Dell Inspiron 1318 got it working

pcguy

180 posts in this topic

Did anyone manage to solve the sound coming out of both the headphones and speakers at the same time?

This is a real pain given the point of headphones is to be able to listen to the sound without bothering others!

If anyone has a solution (other than purchasing an external audio chipset), I'd really appreciate it!

Also - If anyone knows how to make the wired ethernet (network) port work, I'd appreciate the help on that as well.....

Does anyone even know if their wired ethernet (network) port works?

The answer is in this thread here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1028825

Credit goes to Boombeng. Just needed to edit AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.Kext/Contents/InfoPlist

In the Plist I navigated to Root/IOKitPersonnalities/HDA Platform Resource/Layouts/0/PathMapRef/0/

and added :

> 0 to MuteGPIO under Headphone,

> LineOut with MuteGPIO to 0

> under Outputs I changed IntSpeaker from 1 to 0 added LineOut under 1 and changed Headphone from 1 to 2

PCGuy: thanx a lot for all the instructions!!!

My girls 1318 works great now with a few problems: i installed iAtkos 5 with mentioned options selected.

- can not change wallpaper: change can be seen in preferences but the actual wallpaper does not change... i red someone experienced the same problem.

- photo booth crashes occasionaly...

- sleep does not work

Any thoughts someone?

@ PCguy: can you send me HDA 1.6? Thanx in advanced. bonacic AT gmail DOT com

I tried several versions KalyWay, iDeneb, Leo4All and could not get Leo installed. Frustrated, I tried again with iATKOS 10.5.4 and got it to boot. (UPDATE, you can use the newest version iATKOS ver 5i which is 10.5.5) Then choose the default with SATA driver selected and Intel GMA3100 video driver. After a reboot, the display went blank here is what you need to do:

__Wait for 20 seconds before pulling the power plug. (Let the system finish up what it is doing. Pulling the plug too soon may not get the display to come back)

__Wait like 5 minutes 40 seconds or 6 minutes to plug it back in.

and voila, the display came back. Now I'm working on getting the sound driver updated and the SleepDisplay app installed to wake the video up.

f someone out there having the problem installing Leo, try iATKOS 10.5.4 and my method; you should be able to install it on Dell Inspiron 1318.

UPDATE:

Use this video driver from hackslash to get your video driver working properly. The one on iATKOS won't function correctly sometimes. x3100 updated driver"]x3100 updated video driver[/url]

Now you can get rid of the Hot Corner. Stop monkeying around with SleepDisplay. Download this Screen Sleeper Solution and install it. That's it. Credit goes to Nawcom. Thanks. :P

Hello pcguy, I was trying to download this x3100 driver that you posted. but when i click the link, it says the page cannot be found. can you please help me. also do i have to repair permission or anything? i downloaded the screen sleeper solution, but it didn't solve the problem. maybe i need the x3100 updated driver with it. Please help.

thank you

I updated the video driver link so it should be OK now. You can download it from here also x3100 updated driver. Remember to repair the permissions after you copy the driver to the extensions folder. The easiest way is to use Kext Helper here kext helper b7, then drag and drop all those files to it and let it do the copy and repair the permissions for you. Keep me updated on your progress.

I ran into problem with changing the display resolution with the old video driver. It hung up my system. But now after install Screen Sleeper Solution and the updated video driver, I'm able to change the resolution to any resolution below 1280 X 800. Awesome!

PCGuy: thanx a lot for all the instructions!!!

My girls 1318 works great now with a few problems: i installed iAtkos 5 with mentioned options selected.

- can not change wallpaper: change can be seen in preferences but the actual wallpaper does not change... i red someone experienced the same problem.

- photo booth crashes occasionaly...

- sleep does not work

Any thoughts someone?

@ PCguy: can you send me HDA 1.6? Thanx in advanced. bonacic AT gmail DOT com

Photobooth crashes mean that the video driver is not working correctly. Try to reinstall the video driver. The wallpaper may be related to the video issue. I sent you the HDA patcher. Check your email.

