Dell Inspiron 1318 got it working

pcguy

180 posts in this topic

Can anyone please provide the Audio codec for the Dell 1318. I have the HDA Patcher v1.16.

I cannot get the sound to work.

Thanks

hey pcguy ive been tryin to figure out how to get the headphones working right, but i cant seen to get it. also yall kno if the mic is able to work? thanks

Use this updated HDA kext attached here. Copy it to your Extensions folder and repair permissions.

Has anyone had any luck with getting ethernet to work?

What is the model of that network card? Give me the name of it and if possible device ID. I'll try to post the driver.

AppleHDA.kext._HeadPhoneFix.zip

Use this updated HDA kext attached here. Copy it to your Extensions folder and repair permissions.

What is the model of that network card? Give me the name of it and if possible device ID. I'll try to post the driver.

@ pc Guy! THANK YOU for the kext... ;)

Not sure of the network card model. I just ordered the laptop, so I'll see when I get it. Thanks for all your help, pcguy! This thread is fantastic. Have you tried the latest version of iPC 10.5.6? I tried it on my girlfriend's Insprion E1405 and with the right customizations, it was a great install.

Hi Guys, its my first post here at the most helpful of all the forums! You guys rock!

@ PcGuy , thumbs Up to you :)

I am trying to install iATKOS 10.5.5 on DELL INSPIRON 1525 . Specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 867 MHZ FSB

4 GB RAM, DDR2 667 MHz

250 GB Hard Drive , SATA

Intel GMA X1300

Intel 965GM ChipSET

Installation succeeded gracefully :D ! Except a few minor issues.

1- Built in Laptop keyboard and mouse doesnot work , i am using USB KB and Mouse.

- I will try out the solutions outlined in the first 2 pages of this thread, i hope they will work.

2- Every time i boot up my lappy, after booting finishes blue screen appears for a second or two and then screen goes black. The work around i am using currently, which works but is a bit frustrating, is i wait for about 15 to 20 minutes and then the desktop shows up and i can start using the lappy.

- Tried wid the propsed solutions but none seem to improve the situation. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

@ pc Guy! THANK YOU for the kext... :angel:

You're welcome! I'm glad I'm able to help you guys out.

Hi Guys, its my first post here at the most helpful of all the forums! You guys rock!

@ PcGuy , thumbs Up to you :)

I am trying to install iATKOS 10.5.5 on DELL INSPIRON 1525 . Specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 867 MHZ FSB

4 GB RAM, DDR2 667 MHz

250 GB Hard Drive , SATA

Intel GMA X1300

Intel 965GM ChipSET

Installation succeeded gracefully :) ! Except a few minor issues.

1- Built in Laptop keyboard and mouse doesnot work , i am using USB KB and Mouse.

- I will try out the solutions outlined in the first 2 pages of this thread, i hope they will work.

2- Every time i boot up my lappy, after booting finishes blue screen appears for a second or two and then screen goes black. The work around i am using currently, which works but is a bit frustrating, is i wait for about 15 to 20 minutes and then the desktop shows up and i can start using the lappy.

- Tried wid the propsed solutions but none seem to improve the situation. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

You're doing it the hard way. Try this attachment to get rid of the black screen. Yes, it's annoying until I found this great utility somewhere in the forum. The issue with the keyboard can be resolved also if you look into the 1525 thread. So download this attachment and run it. Restart your lappy and hopefully that's one less problem to worry about.

In the future you can boot into single user mode by using -s and delete the offending drivers. No need to unplug hard disks

Thanks for the tip. That's very helpful. Save me a lot of time. Sorry, I've been off on a different project. I ended up purchasing a Mini Mac and upgraded the memory to 4GB myself. It's the newer mini with the Nvidia 9400 video card. It's not that fast but I can update it without worrying. I'm using it mainly for fixing other home-built hackintosh. For the price I could have gotten a Quad core system and it will be way faster than what I have now but I want a true Mac so I had to experience it myself. Still I prefer to build a PC so I can get faster speed out of it.

Screen_Sleeper_Solution_Installer.pkg.zip

The problem is PCguy that the problem started happening after the update. Before it, it ran fine and ask if I could update the computer in order for iWork to start installing. After I did I started to have those problem and now it doesn't freeze, now it goes a little deemer and the you need to restart and all languages thing appears and I have to reboot. It happens for every .dmg file. I really don't know what to do with that. Also I have set up everything back after the update so I have sound and wireless. Also what about the bluetooth? I can use it, it's just that I always have to turn it on manually. It starts with the computer but it starts as off. Thanks for everything by the way.

