Windows 7 Beta 1

booger_sniffer5000

27 posts in this topic

Im using it as well. No special screens to post so there isnt really much point in putting some up at the moment.

Its looking pretty damn good imo. Nice and fast..... the animations need a bit of work - they are jerky at the moment. There is a few other little things but its a beta so I dont really care.

Other then all of that its just down to the program devs to make use of all the funky new stuff they can do with the super bar.

Just tried it on my iMac and all everything except the iSight has been installed and works fine.

Now to try the bootcamp software!

EDIT - Bootcamp fixes the iSight.

2nd edit - Although the drivers are installed and the sound mixer is showing sound there is actually no sound coming from my iMac's speakers or headphone port. :lol:

post-81660-1230465150_thumb.jpg

post-81660-1230465184_thumb.jpg

post-81660-1230466042_thumb.jpg

I finished downloading it. I will install it after I backup my data and then post some screenshots.

BTW Chaz, that is a nice color for that laptop, I could have sworn it was a MacBook.

EDIT: Actually I need to finish seeding, I don't want to be a selfish leecher. (Although the anticipation is killing me) :D

Ok folks...

Heres my first install over Parallels 4 on an hackintosh....

Picture1.png

After the first reboot....

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture5.png

After the second reboot...

Picture6.png

Picture7.png

Picture8.png

Picture9.png

Picture10.png

Picture11.png

Picture12.png

Picture13.png

Picture14.png

Picture15.png

Picture16.png

Picture17.png

And this is how it looks full screen after the install processes are over...

Picture20.png

EDIT: These pics are without AERO interface enabled... somehow it seems that the driver provided by Parallels isnt compliant with WDDM for AERO interface....Though i have a 8400GS with QE/CI fully working on my hack.....

It detects the hard drive as there, but it refuses to make any changes to the partitions. Not sure what this is; I've tried formatting in Windows and in Disk utility... but to no avail.

You could try doing a complete wipe in GParted and then try partitioning it in Disk Utility and then formatting the Windows Partition in the Windows installer. (If you're doing a dual boot)

You could try doing a complete wipe in GParted and then try partitioning it in Disk Utility and then formatting the Windows Partition in the Windows installer. (If you're doing a dual boot)

I've tried erasing the disk and partitioning it in Disk Utility. I'm already on a quadboot setup, but I don't think that's an issue. I'll try Gparted when I next reboot though, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok folks...

Heres my first install over Parallels 4 on an hackintosh....EDIT: These pics are without AERO interface enabled... somehow it seems that the driver provided by Parallels isnt compliant with WDDM for AERO interface....Though i have a 8400GS with QE/CI fully working on my hack.....

Hello,

Have you try to install Windows 7 with Parallels 4+patch 3810 ?

tigger1980: This new build 7000 of windows7 supports GUID and very EFI aware. I did my install on a spare partition of my Mac HD and it went perfect without a glitch. I think they make it this way now to support real Mac BootCamp.

But beyond the visuals, it's not as backward compatible as build 6801. It broke my Satellite PCI card. I could not re-install driver even if I disabled the driver enforcement feature. What a sad situation. This is what XP users complained most about early Vista- breaking the install. MS never learn, they are just too big and ignorant about users' needs. I'm going back to build 6801 minus the visual candy.