Please Please Please Somebody Send Me Appleac97aud

LES

9 posts in this topic

I've got OS X running on my dell 700m. Took some time, but finaly got native resolution of 1280x800 to work. Now all I need is to get audio working, but my AppleAC97Audio.kext folder is missing. Sad

PLEASE, if someone out there can zip up the entire AppleAC97Audio.kext folder and upload it or send it to me.

You can find it in the System/Library/Extensions directory.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE upload it and post the link, or email it to me at elias2+osx86project@gmail.com

And if anyone wants help installing on Dell 700m laptop, feel free to ask. I have it dual booting WinXP and OS X with SSE3 programs working and native resolution.

well it's easy: install UltraISO (which you probably did - to convert the Marklar .dmg to .iso) and extract it from the darwin iso image \system\library\extensions

(or just pm me your mail and I'll send it to you) :P

I have been reading all of the postings here and went to download Darwin. I also did the extraction both with ultra iso and disk utility. I have arrived with the same problem.....it treats any file or folder with the .kext extension as a file. This means that I can't open it and if I show contents I get stopped at the next folder that has the .kext extension. I have read the wiki on how to do the procedure but I don't know what to do with this problem....please can anyone help?

I have been reading all of the postings here and went to download Darwin.  I also did the extraction both with ultra iso and disk utility.  I have arrived with the same problem.....it treats any file or folder with the .kext extension as a file.  This means that I can't open it and if I show contents I get stopped at the next folder that has the .kext extension.  I have read the wiki on how to do the procedure but I don't know what to do with this problem....please can anyone help?

You're saying that if you mount the ISO in OS X and copy the .kext out of it, then it still shows up as a file and not a folder in the terminal? (It should show up as a file in the Finder, with an option to "Display Contents" when you right-click on it)

Exactly right. Everytime I try to extract the AppleAC97Audio.kext folder it only appears as a file. It gives me the option to examine package contents when I right click but it won't extract as a folder with the files and subfolders in it. I tried both with ultra iso in windows and disk utility in mac. I am running osx86 natively on my laptop with the daemoo patched image. I even tried creating a new folder and named it appropriately and when I gave it the .kext extension it then shows as a file.