I had that issue too after upgrading to 10.5.6. Everytime I'd try to mount a dmg, there would be that gray 'please restart your computer' would wash over the screen. Luckily, it's an easy fix. Install the 10.5.5 seatlbelt.kext and you won't have that issue anymore. Use KextHelper to install it (it's a one-click install) as opposed to going into terminal and typing all the commands.

Attached is the seatbelt.kext and KextHelper. Cheers!

That headphone fix just removes my audio all together (no output devices). Does anyone else have it working on the 1318? If so could you post your ALCinject.kext maybe i have a wonky one.

Headphone fix filled my audio too. Anyone have it working successfully?

Thanks!

seatbelt.kext.zip

Kext_Helper.zip

EDIT:

You should be able to use the default X3100 kexts with my dsdt.aml (instead of the Slashack ones) without a problem. I've been using the ones from 10.5.6 and now 10.5.7; works flawlessly.

EDIT 2:

Added new dsdt built with the newhpet option. This'll let AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement load without crashing. For me, it's also causing me to lose USB unless I remove AppleHPET.kext, so use it with caution

EDIT 3:

Fixed the loss of USB using DSDT w/newHPET: See this post

Great News All!!

If you're still relying on Sleeper Solution, Hot Corners or other tricks to get your X3100 display working on your Inspiron 1318, all you really need is a possible updated bootloader and the attached dsdt.aml file and you can finally kiss all those other workarounds good-bye!

With the help of Mr. Genaro B. (Thanks!) and his very useful site, Mac Your PC, I managed to create a DSDT file that hopefully should work on all the 1318s. Just follow these steps to be booting straight to your desktop without all the hassles.

First you'll need to make sure you have a DSDT compatible bootloader installed; I'm currently using Chameleon 2.0RC1

Secondly, install all of the kexts from the Slashack Video drivers found on the first post in this thread, MINUS the Natit.kext.

Finally, place the dsdt.aml from the attached .zip at the root of your hard drive (the root, if you didn't know, is where your Application, Library, System, etc. Folders are located).

Repair permissions if you must and reboot. Hopefully you'll now be enjoying future system boots to glorious 1280X800 QE/CI'd resolution on your notebook display!

Also, don't forget to remove/disable any workarounds you may have been using previously. They'll no longer be needed.

Note: I cannot be held responsible/accountable for any problems/mishaps that may occur to your precious computer if you choose to read and follow these instructions. Everything worked for me; I can't guarantee you the same. Please take the necessary precautions before you begin (backups, guides, etc.)

GOOD LUCK and many thanks to Pcguy and others for their knowledge and assistance! dsdt.aml.zip

dsdt.aml_with_newhpet_.zip

Edited by Dabluest

It's me again. For those who are having issues with their sound, i.e. mute not working, headphone not muting internal speakers, I just discovered an AppleHDA.kext that works very well on our 1318s. The kext, which was created by forum members gbonilla (the same guy that helped get my video working ;)) and Slice, can be found here, at the bottom of the first post.

I did a brief test and aside from not having a mic to test with, everything works as it should! :)

Be sure you remove your ALCinject.kext if you have one and add HDAEnabler.kext along with the AppleHDA.kext.

Hope it helps others. :D

Gbonilla,

Autoswitching works just fine for me. Here are screenshots:

Speakers:

Sys_Output.jpg

Headphones:

Sys_Output_HP.jpg

Mic:

Sys_Input.jpg

System Profiler:

Sys_Profiler.jpg

I'm using the last posted version of your AppleHDA listed in the first post of your thread (believe it's Jan. 18 one). I'm not sure why it's different for Cymrosinistr. Can anyone else test and verify that auto switching works?

I have slightly different results, I have four outputs: Internal Speakers, Line Out, Headphones (This setting works when I want headphones) and Digital Out. It's not a big problem, more of a hindrance. Although it seems that I don't have any line in controls at all, as in, there's no 'input controls' for the internal microphone or line in.

I probably have a concoction of various audio settings, if there's a way to install the audio settings from the default install settings I'll probably be able to fix the problem.

Thanks, this thread has been nothing but helpful!

