login failure?

Caseyy.

34 posts in this topic

Ever since the update i haven't been able to login to my account, so i had to make a new one even though that took a couple hours to actually get it to login but i want my old account back, i tried doing the forgotten password thing and it still said my username and password was wrong even though it clearly told me what it was in the email.

Hi

Since the forum update I have the same issue when I want to login using Safari (I didn't try with Firefox). I type my username and password but a message saying "wrong username or password" pops up, and I can try it several times it never works.

The only way to login I found is to download a file in a thread, my username and pswrd are requested, and after downloading I refresh the page and then I'm in.

Regards

PS : I like the new forum :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have been having the same issues, and ever since the "New Look". I have some good news for those of you who could not get into your old account and created new ones: You can get into your old accounts, and right now. Here is how you do it:

- Make sure you are logged out (from your new account)

- Now, simply continue to "try" to log in. Never mind the "you have entered a wrong user name or password" messages, just keep trying. After "some number of attempts", you can look up and notice that suddenly, you ARE logged in.

Now, if you have changed your password recently, make sure you are using your most resent password change (duh).

This needs to be fixed ASAP, as it is really a nuisance.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, today we uploaded a new build of the forum with a newly programmed login method - please clear your cache and cookies (reset your browser) and let me know if you're still experiencing any problems, but hopefully that should be the end of it!

So I lost a paragraph of text trying to post as the site is slower than molasses flowing up hill in january. Great! Nothing has changed since the forum update then.

Now back on to what I was originally posting:

I have been unable to login on and off for the past month (since the site "update"). The only reason I am in now is that I had a cookie from a few days ago.

Add this to the fact that the password reset function is completely hosed. You get to the form to fill out info and the confirmation image wont show up.. you have to reload the image like 5 times before you get anything.

When you finally get the form submitted and your new password you still can't login.

How can a site like this roll {censored} out without testing it and leave it in this state for over a month? Personally I can't be bothered to browse these forums any more. It takes like 10 mins to get anywhere and then you can't login to post.

EDIT while trying to post this I was presented with:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4829/picture1urz.png

Congratulations of officially screwing the number #1 hackint0sh website on the internet for ad revenue.

@Rockett - are you sure you're not now able to login because we've actually fixed the issue?

Am looking into the reset password issue next, thanks for flagging this up!

I still can't log in to my old account.

- Make sure you are logged out (from your new account)

- Now, simply continue to "try" to log in. Never mind the "you have entered a wrong user name or password" messages, just keep trying. After "some number of attempts", you can look up and notice that suddenly, you ARE logged in.

Still doesn't work for me in neither Firefox or Safari, with caches and cookies cleared. I tried more than 10 times in a row.

@Rockett - are you sure you're not now able to login because we've actually fixed the issue?

hi ed!

sorry guys, but i (aprodigy; supposed to be some super-duper global-mod) cannot log in myself anymore either. i don't know how many times i've been resetting my browsers, deleted IM's cookies by hand (cause *bad me* even likes some cookies besides of IM's), emptied the cache or whatever to get in here again: ED it just does NOT WORK! there is no message coming up or so, the forum-index reloads and i'm still anonymous.

well then: i don't have time this!

been beta-testing microsofts stuff for two decades and decided to stop on being so stupid. and now, *no*! i definately won't be beta-testing things you guys mess up anymore! time's up, the chances passed you by. i'm outta here!

get yourself a new mod, will ya?!

-aprodigy