Thanx PCGuy!

Still my video driver is buggy: only sometimes i can change the wallpaper and photo booth keep's crashing...

Also the hda patcher dos not do the trick: 'unsupported codec' .

CAN SOMEONE send me the kext files for audio by mail: AppleHDA & AppleAzalia -> bonacic AT gmail DOT com

THANX!

maybe i will try a reinstall of iatkos.... strange.

Now i have the video, wireless, and sound working. following pcguy's instructions, i used hda patcher 1.16 and the codec. Now i have sound, but my hot corners stopped working, the desktop background is now a dull blue color, i can't change it to anything else. Shutdown doesn't work, when i shutdown mac, its turns everything off, but the power light stays on, so overnight, it kills the battery. can you help me fix these three problems, hot corners, wallpaper, and shutdown.

thank you

I fixed the wallpaper and hot corner problem by logging off and then logging in. now it seems to work fine. to shutdown, i have to hold the power button for few seconds to turn it off. hopefully in future i can avoid pressing the power button to turn off. Now the big problem is with playing video. Any video that plays on quicktime, shows the screen blinking in front of the video. its probably a codec problem. but i'm not sure. can someone please help me.

thank you

Everythings working fine on my end with the exception of the loss of the mic. is there any fix for this?

I dont understand how everything can be working but the mic, I also get a kernal panic when i shut down, suffer from not changing the background, and my laptop wakes up imediately from sleep. I tried to do the hibernate fix but could get it to work. Is it supposed to replace the sleep? Anyways if someone has found a solution please post it. Windows 7 is looking tempting without a sleep fuction in leopard. Thanksd

I dont understand how everything can be working but the mic, I also get a kernal panic when i shut down, suffer from not changing the background, and my laptop wakes up imediately from sleep. I tried to do the hibernate fix but could get it to work. Is it supposed to replace the sleep? Anyways if someone has found a solution please post it. Windows 7 is looking tempting without a sleep fuction in leopard. Thanksd

The exact same thing happened to me. I had to un-install the sleeper solution in order for the shutdown AND the icons/desktop to come back. It was a pain to uninstall, the way to find out what you have to delete is the following ::

> cd /

> sudo find . | grep -i nawcom

> sudo find . | grep -i sleep

I think you have to delete the Sleeper.App and the stuff that comes up with the nawcom find....can't remember all the stuff I did...just remember it was a hassle though.

Good Luck!

There is a new version of iDeneb 1.4 which is 10.5.6. Download it and try to install it to see if you can get it to work. I no longer have the Dell 1318 to try it out but I did try on my new Dell Studio 1535 and it worked just fine. I'm able to install ILife 2009 and iWork.

If you are able to get the latest iDeneb and get it installed on your Dell 1318, please post your installation instructions here so other users can get through it. The sleeper solution may work on this new version.

Oh, this new iDeneb version has more options and also the network, sound and video drivers included. You should not have to reinstall your wireless, network and sound drivers. One important note, the screen will go blank but you won't be able to by pass it by unplugging the A/C adapter. What I did was to remove the hard drive, plug it into a different Mac as an external drive and delete off all the AppleIntelGMAX3100 files including AppleIntelIngrated something file. After that the system let me boot into graphics mode. All I need to do was copy the video driver from iATKOS to the extensions folder and do a repair.

Hey guys. I've got a Dell Inspiron 1318 with the following specifications:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHz

3GB RAM

250GB HDD

DVD-RW drive

Integrated webcam

Broadcom Wi-Fi 802.11g

etc.

I'm confused about where I would start to install Leopard on this notebook. Can anyone show me the way?

