Ooo and I forgot to set the PATA HDD as MBR in disk utility… would that help??

ok!!! ideneb V1.3 and v1.4, iAktos, goes on without any errors, until I boot up from HDD and get the "still waiting for root device" (with IDE 80-wire DVD and the IDE 80-wire HDD)..

The problem is I can't see my SATA HDD in the disk utility while using ( pata DVD and sata HDD).. and I also got only one IDE Channel on my MOBO and the pata HDD is set as master and pata DVD set as slave.

Ooo and I forgot to set the PATA HDD as MBR in disk utility… would that help??

Usually the IDE HDD should be set as Slave when on the same 80-wire IDE cable as the IDE DVDRW which should be set as Master.......with DVDRW on the end connector and HDD on the middle connector of the IDE cable....

How was the PATA HDD formatted originally......FAT32 or NTFS?

Usually the IDE HDD should be set as Slave when on the same 80-wire IDE cable as the IDE DVDRW which should be set as Master.......with DVDRW on the end connector and HDD on the middle connector of the IDE cable....

How was the PATA HDD formatted originally......FAT32 or NTFS?

Yepp I’ve also tried with the IDE HDD as slave and IDE DVD as Master, and I got the same Still Waiting for root device message.

I actually don’t remember the format of the pata HDD, but I did format it as mac os extended journal in disk utility before installing OSX.

And I tried with Ipc 10.5.6 with nforce ppf5 patch. I couldn’t boot into DVD no matter what I did.

Yepp I’ve also tried with the IDE HDD as slave and IDE DVD as Master, and I got the same Still Waiting for root device message.

I actually don’t remember the format of the pata HDD, but I did format it as mac os extended journal in disk utility before installing OSX.

And I tried with Ipc 10.5.6 with nforce ppf5 patch. I couldn’t boot into DVD no matter what I did.

OK.....

Boot with OS X Install DVD and go to Disk Utility to check what your HDD Partition Map Scheme is........probably Master Boot Record......

Then go to Terminal (under same top menu tab as Disk Utility) and type

diskutil list

and post the output list.....

Verdant, the 4gb ram from nevel aren't bothering?

nevel: Are you able to set AHCI in your Bios?

I am assuming that nevel has set his BIOS according to my template in post #1 for 630i and that if he could install successfully from some OS X Install DVDs....

ideneb V1.3 and v1.4, iAktos, goes on without any errors, until I boot up from HDD

then the 4GB RAM does not appear to be an issue as regards booting......

Nevertheless, nevel can try booting the HDD OS X install with

-v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 platform=ACPI|86PC debug=0x100

I am assuming that nevel has set his BIOS according to my template in post #1 for 630i and that if he could install successfully from some OS X Install DVDs....

then the 4GB RAM does not appear to be an issue as regards booting......

Nevertheless, nevel can try booting the HDD OS X install with

I actually did set the bios to AHCI, I’m going to give it a shot with the

Be back soon. Ty verdant and silaisa for helping me out.

nevel: I installed iAtkos v7 and for avoiding the kind of errors you are getting I selected:

System

SATA/IDE

Generic IDE

I know it sounds weird, instead of selecting nForce SATA/IDE (but this one did not work)

You don't need to reinstall, just boot with the installer dvd and select only that and give it a try.

Good Luck