[How To] Install Leopard Retail DVD on ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 (core i7)

M J

925 posts in this topic

my install keeps failing at the 22% stage with

the installer could not validate the contents of the 'additionalspeechvoices' package. contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

in the log it says that the 'additionalspeechvoices' package failed to validate.

an anyone help???

also do you return the bios settings to defulat after completing everything???

@onigoetz: you should post a screenshot of the kernel panic to understand where your problem is. are you sure you followed all the steps as described? did the bios patching succeed?

@scott_donald: the only thing you have to modify after installation AND patching is to enable HT and 4 cores. if you bring everything back to default it might or it might not work. As for your validation error, is it at 22% of the installation or 22% of the DVD integrity check right before the actual install? Are you using an original retail disc? if not, have you tried to burn it at 4x?

@mad_noob: did you manage to get your sound working? you probably have to update to 10.5.6 for the kext to work.

@scott_donald: the only thing you have to modify after installation AND patching is to enable HT and 4 cores. if you bring everything back to default it might or it might not work. As for your validation error, is it at 22% of the installation or 22% of the DVD integrity check right before the actual install? Are you using an original retail disc? if not, have you tried to burn it at 4x?

it succeeds on the check but when i try the actual install it fails... the disc was burned slowly...

well i have given up and decided to try iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal FINAL

cant get it to boot though... seem to get the grey screen then the computer just resets... when booting from the dvd...

i have used normal and your bios settings from this thread...

Asus P6T Deluxe X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 PCI-E ATX Motherboard

Corsair 6GB DDR3 (3 x 2048MB) TR3X6G1333C9 PC3-10666 (1333Mhz) TRI Channel Kit

Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz Nehalem 8mb Cache LGA1366 - Retail

Hitachi P7K500 Deskstar 250GB 7200RPM SATA 3GB/s 8MB Cache - OEM

Palit nVidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI/HDTV (PCI-E) - Retail

no idea what to do and how to get it working...

@onigoetz: you should post a screenshot of the kernel panic to understand where your problem is. are you sure you followed all the steps as described? did the bios patching succeed?

Yeah, sorry forgot to post the link here too.

These are the informations I posted on the XNU-Dev forum

Some screenshots are in the zip file, sorry for the quality; I took them with my mobile phone.

Yes, my bios patching went very well.

But for the steps, like I said, I made it a little bit freestyle

the difference with your how to are Here :

Step F : EFI Partition

here I installed the Kernel and the kext directly into the main partition. (the kexts in the /Extra/Extensions/Folder)

And because I dont use my network, I disabled the onboard networking.

All other steps are the same.

Tomorrow night, I'll try a new install. perhaps it'll be better this time...

Well I got say I LOVE IT!!! :P I got my ASUS RIIE up and running and fast as hell! I'll post some marks later. right now I got it up to 4GHz. Your guide and this thread were a great idea, thanks for the help. Now hopefully I can start helping others, that may have similar problems I ran into. Although I have to be honest, I had the the orig. OS x retail on order through my place I work at for pretty cheap, but it's taking forever to get it, cause apple screwed up the order, but that's another story. So anyways I got a little impatient so I tried it with IPC 10.5.6. Pretty much worked the same with the basic settings and directions you have here. You can load it by using the busratio=XX -v -f method, then used the rest of the guide from there. :)

Thank you to jimmydigital00, BladeRunner, Ripperss & TheHAWKs

Big Thanks to MJ, munky & ~pcwiz!! :borg:;)B)

You guys r :P s! :gun:

Well I got say I LOVE IT!!! :P I got my ASUS RIIE up and running and fast as hell! I'll post some marks later. right now I got it up to 4GHz. Your guide and this thread were a great idea, thanks for the help. Now hopefully I can start helping others, that may have similar problems I ran into. Although I have to be honest, I had the the orig. OS x retail on order through my place I work at for pretty cheap, but it's taking forever to get it, cause apple screwed up the order, but that's another story. So anyways I got a little impatient so I tried it with IPC 10.5.6. Pretty much worked the same with the basic settings and directions you have here. You can load it by using the busratio=XX -v -f method, then used the rest of the guide from there. :)

Thank you to jimmydigital00, BladeRunner, Ripperss & TheHAWKs

Big Thanks to MJ, munky & ~pcwiz!! :idea::blink:B)

You guys r :thumbsup_anim: s! :gun:

how did you manage it mid spewel before loading the install i got the

'still waiting for root device'

it wouldnt go any futher... just after the bit where you are denied firewall and it uses default...

