Success , Dell Inspiron 110 ,screw You Jobs

spiritofseth

21 posts in this topic

Just got the generic install patch to install osX where the knoppix DD method repeatedly failed

After some work I have audio working along with etherenet and USB also the video seems to be working just fine and I can run Itunes, so far I have only installed stuffit expander, 1 problem I installed OSX on partition 2 somehow (only shoulda had 1) so I have to use the OSX CD as a boot disk, I would like to get a better power scheme working if anyone knows any tricks I would appreciate them

now Im off to compusa to make that Apple Rep sh*t his pants.

Peace

Ill post exact instructions for audio later today after I pick up a belkin wireless adapter

Now I have a question, has anyone else got this inspiron 1100 working? if so do yall have to use the install DVD as a boot disk? if anyone can figure out how to make OSX recognize the Hd as the first drive please let me know, also has anyone got sleep to work? those are my 2 issues, btw I just got the belkin Wireless adapter working

Now I have a question, has anyone else got this inspiron 1100 working? if so do yall have to use the install DVD as a boot disk? if anyone can figure out how to make OSX recognize the Hd as the first drive please let me know, also has anyone got sleep to work? those are my 2 issues, btw I just got the belkin Wireless adapter working

:o spiritofseth you made me literally laugh out loud at your thread subject. Some people's kids :D

I can't wait to do this to my 1100.

Just lemme know when u need the Kernel extension for the audio, also ur gonna have to use the disc as a bootdisc, when it gives you the countdown to install OSX pop out the disk and let the COUNTDOWN expire, everything will be fine after that.

okay problem number 1 solved, it seems that when I installed OSX the first time i installed it on top of my existing Darwin install,odd right? I overwrote the whole thing and now I can boot drectly. a for the sleep function? that remains my last objective otherwise I am having a problem playing video, it seems chopy in the VLC player and Mplayer and realplayer tho not as bad, any ideas?

also Im a 23 yr old married man not a kid

spiritofseth,

I'm at about the same stage as you with my Dell Latitude D600. Installed from patched DVD.

Most things work out-of-the-box, including built-in bluetooth. Got audio working by copying the AppleAC97.kext from deadmoo's vmware image.

Have not been able to get sleep working either, but would love to get wireless happening. What model Belkin adapter are you using? Did you need to install any drivers? Have you got WEP/WPA working?

spiritofseth,

I'm at about the same stage as you with my Dell Latitude D600.  Insed from patched DVD.

Most things work out-of-the-box, including built-in bluetooth.  Got audio working by copying the AppleAC97.kext from deadmoo's vmware image.

Have not been able to get sleep working either, but would love to get wireless happening.  What model Belkin adapter are you using? Did you need to install any drivers? Have you got WEP/WPA working?

ypu I have a

belkin adapter with WEP and all functions using the ralink drivers you can fing at www.ralink.com.tw under support u can find more info in this forum, now as for sleep and core image and quartz I have found some forum posts about quartz but its all jumbled, neway sleep looks like it wont work for some time and good luck getting any half decent battery life.

"Screw you Jobs"?

The man is WHY Apple exists, to tell him to screw off is incredibly stupid. Do you actually feel like you've bet "the man" when you download warez?

I just feel happy that I got to TRY it out, and more over, I may just buy Apple hardware in the future now.

:ninja: Hello, I would like to know how reliable is the OS under the inspiron 1100. Once I tried PearPc but it took about 40 min only during the boot.

I have expanded to 640 on RAM and have the latest BIOS A32.

Please let me know how good under your computer specs the OS work. I am willing to try it but I am afraid it could turn worthless. My conection is slow.

PS: What is the size of the image you have? There are a couple fakes.

"Screw you Jobs"?

Nice, and really mature way to approach this, particularly considering that without Jobs you'd still be sitting and spinning on your arse...

That being said, while you're feeling all nice and proud for having 'beat THE MAN', let's revisit this thread in mid-2006, shall we - when you'll be one of the first to have bought one of the new PowerBooks (or, more likely, iBooks).

okay guys Screw you was a joke lets not get carried away kinda like the screw you trebec from SNL, and your absolutely right I will buy a powerbook when they come out, Ill prob. be on the waiting list as a matter o fact,

next issue

OSX is super stable under inspirion 1100

however there r 2 problems,

the common power issue and no QE and core image support, I saw some threads on QE but am having problems with time, when I can actually get outta these CCNA books and crapy AOL job (retention mind you) I may have more time to figure something out, otherwise if ur not looking to play games your perfectly set with the default hardware, I am using bios a31. I can say that ilife and microsoft office work just fine and have little or no slow downs beyond the initial startup, the dell I am using is my wifes inspirion 1100 2.0 ghz celeron 20 gb HD 512 mb ram 533 mhz FSB. integrated audio is fine and so is the belkin adapter that I purchased (though my school network refuses me for an unknown reason). good luck with battery life, contact me with further questions.

I got my 1100 to boot but the screen is all greyscale and there is no option in my bios to change video settings... anyone have to update bioses before it worked?

edit:

my bios was a27 now its a32 and now it works like a gem :)

Just lemme know when u need the Kernel extension for the audio, also ur gonna have to use the disc as a bootdisc, when it gives you the countdown to install OSX pop out the disk and let the COUNTDOWN expire, everything will be fine after that.

Can you send me this file? jer2eydevil88(atnospam)gmail.com I would sure appreciate it...

I have a request, I need the info or tutorials that you have read to have sucesfully installed and runnnig under the inspiron 1100. I am sure that you have saved those tuturials. For what I have read, is different for each computer, just like linux.

Please tell me the correct size of the OS image downladed. There are out too many fakes. My conection is slow and I cannot try them all out.

Thanks for sharing guys, it is great!

Can you send me this file? jer2eydevil88(atnospam)gmail.com  I would sure appreciate it...

k now Im not going to send a CD images, what file do you need? pm me your email address and what file you need.

EDIT: I will only send open source files BTW like butchered darwin pieces N such.

I have a request, I need the info or tutorials that you have read to have sucesfully installed and runnnig under the inspiron 1100.  I am sure that you have saved those tuturials.  For what I have read, is different for each computer, just like linux.

Please tell me the correct size of the OS image downladed. There are out too many fakes.  My conection is slow and I cannot try them all out.

Thanks for sharing guys, it is great!

um well I used this and a malkar ISO to make the proper DVD, it is necessary that you read the instruction Here from top to bottom, CHECK YOUR MD5 SUMS! I didnt the first time cause I didnt wanna wait for a second DL, but you have to, you can find the 2 necessarry part on various torrent sites like torrentreactor or pirate bay, I will not send the torrent. to set up audio you should follow the audio guide on the wiki here, I can send the Kext as it is open source if you PM me.

cheers

Josh