to Devs (SLICE, SUPERHAI,AnV): SMBus Device IDs ?!

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

i looked in both kexts above and found out the the dev ids of the SMBus Controller of ICH10

is listetd there only. So it is not loaded with ICH8 or ICH9 Intel Chipsets (965,P35).

My 10.5.6 System is running well - that not the question ;)

What does that drivers ?

Can it be good to have them active (adding own dev iDs) ?

AppleSMBusPCI, AppleSMBusController both are with ICH10 ID and MPC(Nividia Chipset?) , not ICH9/ICH8 IDs?

Also, last year SLICE posted (noone answered) same thing with LPC .kext. Also some dev IDs

missing only used in non Macs.

Thanks

Added my PCI Dev Ids of GA-EP35 (ICH9 Chipset) - marked the SMBus Controller DevID (not in those .kexts!)

Bild_347.jpg

I tried to add DeviceID for my ICH8 but got no result. I think the architecture of the chip is different so SMBus is not supported on the system.

But... what do you expect to obtain?

What is System Management Bus?

The System Management Bus (SMBus) is a two-wire interface through which simple system and power management related chips can communicate with the rest of the system. It is based on the principals of operation of I²C.

With System Management Bus, a device can provide manufacturer information, tell the system what its

model/part number is, save its state for a suspend event, report different types of errors, accept control

parameters, and return its status.

Hmm, perhaps useful (if activated ) for powermanagement / read out some Bus informations ?

I will try (have an clone :) and look into the ioreg for amy changes.

Hi,

i looked in both kexts above and found out the the dev ids of the SMBus Controller of ICH10

is listetd there only. So it is not loaded with ICH8 or ICH9 Intel Chipsets (965,P35).

My 10.5.6 System is running well - that not the question :unsure:

What does that drivers ?

Can it be good to have them active (adding own dev iDs) ?

AppleSMBusPCI, AppleSMBusController both are with ICH10 ID and MPC(Nividia Chipset?) , not ICH9/ICH8 IDs?

Also, last year SLICE posted (noone answered) same thing with LPC .kext. Also some dev IDs

missing only used in non Macs.

Thanks

Added my PCI Dev Ids of GA-EP35 (ICH9 Chipset) - marked the SMBus Controller DevID (not in those .kexts!)

I've done the fix for the AppleSMBusController (I believe reported by Slice) to directly attach it onto my ATI SMBus controller.

It is still impossible at this time to use the AppleSmartBattery this way as Apple's Macs tend to have this done quite different in DSDT + it tends to report the info back a little different.

I don't know about ICH8 as none of the machines I've set Mac on (Laptops then) had that type of chipset.

mitch, you are right about SMBus, the SMBus specifications are freely available and anyone can read them...

• 2 months later...

To Anv, can you please help me to get applesmbuscontroller fix for MCP67 ? or at least teach me how to make modification so that it work for my chipset. Im trying to make this work as well as the applesmbuspci.kext and smc_pdrc_plugin. I believe these are few keys to make work to nvidia MCP and shared memory geforce cards.