Attansic ATL1E LAN driver aka AR8121 AR8113 (P5Q series)

marionez

233 posts in this topic

maybe thats the same problem i have...

sometimes i turn on azureus and i lost internet... then i have to reboot , sometimes downloading 2 or 3 files in firefox appends the same thing

Got the same issue, using transmission, it can never sustain up for 10-15 minutes even I limit the speed to 100K down 30k up. Tried out utorrent same case but will break the connection after 20 mins or so, then need to reboot.

UPDATE: by installing the new updated kext, seems the connection problem has been solved, thanks! Great work!!!

Got the same issue, using transmission, it can never sustain up for 10-15 minutes even I limit the speed to 100K down 30k up. Tried out utorrent same case but will break the connection after 20 mins or so, then need to reboot.

UPDATE: by installing the new updated kext, seems the connection problem has been solved, thanks! Great work!!!

thats great news

the drivers are the ones from the last reader02 post ?

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't working on my P5Q motherboard.

network.jpg

I tried it on iDeneb 1.4 and iPC 10.5.6. I tried using kexthelper and installing manually. It does get installed as it shows up when I do a kextstat but I don't have an internet connection.

Am I missing something. Is their something else I need to have installed that I don't know about?

Edit - Nevermind I got it to work. I needed to go to System Preferences > Network and select Ethernet, that's all.

hi there, i am new to the forum, i also have P5Q asus motherboard just want to no will this set up work with core2quad cpu or will i have problems want to no before i get started. i tried everything going this is my final atempt so please anybody that no anything let me no asap please.

thanks guys

I have installed Retail Leopard 10.5 tutorial from eeeboot on my 1000H and updated to 10.5.6

Bios updated from here: http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-153754...os-version-1902

Now after installing the kext so many times, so many different versions LAN is not working at all. Its not even in the list in network section of System preference.

EDIT: I just reinstalled OS again. And realised that when update the software from apple there is one update called SECURITY UPDATE 2009-001 (something like that). before installing that update with 10.5.6 ethernet was working like charm. but after that update its not even in the list. So is there any possiblity to have some update on that kext please. probably somone else have the same issue. Thanks again

i am loosing network connectivity once i start bitorrent or some other heavier downloading. On normal usage this doesnt happen often, but when i start bitorrent or something like that the lan goes away after minutes which is quite frustrating.

Reloading the Kext solves it, but i cant leave my computer while downloading which is quite annoying...has anyone experienced similar issues?

*edit* oh i see people already posted the same issues, will try the updated driver then <_<

also i have a p5q mobo with atl1e lan..

and wait for a solution

however thanks to people that want to resolve this problem..

hi there

i have a P5Q Pro mobo and i checked Everest and it tells me the the ethernet controller is:

Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E the link your looking for is

http://partner.atheros.com/Drivers.aspx

this has all the atheros drivers for the ar81 Dos/Linux/novell& windows drivers,

it also has the L1 & L2 drivers.

i hope this helps

P5Q pro Q6600,

4Gb OCZ ReaperX HPC OCZ2RPX8002G,

Zotac Gtx 260,

2 X 320gb Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 raid 0

1 160 gb Maxtor 6L160M0

1 1tb Hitachi HDT721010SLA360

enermax 485 watt psu

lol sascha

I have two eee pc's: 901 and new revision 1000HA (chiclet keyboard). I installed the kext just fine on the 901 and it seems to work great. An lspci shows that they both have the same "Attansic ethernet..yaddayadda...1969:1026". However, it doesn't work at all on the 1000HA. I realize that that model is not listed as being supported in your explanation, just wondering if you have any idea of what the difference is?

bizarrely- some playing around did get it to work - I'm not sure what was different, I did reinstall some of the kexts and helpers associated with sleeping the computer. I also reinstalled some of my other kexts. Overall, I would guess that the 1000HA with chiclet keyboard is, as I suspected, compatible with the kext so it can be added to the list of compatible computers.

So the initial problem was: plugging in the ethernet cable always yielded "not plugged in" errors. Since the reboots and reinstalls, it now connects fine. I still get a handful of errors associated with the drivers on verbose boot which I could pass along, but I'm assuming they're not related to the problems I was having.

i am loosing network connectivity once i start bitorrent or some other heavier downloading. On normal usage this doesnt happen often, but when i start bitorrent or something like that the lan goes away after minutes which is quite frustrating.

Reloading the Kext solves it, but i cant leave my computer while downloading which is quite annoying...has anyone experienced similar issues?

*edit* oh i see people already posted the same issues, will try the updated driver then :rolleyes:

the problem is solved?

Odd, I had this working on my Eee 901 under 10.5.6, but it's not working under 10.5.7. Even more disturbing is my lspci no longer shows the same info it used to - now it's:

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. Unknown device 1026 (rev b0)

Any ideas? ;)

I've installed the latest driver listed in this thread (Atl1ekext20090418.zip). The issue still there but less serious as before ; when transmission start or any heavy download everything freeze. But not everytime... before it was... even with no download at all.

From kextstat

ru.Applelife.AttansicL1eEthernet (1.0.1b0) <64 17 6 5 4 2>

Ideneb v1.4 (10.5.6)

P5Q Motherboard

Quad-core Q6600 CPU

Nvidia Gforce 8800 GTS

8GB DDR2

Anyone got a suggestion for a PCI NIC ?

Thanks!

I've installed the latest driver listed in this thread (Atl1ekext20090418.zip). The issue still there but less serious as before ; when transmission start or any heavy download everything freeze. But not everytime... before it was... even with no download at all.

From kextstat

ru.Applelife.AttansicL1eEthernet (1.0.1b0) <64 17 6 5 4 2>

Ideneb v1.4 (10.5.6)

P5Q Motherboard

Quad-core Q6600 CPU

Nvidia Gforce 8800 GTS

8GB DDR2

Anyone got a suggestion for a PCI NIC ?

Thanks!

It may not be the kext - my Mac Mini also kernel panics regularly when downloading torrents with Transmission or Azureus (seems like more with Transmission, but it may be my imagination). I don't know that it's the bandwidth either - seems more like the number of connections triggers it.

I cant get this to work on the acer aspire 6930G here is what i get in my system logs

Jun 7 19:01:14 localhost kernel[0]: [AttansicL1eEthernet] Error: Couldn't map io regs

Jun 7 19:01:14 localhost kernel[0]: [AttansicL1eEthernet] Error: Couldn't probe adapter

Any advice?