**I have exactly the same information under the 'audio' setting as Dabluest in the system profiler.**

I have slightly different results, I have four outputs: Internal Speakers, Line Out, Headphones (This setting works when I want headphones) and Digital Out. It's not a big problem, more of a hindrance. Although it seems that I don't have any line in controls at all, as in, there's no 'input controls' for the internal microphone or line in.

I probably have a concoction of various audio settings, if there's a way to install the audio settings from the default install settings I'll probably be able to fix the problem.

Thanks, this thread has been nothing but helpful!

**I have exactly the same information under the 'audio' setting as Dabluest in the system profiler.**

Sent you a PM with some thoughts.

I'll test this one out and let you know of any differences I see/hear.

EDIT: Just got through testing and I'm sure it's the same version from your earlier post. Visually everything is the same as my earlier posted screenshots. I also did some more audio testing:

CONFIRMED WORKING:

-Internal Speakers

-Headphones

-Mute

-Auto-Switching between Int. Speakers and Headphones

-Mute on Int. Speakers when Headphone Jack Connected

-Audio survives on Int. Speakers and Headphones after a Sleep/Wake cycle.

NOT CONFIRMED:

-Mic Input (this may or may not be working, but I'm unable to test currently due to lack of a mic)

All in all, this kext is a vast improvement over the old one I was using. Many thanks! :)

Edited by Dabluest

Oops I posted the wrong AppleHDA.kext above

It's this one AppleHDA.kext.zip

This kext seems to work for me, auto-mute and everything. The line-in, as far as I can test, works as I'm able to see the levels under system preferences, although as my recording gear is 200 miles away I wont be able to test it for another week or so. I'll get back with my results at that time.

Thanks, my hackintosh is now working brilliantly! :)

Thanks so much for posting that headphone fix Dabluest!

I seem to have a very stable setup aside from proper shutdown and ethernet.

When I choose "Shut Down," the OS seems to shut down but the laptop stays on. :)

Anyone solved that issue?

As for ethernet, I looked around and I guess this ethernet card (Broadcom BCM5906M) is one of few without a working driver. There's a guy in this thread working on a driver (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71488&st=120)

Thanks to everyone for their inputs and posts, and to pcguy for starting this thread!

I too used to have trouble completely shutting down and linked it to the sleeper solution I installed from the first post. If you're still using that, get rid of it and you'll be able to fully shutdown. To me, that sleeper solution caused too many issues, i.e. improper shutdown, constant writes to the hard drive and higher cpu usuage. Try my dsdt trick if you need a video solution.

I too used to have trouble completely shutting down and linked it to the sleeper solution I installed from the first post. If you're still using that, get rid of it and you'll be able to fully shutdown. To me, that sleeper solution caused too many issues, i.e. improper shutdown, constant writes to the hard drive and higher cpu usuage. Try my dsdt trick if you need a video solution.

Thanks for the tip! Do you know how to successfully get rid of sleeper solution without re-installing? Someone posted instructions in this thread, but they were incomplete and caused more problems.

Thanks for the tip! Do you know how to successfully get rid of sleeper solution without re-installing? Someone posted instructions in this thread, but they were incomplete and caused more problems.

To the best of my knowledge, these are all the files you'll need to delete that were installed by the sleeper solution:

1. /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/Sleep_Login.app

2. /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.nawcom.Sleep_Login.plist

3. /System/Library/LaunchAgents/org.nawcom.ResDaemon.plist

4. /usr/bin/ResDaemon

5. /usr/bin/cscreen

*Note* You'll need to 'Show Hidden Files' for the last two files.

(To view hidden files, in Terminal, type the following:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

When you're done, type:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

killall Finder

)

Finally terminate the running ResDameon process by issuing this command in Terminal: killall ResDameon

Reboot and your system should be clear of the sleeper solution.

Good news everyone :yoji: . There is a new version iPC 10.5.6 which fixes video driver issue (no sleep display necessary), sound with microphone working, USB and other minor stuff. I'm downloading it right now. I'll post instructions later for this new version.

For those of you wanting to know what's in this new version, take a look at this package list. Zoom in so you can see all the drivers. I found power management fix and other minor fix in one package. Hope this will work out.

post-160714-1240820439_thumb.png

That's good to know. Hopefully this'll help others on getting Leopard working more easily on the 1318. I'll probably just end up cloning my existing mostly functional, aside from ethernet, install and wait to see what 10.5.7 offers. Thanks for all your efforts. ;)