Intel WiFi 5100/5300 AGN Driver?

chicman

86 posts in this topic

Hi. Just wanted to know if there was any reason for the lack of a kext for the 5100/5300 series.

Isn't there a lot of hardware that is unsupported by OS X yet working perfectly? So what's the deal with the Intel Wifi chips? Are they difficult to program drivers for? Not enough people using them? etc...

Cheers,

Maestro X1

• 2 weeks later...

The Time to wait have now an end !!! I made for you WORKING Intel 5100 or 5300 kext. Just install the Package I uploaded up and with the Network Selector GUD 0.2 connect to your network. Good Luck. I made it and tested it! The Network Selector found my NETWORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Time to wait have now an end !!! I made for you WORKING Intel 5100 or 5300 kext. Just install the Package I uploaded up and with the Network Selector GUD 0.2 connect to your network. Good Luck. I made it and tested it! The Network Selector found my NETWORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to attach your file  :P Anyone insterested check here, post number 211

let's make this work on SL!

• 2 weeks later...
I'M sorry ! In other Topics there stands that my Installation doesn't work ! I only put my IOPCIMatch.So I updated it I hope that it works now For you.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/iwi2200.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try resinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

Please...im ask a great and simple favor: don't play with us!!! This is a fake?? We hope so much this kext/pkg wherever, and since im buy a {censored} Sony Vaio with this wi-fi im so down...don't kind with our hopeless...PLEASE!!!!

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/issues/detail?id=85#c356

Comment 356 by oma...@hotmail.de, Jul 07, 2010

Intel® WIFI Link 5100 : 5300.zip

1.5 M

Follow the link to download but is worth a try :)

1.5 M

Follow the link to download but is worth a try :(

I tried on my 10.6.4 dell system but i am getting this error.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/iwi2200.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

Did this work for anyone?

1.5 M

Follow the link to download but is worth a try :)

alot of users reported that one doesn't work. if you scroll down you find another set of kexts that actually do detect the wireless card but haven't found a way to activate it.

• 3 months later...
I tried on my 10.6.4 dell system but i am getting this error.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/iwi2200.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

Did this work for anyone?

You need to go to terminal and do this:

Sudo -s

cd /System/Library

rm -rf Extensions.mkext

rm -rf Extensions.kextcache

cd Extensions

chown -R root:wheel iwi2200.kext

kextload iki2200.kext

reboot

If you get an error on kextload saying you need to enter -t then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions in finder, find iwi2200.kext Right-Click (I'm a windows guy) and Get-Info,

Under Permissions and Sharing at the bottom you need to click the lock, enter your password and set root:wheel to Read Only, re-click the lock, go back into terminal and type:

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/iwi2200.kext

Then reboot :P

Hope this helps

You need to go to terminal and do this:

Sudo -s

cd /System/Library

rm -rf Extensions.mkext

rm -rf Extensions.kextcache

cd Extensions

chown -R root:wheel iwi2200.kext

kextload iki2200.kext

reboot

If you get an error on kextload saying you need to enter -t then navigate to /System/Library/Extensions in finder, find iwi2200.kext Right-Click (I'm a windows guy) and Get-Info,

Under Permissions and Sharing at the bottom you need to click the lock, enter your password and set root:wheel to Read Only, re-click the lock, go back into terminal and type:

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/iwi2200.kext

Then reboot :)

Hope this helps

Funny that I find this tonight. I have been trying to get my Alienware m15x (core i7 920 2GHz) going on Snow Leopard for the past couple of days. With some diligent searching from this forum and others I have installed retail 10.6.3 and upgraded to the 10.6.5 combo with Audio, Video, and NIC all working (PM for driver info until I post it properly), but not the Intel Wireless 5300.

To make sure I'm not missing anything, I downloaded the Intel® WIFI Link 5100 - 5300 pkg and installed it. I got the same error referenced in posts above. Before rebooting I did what Mutant_Tractor suggested as well and had no luck. I don't see any wireless devices at all. Any suggestions will be appreciated and any successes will be reported. Thanks!!

Funny that I find this tonight. I have been trying to get my Alienware m15x (core i7 920 2GHz) going on Snow Leopard for the past couple of days. With some diligent searching from this forum and others I have installed retail 10.6.3 and upgraded to the 10.6.5 combo with Audio, Video, and NIC all working (PM for driver info until I post it properly), but not the Intel Wireless 5300.

To make sure I'm not missing anything, I downloaded the Intel® WIFI Link 5100 - 5300 pkg and installed it. I got the same error referenced in posts above. Before rebooting I did what Mutant_Tractor suggested as well and had no luck. I don't see any wireless devices at all. Any suggestions will be appreciated and any successes will be reported. Thanks!!

Could you PM me your kexts for SL man?

Im running an M15x too, Only on iAtkos v7 though...

What SL distro you using? iAtkos S2v2?

If so how did you go about installing?

Cheers!

Myles

There isn't currently any working driver for the intel wifi series on snow leopard. There was a driver for the 2100/2200 on tiger, which worked to an extent. The drivers labelled as "finally 5100 series etc WORKING!!!" is FAKE. There are/were 2 projects working towards a solution, iwidarwin and project camphor. the former appears abandoned and the latter unfinished.

For now, as for the past few years the best bet is to find a different wifi adapter. Please do not post unless there is definite news.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...