RETAIL Snow Leopard 10.6.4/10.6.5 on HP HDX16/HDX18/DV6000/DV9000 Laptop

Newman Cook

116 posts in this topic

For battery meter:

check out: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t136309.html

I also have hdx16 and the battery fix worked for me. There is also link to get the card reader semi-working. (make sure you don't miss the link to download all the files you need)

For the sleep, i recall reading somewhere that you can try changing the setting for "resume after sleep" in power settings... i don't know i haven't tried it yet. For now, i just make it so the machine doesn't sleep :)

QUESTION: have you gotten VGA output working (e.g. can you connect your laptop to an external monitor?) That's the one thing i can't get working.

I have the 9600M GT 512 MB.

Any advice you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Spoke to soon. I installed iMovie and it wouldnt launch because I didnt have a Quartz Extreme supported card. I cannot believe I missed that. So, I tried to get it supported, screwed things up so badly. By the way, the battery fix you supplied me did not work. I'm gonna fresh install 10.5.7 again now that I know what to do. But first, how do I get QE supported?

And sorry, I can't answer your question about the VGA output now.

UPDATE:

Ok so I'm back up and running smoother than ever. Got QE finally. VGA is a no, however, HDMI works. I got the battery working as well. All I need is Sleep and Restart and it's all good. Oh, well, once WiFi, that'll be the day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my HDX16t a week ago. Still doing more research before I try installing OSX.

I have iATKOS 10.5.7 ready to go, but I read this guys install guide of iDeneb 10.5.8 on his HP DV7. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183444

Isn't the HDX16 pretty much identical to the DV7?

For those who have had success with installing OSX on their HDX, are you dual booting? And what method is your dual boot? Thanks in advance.

Ok, I now have a successful install on my HDX16. In my previous post I inquired about the new iDeneb 10.5.8 distro, but that didn't work, it just stalled during install.

Others have recommended iAtkos 10.5.7, which installed beautifully. Don't select any graphics/sound drivers. I installed OSX86Tools and update the graphics through the GFX EFI menu. Search for a topic under "IDT sound" and install the AppleHDA.kext from there. Voila! Everything works except for the wifi. Luckily, I have bluetooth, and I can tether through my Sprint PCS.

I'm also dual booting with Windows 7. Google "Latest Drivers HDX16 Windows 7" for a perfect upgrade to Win7 with everything working. I'm using EasyBCD.

I'm freakin happy now, and now I can go to sleep peacefully...

• 2 months later...

hi,

i confirm such audio level problem. Perhaps we should not use VoodooHDA.

Other problems :

1) sometimes multitouch trackpad with voodoops2 controller and ps2trackpad works, sometimes not. But at each restart settings are resetted.

2) sometimes i don't see firewire port at all, sometimes it works and everything is fine. Do you suggest an earlier version of ideneb ? before installing the "ahci sata yellow icons fix" firewire worked ok.

3) sleep does not work at all

4) i am not able to boot from usb hard drive

5) i am waiting for a patched bios for swapping wifi without whitelist (i do not want to remove the dvb-t card... i prefer the whitelist solution)

6) do you know if there is a way to make it working its internal dvb-t tv card ?

Things that work :

1) vanilla kernel 9.8.0 runs perfectly.

2) video and graphics board runs like a charm at full 1920x1080 resolution and it's amazing!

I am an ideneb 10.5.8 lite.

Please let me know if you are able to solve my problems with hdx18... it may be a perfect hackintosh!

Thanks!

Mal

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks for the guide.

I'm using iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5) on HP HDX16.

Working:

. QE/CI

. Audio

. Internal and jack mic

. Card Reader

. Ethernet

. USB ports

. WiFi (using an usb wifi dongle with realtek 8187b chipset)

. Battery Meter

Problems:

. Numlock key is off, and I can't switch it to use pgup/pgdn, I got only numbers

. Heat: at this moment both cores are 86C! It's really hot. I tried deleting all thermal related kext's but the problem is still there (fan is barely working).

Is there any way to solve that problems?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
3. Make a backup image for your OSX hard drive or partition as it helps a lot for testing new drivers or updates. Updating to Leopard 10.5.6 is easy with Pacifist tool: download the Combo Update 10.5.6, extract the install package to the desktop, then open it with Pacifist, highlight all folders in that package, EXCEPT Extensions folder and 2 kernel files, choose Install and that's it. You are upgraded to 10.5.6 without any problem.

I have installed 10.5.5 with no problem but when I try to do this step to update 10.5.6 it alwasy crashes and never works again. I dont see an Extensions folder inside the Combo Update after its extrated. I see the 2 Kernel files, but not the folder thats mentioned.

