[How To] Install Leopard Retail DVD on ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 (core i7)

M J

925 posts in this topic

I have a PC with a Asus P6T Deluxe v2 motherboard and a I7-920 CPU.

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard from this tutorial:

http://www.taranfx.com/blog/install-snow-leopard-on-pc-easy

I have reconfigured my BIOS with the settings specified in this thread #0.

When trying to install I got this Kernel Panic:

http://uploads.dennismadsen.com/MacOnPC03.jpg

For me it looks like some CPU-problems?

Hope someone could help me!

EDIT:

I've found a solution for that problem on Google. Simply deleted a file inside the extra-folder on the USB.

Now the setup comes a step further, but after the "Darwin loading" text a screen with a loading-icon is starting. But after 2 seconds the screen is black - nothing happends. I have a Asus ENGTX260 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX260)

Hi,

I have:

P6T Deluxe V2

i7 920

GTS 250

4GB ram

2 HD 320 (bios raid0) for os's win7 and Mandriva

2 HD 500 (bios raid0) for data

1 HD for bkup only

dvd rw

wireless atheros

I have tried to install OSX, but it is imposible (the f.. raid). I have disconnected all HD and connected another HD and set this as ahci.

when I boot from "SlimBuild-Preboot" ok, but when I insert the osx(retail) and press enter, I'm going to kernel panic. :(

the messages is: local APIC version not 0x14 as espected.

Bellow is the images

osx.jpg

Any one can help me ?

thanks

EDIT:

I've found a solution for that problem on Google. Simply deleted a file inside the extra-folder on the USB.

Now the setup comes a step further, but after the "Darwin loading" text a screen with a loading-icon is starting. But after 2 seconds the screen is black - nothing happends. I have a Asus ENGTX260 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX260)

I had a similar problem. What I had to do was remove my GTX260 and install with another vid card. (I used a 7300GS) When I installed the 7300, I was able to boot from USB and install snow leopard. Then after snow leopard was installed and working, I put my GTX260 back in and it has been working fine ever since.

I have an asus p6t6 ws revolution corei7 965 and have been following MJ:s guide for installing leopard using the 10.5.6 retail CD. Everything is fine and the system starts noramly when I use the boot 1-3-2 CD. When I follow munky´s guide using the kexts in the initrd.img file or in the EFI_pack-v3, however, the system boots very slowly and runs extremly slowly. Could someone please help me?

Logically, If it works when using the boot 1-3-2 CD, it should also work with any bootloader using the same kexts, or am I wrong here?

I have an asus p6t6 ws revolution corei7 965 and have been following MJ:s guide for installing leopard using the 10.5.6 retail CD. Everything is fine and the system starts noramly when I use the boot 1-3-2 CD. When I follow munky´s guide using the kexts in the initrd.img file or in the EFI_pack-v3, however, the system boots very slowly and runs extremly slowly. Could someone please help me?

Logically, If it works when using the boot 1-3-2 CD, it should also work with any bootloader using the same kexts, or am I wrong here?

have you done the dsdt and then turned back on the cores...

Greetings to all, I need some help I have been getting this kernel panic for the 2 past day and I can't seem to find a solution. I am currently running on the P6t Deluxe Bios Version 1701 and trying to install Retail SL 10.6. I have all the settings correct but i still get this following kernel panic,

post-525177-1258265893_thumb.jpg

post-525177-1258265903_thumb.jpg

Greetings to all, I need some help I have been getting this kernel panic for the 2 past day and I can't seem to find a solution. I am currently running on the P6t Deluxe Bios Version 1701 and trying to install Retail SL 10.6. I have all the settings correct but i still get this following kernel panic,

what method you using??? this is the 10.5 method...

Thank you very much scott_donald. It worked. I have another problem, though. It still says ACPI_SMC_platform_timed out and when I instal netkas injector and drivers for my GTX 280, the system hangs at that very line during boot. Shouldn't the patched DSDT allow appintelcpupowermangaement.kext to load. Why does it time out? Do I need to patch my DSDT again? Please help me someone.

Thank you very much scott_donald. It worked. I have another problem, though. It still says ACPI_SMC_platform_timed out and when I instal netkas injector and drivers for my GTX 280, the system hangs at that very line during boot. Shouldn't the patched DSDT allow appintelcpupowermangaement.kext to load. Why does it time out? Do I need to patch my DSDT again? Please help me someone.

what version of chameleon are you using??? i am using snow with chameleon rc3 and efl 10.5 and then use the graphics enabler...

Hi again!

I have been following this guide for installing leopard retail 10.5.6 on my Asus P6T6 WS revolution. Right now I have tried to get USB working for 15 hours (without sleep) I give a complete list of all my problem with this "working" leopard installation:

When I mount some .DMG-files, I get kernel panic.

My USB-keyboard and mouse works. No USB-sticks or hard-drives works.

When I boot without the -f flag my hard-drives show up as external hard drives and my system is considerably slower.

My soundblaster-5.1-surround-usb does not work either.

My GTX-280 does not work with QE/CI.

AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext does not load. In fact, it times out.

I relly need som help. I have listed my issues in order of priority.

I have a ASUS P6T6 with two eSATA Ports on the back of the board.

Unfortunatly they are not running... So I need HELP FOR ESATA Ports.

Can someone give me a little help how to enable them? My Snow Retail Install with DSDT and Boot132 is running perfectly without any KP!

Hello, thanks for the great guide!

I installed Leopard successfully. Right now I'm updating from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 and the updating is R E A L L Y slow. From 0% to 63% took like 1.5 hours and now I'm stuck at 63% with the spinning mouse (it spins 1 pixel every ~3rd minute).

Should I wait or should I give up and do a reinstall?

Thank you!

Hi this is my first time trying and I'm coming across issues on installing OSX off the retail disk

I can get past the steps with the boot disk, but after I press 'y' and it proceeds to install, i get a panic error which I have no idea what to do, ive tried a few times with the same error, ive tried with parameter -x and still gives me the error, the error is something like this, don't know which part to take, sorry.

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform

Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x004358F3): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n@/VoodooKernel/xnu-1228.7.58/iokit/Kernel/

IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1411

Debugger called: <panic>

BSD Process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown

I'm using the boot-132 v3 provided by MJ in tutorial post, hardware:

Core i7-920

Asus P6T Deluxe v2

160gb seagate sata

radeon 5870

set bios as per tutorial

can anyone help? thanks in advanced

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I successfully installed Leopard on my P6T using this guide except with some minor tweaks (mainly the AppleRTL8169Ethernet and ALC1200 drivers). I did the DSTD patch, but I'm "only" getting 7 cores (according to System Profiler), is this normal? If it isn't, what am I doing wrong?

Btw, I would try iFabio's patch but I read about the overclocking and I really didn't want to try that.

Hey guys,

I successfully installed Leopard on my P6T using this guide except with some minor tweaks (mainly the AppleRTL8169Ethernet and ALC1200 drivers). I did the DSTD patch, but I'm "only" getting 7 cores (according to System Profiler), is this normal? If it isn't, what am I doing wrong?

Btw, I would try iFabio's patch but I read about the overclocking and I really didn't want to try that.

Overclocking?

The DSDT that I mod has no overclocking function inside! Yep included the turbo function... but this is basic option in all the P6T Deluxe motherboard, then the system will work' normaly

I personally use a configuration with stock speed.

You do overclock with BIOS not with the DSDT ...

After that everyone has their tastes ..

Recall that the latest BIOS problems if patched from scratch.

Fabio

Hey guys,

I used iFabios DSDT on overclocked system BIOS 1804 and it works fine, even when I removed the overclock.