Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Mac OSX Coder

Apple G5 Front Panel Connector Layout

40 posts in this topic

Hi There

I have a Apple G5 Case with the included front panel connect, (Power Button, Audio Out, Firewire, USB) except i have runed into a little problem. I don't know which pin to connect to for the POWER-LED on my motherboard.

Here is the layout of the pin:

layout0ym.gif

Which pins do I connect to and which order?

You connect pin 13 to your power led V+ and pin 2 to the ground pin. Pin 14 is for the power button, you would connect that to the power buttons V++ pin on your motherboard.

please helP! this is the only thing I need to put my computer together and try to boot OSX86!

I would help you, but I cant seem to access the Pinouts PDF file that Ouch!p0tat0 linked to in the other thread...

EDIT: Downloading it now... Very slow... I'll help as soon as I can. I know how annoying it is to not be able to hook up these pins. When I built my first PC, I had everything I needed. Put it all together, but I had never read anywhere about these little cables and where to pin them in. Thankfully, I figured it out after a while.

EDIT 2: Hope this helps:

pins.jpg

I meant like where do i plug those three ports into my mobo? I already know the pins of that.

Oh... Well, what motherboard do you have? (Make, Model...)

EDIT: Downloading it now... Very slow... I'll help as soon as I can. I know how annoying it is to not be able to hook up these pins. When I built my first PC, I had everything I needed. Put it all together, but I had never read anywhere about these little cables and where to pin them in. Thankfully, I figured it out after a while.

Hehe - it's sitting on a server on my 256kbps up adsl link, so it's sloooowww.

Pin 2 -> Pin 17 on mobo

Pin 14 -> Pin 8 on mobo

Pin 13 -> Pin 2 on mobo

alright gang, I got it working!

Just to clarify, it works like a regular pc switch right? and the little led dot is supose to light up?

[update] Fixed some typos.

Should (usually) be two LEDs: Green = Power, Red = HDD Activity... Could be different colours though...

oh, I meant on the powermac g5 case

Oh... Sorry. In that case then, I wouldn't know...

What connectors/pin adapters do you use for the Front Panel. I have a G5 case and I lost the connector cable. I am hoping to buy some pin connectors but I dont know which will fit. Thanks.

Hey people!

I got my PowerMac G5 case a few days ago!

Could someone post how he connected the Button and the LED?

I tried it like it is described in the manual but it does not work :D

Plz help me!

cYa

Hey people!

I got my PowerMac G5 case a few days ago!

Could someone post how he connected the Button and the LED?

I tried it like it is described in the manual but it does not work :D

Plz help me!

cYa

It wasnt working for me either, then I swapped LED and PWR and connected the Ground to the PWButton ground pin on our mobo, yeah works :)

It wasnt working for me either, then I swapped LED and PWR and connected the Ground to the PWButton ground pin on our mobo, yeah works :(

Ok, I made a picture for the layout... Could you paint big fat red wires into the pic?

post-18041-1165068147_thumb.png

Ok, I made a picture for the layout... Could you paint big fat red wires into the pic?

here you have all pin-outs :blink:

post-13556-1165071346_thumb.png