Anyone else able to get 10.5.6 installed?

Also I was able to do an install Ideneb 10.5.5 to a USB drive. I couldn't install 10.5.6 from ideneb to a USB drive. It gives USB errors that 10.5.6 doesn't fix, but was fixed in 10.5.5.

I have installed 10.5.5 with no problem but when I try to do this step to update 10.5.6 it alwasy crashes and never works again. I dont see an Extensions folder inside the Combo Update after its extrated. I see the 2 Kernel files, but not the folder thats mentioned.

Anyone else able to get 10.5.6 installed?

Also I was able to do an install Ideneb 10.5.5 to a USB drive. I couldn't install 10.5.6 from ideneb to a USB drive. It gives USB errors that 10.5.6 doesn't fix, but was fixed in 10.5.5.

So I got 10.5.7 working, and then I started having problems with USB after I installed ILife. I think I got my issues resolved though. I think that the wireless mouse I have was partially causing the problem.

• 6 months later...

This is my Guide to install

HP HDX 16 1040US

Hardware list:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400

Video: Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT (10DE:0649)

Chipset: Intel ICH9

Network: Realtek 8186C/8111C (10EC:8186)

Sound: Intel IDT HDA (111D:76B2, 8086:293E)

Wireless: Intel Wifi 5100

Card Reader: JMB 38x Controller

HP Webcam

Installed:

iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition.

-Bootloader

Chameleon 2

-Kernel

9.8.0 Vainilla

-Patches:

-AppleDecrypt

-AppleSMBIOSEnabler

SMBIOSEnabler

-AppleSMBIOSPatched

AppleSMBIOS MacBook

-Disabler

-DSDT Patcher

-Time Machine Fix

-Open Halt Restart

-PS/2 Drivers

Vooodo PS2 Trackpad

-About this mac

-System Profiler Fix

-Fix

AppleHDA 10.5.6

SD/SHDCI Drivers

IOUSBFamilyFix

VooodooUSBEHCI

-Drivers

-Audio

NO AUDIO (None) I attached the one who works with the mic

-Chipset

AHCI SATA/IDE

JMicronATA

-Network (None) The Ethernet works out of the box

-System Managment (All)

-Video (Most Important)

GT200 2F16 EVGA (This Worked for nVidia9600M GT With my apple.boot.plist -attached)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8rf69dv62leawum

-Cleanup

Install

After reboot, replace my apple.boot.plist in \Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration

Restart

Then you have to got Video Working!

Then Install sound

Download Kext Helper b7

And install this kexts of audio

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?itu6yjypnilgg1u

As you Know we dont have working the Wireless driver but we can buy a USB stick.

• 4 months later...

I'm only able to get a max res of 1280x720. Is it possible to get 1920x1080 res??

*Hardware list:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9400

Video: Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 512MB

Chipset: Intel ICH9M

Network: Realtek 8186C/8111C

Sound: Intel IDT HDA

Wireless: Intel Wifi 5100

Card Reader: JMB 38x Controller

HP Webcam

• 4 weeks later...

Hi fellas, im really surprised by the huge number of interested people to install OS X in HDX's.

I personally have a HDX 16 1010EA, ive successfully installed Leo on it though i have never tried SL on it so far, but using NAWCOM's CD, i have managed to install quite a lot of hackintoshs on friends computers.

Has anyone made it to have a fully compatible system?

webcam, tv tuner didnt work for me, but theyre really not needed, and the card reader didnt work aswell, but againg, i dont need it, and i read that it has already been fixed, though the wireless card is a problem for me since my only internet source is a wireless network where i live at.

Any update's for the Wireless Card so far? no KEXTS?

also some minor things that make me hesitate install SL on my HDX is functions like HDMI which i use a lot, and the SHUT DOWN and SLEEP/WAKE functionality, are these stable and fully functional as well?

also some technical questions, using NAWCOM or any other boot cd does not really mean i know what im doing, ive learned loads of commands from these environments but i do not call myself knowledged in this area. i would really like to know what difference do the different type of Kernels play? my experience so far with "legacy" kernel has been positive as long as i used nVidia cards, but knowing the difference between the kernels would really enlighten some questions here?

and one more thing guys, i see the BLUE RAY question has not been answered. my HDX has went through a lot of stress with the HP Support, for example, i could never make my TV Tuner work under windows and they gave me 4-5 different drivers that installed without a problem but never made the thing work, and to come back to the HL DS ST drive, i had problems burning DVD DL-s and reading BR's on it, and they confirmed it to me that there is a firmware error that they never updated, though they sent me the Optiarc one which worked perfectly on both issues that i had with the previous drive, so double check on windows aswelll to confirm if Blue Ray is working...

• 4 months later...