The answer is in this thread here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1028825

Credit goes to Boombeng. Just needed to edit AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAPlatformDriver.Kext/Contents/InfoPlist

In the Plist I navigated to Root/IOKitPersonnalities/HDA Platform Resource/Layouts/0/PathMapRef/0/

and added :

> under Outputs I changed IntSpeaker from 1 to 0 added LineOut under 1 and changed Headphone from 1 to 2

hey pcguy ive been tryin to figure out how to get the headphones working right, but i cant seen to get it. also yall kno if the mic is able to work? thanks

There is a new version of iDeneb 1.4 which is 10.5.6. Download it and try to install it to see if you can get it to work. I no longer have the Dell 1318 to try it out but I did try on my new Dell Studio 1535 and it worked just fine. I'm able to install ILife 2009 and iWork.

If you are able to get the latest iDeneb and get it installed on your Dell 1318, please post your installation instructions here so other users can get through it. The sleeper solution may work on this new version.

Oh, this new iDeneb version has more options and also the network, sound and video drivers included. You should not have to reinstall your wireless, network and sound drivers. One important note, the screen will go blank but you won't be able to by pass it by unplugging the A/C adapter. What I did was to remove the hard drive, plug it into a different Mac as an external drive and delete off all the AppleIntelGMAX3100 files including AppleIntelIngrated something file. After that the system let me boot into graphics mode. All I need to do was copy the video driver from iATKOS to the extensions folder and do a repair.

In the future you can boot into single user mode by using -s and delete the offending drivers. No need to unplug hard disks

HI all Experts, Help me!!!

I tried to install iATKOS_5i, Kalyway many times (>30 times) with difference option (bios, boot option –v –x …) but they all did not work. I did check the check sum already. Then I burn it to a DVD RW.

I always got the message after start install about 2seconds (not yet finish the installation).

Extention "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immidiate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

I did try to install on vmware but it hung on a difference step.

I did investigate others thread but they all do not help to go further.

Could you please help me take a look at my configuration and my work to see if I did something wrong? Thanks for your help.

Was my bios setting wrong?

[sATA Operation] ATA/AHCI (tried both)

[Multi core support] OFF/ON (tried both)

[Dynamic acceleration] OFF/Enable (tried both)

[speed step enable] OFF/Enable (tried both)

My laptop is DELL 1318, INTEL CORE 2 DUO CPU T5750 @2GHz.

Please see the attached pictures for detail

Thank Again for your help. can anyone use yahoo (dxdat99) to help me out of this.

post-386808-1236063324_thumb.jpg

Tried the new ideneb 10.5.6 but hangs at booting up the install disk: last line = dsmos:starting... I tried changing settings in BIOS but with no luck.

HI all Experts, Help me!!!

I tried to install iATKOS_5i, Kalyway many times (>30 times) with difference option (bios, boot option –v –x …) but they all did not work. I did check the check sum already. Then I burn it to a DVD RW.

I always got the message after start install about 2seconds (not yet finish the installation).

Extention "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immidiate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

I did try to install on vmware but it hung on a difference step.

I did investigate others thread but they all do not help to go further.

Could you please help me take a look at my configuration and my work to see if I did something wrong? Thanks for your help.

Was my bios setting wrong?

[sATA Operation] ATA/AHCI (tried both)

[Multi core support] OFF/ON (tried both)

[Dynamic acceleration] OFF/Enable (tried both)

[speed step enable] OFF/Enable (tried both)

My laptop is DELL 1318, INTEL CORE 2 DUO CPU T5750 @2GHz.

Please see the attached pictures for detail

Thank Again for your help. can anyone use yahoo (dxdat99) to help me out of this.

Hi,

I also had a lot of problems to boot from iAtkos i5 dvd.

You can set default settings in the bios and use the boot flag "platform=X86PC" to disable the ACPI.

Then install as described in this topic it should boot without any boot flag.

Cheers

and added :

Hey PCGuy, I don't see AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext. I only see appleHDAController.kext and AppleHDAHALPlugin.bundle.

Please help.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...