Yeah, sorry forgot to post the link here too.

we are still without the link :D

the difference with your how to are Here :

Step F : EFI Partition

here I installed the Kernel and the kext directly into the main partition. (the kexts in the /Extra/Extensions/Folder)

you need either a boot-132 disc or a bootloader like chameleon or the EFI partition boot system! there are a couple of kexts that need to be loaded or leopard will stall when it recognizes it's not being run on a real Mac.

I have to sleep more ^^

http://www.onigoetz.ch/onigoetz.imac-de-stephane-goetz.zip

This time for sure you have it.

Yes I used the kexts in efi_pack_v2, the System.kext from the voodoo release and the legacy kexts from netkas for the orange drive icon.

but I did a fresh install today, it's rebooting right now, I'll see if it's better.

how did you manage it mid spewel before loading the install i got the

'still waiting for root device'

it wouldnt go any further... just after the bit where you are denied firewall and it uses default...

did you try rd=disk0s1 or 2 or 3 ? or rd=disk1s2 or 3 ?

So what driver could i use ?

I have an ASUS 9600GT , I saw on multiple posts that the driver is natively integrated in Leopard.

should I try Aquamac drivers or something like that ?

My fresh install has the same problem, but this time I did the 10.5.6 update, rebooted. all went smoothly, but after the other updates (itunes, airport, quicktime ...) i thought that I forgot to activate all cores

and after activation, I rebooted and launch the migration wizard; then freeze ...

Could it be related with the cpu ?

Hi all,

I've tried anything in your guide, I even tried iDeneb v1.3, but without results. My only question is: Do I really need an "original" OSX dvd? Or can I use iDeneb AND your guide?

Thnx...

You mean you got a result but it wasn't successful?

You can use both, use busratio=20 in the prompt. It all should work fine.

well it is almost 4 in the morning and after alot of trial and error got up to step G!!!

well after installing update 10.5.6 combo... it made me restart... everything booted voodoo fine... but there is where i get the problems... if i boot in normal or safe mode i get a grey screen with the loading thing happening in the bottom 3rd and a forbidden sign in the middle in white...

ran it with -v in both safe and non safe mode and

get still waiting for root device

what could have gone wrong???

post-356045-1233286620_thumb.jpg

You mean you got a result but it wasn't successful?

You can use both, use busratio=20 in the prompt. It all should work fine.

That's a positive way to see it ;)

What I've done:

- Bios settings

- Boot cd

- The "rd(0,1)....etc.."

- And i get the line where i need to press "y"

- And that's it, it hangs (a least 30 min waiting), nothing happens

So i thought it was because i didn't had the original dvd...

That's a positive way to see it ;)

What I've done:

- Bios settings

- Boot cd

- The "rd(0,1)....etc.."

- And i get the line where i need to press "y"

- And that's it, it hangs (a least 30 min waiting), nothing happens

So i thought it was because i didn't had the original dvd...

same thing happened to me when i tried what you are doing...

same thing happened to me when i tried what you are doing...

And I get the same thing as you, when I want to install iDeneb v1.3. I see the bootlogo (apple logo) with the forbidden sign... ;)

When I boot with -v or/and -x, it hangs...

My biosversion is 1003, but don't think that's the reason.

And I get the same thing as you, when I want to install iDeneb v1.3. I see the bootlogo (apple logo) with the forbidden sign... ;)

When I boot with -v or/and -x, it hangs...

My biosversion is 1003, but don't think that's the reason.

i have updated mine... i have a vary clean 10.5.4 right now, only loading in safe mode♠... but i can get beyond that with problems... following this guide has got me closer but dam this is frustrating...