How-to Create a bootable ISO with Chameleon V2

sonotone

62 posts in this topic

I tried booting again, and accidently hit F4 or F6 and it said something about erasing some bios setting or something and couldnt find whatever it was. But then the drives were all reorganized, but it booted into the retail dvd, was greeted with an instant kernel panic. Anyone have any progress?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When the CD boots, I get an error message saying the ramdisk is not configured. There's nothing in the tutorial about configuring a ramdisk.

Here is how my ISO is laid out...

-ISO

-cdboot

-Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

-Extra/Preboot.dmg

-Preboot.dmg

-com.apple.boot.plist

-Extensions/xxxxxx.kext

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

sorry pull out this thread again.

I'm not a total noob to the whole Hackintosh topic (but very close! Finally managed to get one running on a GA-EP43... duh, big deal) but I'm completely stuck with my Acer Travelmate 5720g.

I'm using a generic Chameleon 2 Boot-CD to fire up the installation (for some reason I never had any luck at all with Boot-132), which works quite nicely. However, the keyboard and touchpad are dead - not surprising, since they seem to be PS/2. I'm now having trouble to add the ApplePS2.kext to the iso.

I finally found out that they are stored in the preboot.dmg and only hours later I managed to open that thing with Transmac and add the PS2 kext. So, really dumb question: how the heck can I get the whole bunch with the new dmg into a bootable iso again? Naturally, just throwing the cdboot and the extra folder onto a DVD-RW and burning it wouldn't work (as a matter of fact, I tried that out of desperation).

Thing is, I don't have a Mac (that's why I'm working on this...) and the next one available is rather far away, so I'll have to do this with Win 7 or whatever Linux live DVD.

Any clues on this one?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all and thanks for all your help!

Just made my first bootable CD after following the information here closely.

Also, I used PowerISO under Windows 7 to burn my CD, and it worked perfectly. I did not have any success when I tried to use Disk Utility.

Thanks again!

Mammoth

• 2 months later...
4.. Extra folder is also the place for dsdt.aml, others .plists, themes...etc.

5. Still inside Extra folder, create a dmg, and name it Preboot.dmg (it's the RAM disk)

Inside the dmg, copy you extensions (Extra/Extensions/) or Extensions.mkext (Extra/).

6. Now open Terminal, then type:

sudo hdiutil makehybrid -o new.iso newiso/ -iso -hfs -joliet -eltorito-boot newiso/cdboot -no-emul-boot -hfs-volume-name "My Boot CD" -joliet-volume-name "My Boot CD"

Hmm. I tried to use the command in the Terminal of Ubuntu 10.04 and it told me the command not found for sudo hdiutil makehybrid -o new.iso newiso/ -iso -hfs -joliet -eltorito-boot newiso/cdboot -no-emul-boot -hfs-volume-name "My Boot CD" -joliet-volume-name "My Boot CD". Can I not use Ubuntu Terminal for this command?

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...