Acer 5920G + Leopard 10.5.5 Vanilla Retail GUIDE 2.0

VooD

443 posts in this topic

Next time I boot into Leo I will look into the problem, but probably all that it does is just deleting a a firewire related kext.

EXACTLY,

that's what it does/should do...

but can u tell me which of them i should delete?

all of them ?

i found 5 kexts...and u?

EXACTLY,

that's what it does/should do...

but can u tell me which of them i should delete?

all of them ?

i found 5 kexts...and u?

That file you attached does exacytly this:

#!/bin/sh

mkdir "$3/FireWire_Backup"

mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireAVC.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"
mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireFamily.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"
mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireIP.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"
mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireSBP2.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"
mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"

exit 0

So, it deletes a lot of Firewire related files.

That file you attached does exacytly this:

#!/bin/sh

mkdir "$3/FireWire_Backup"

mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireAVC.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"
mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireFamily.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"
mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireIP.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"
mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireSBP2.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"
mv "$3/System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport.kext" "$3/FireWire_Backup/"

exit 0

So, it deletes a lot of Firewire related files.

thx

u got these information thorough pacifist?

i will give it a shot.

:thumbsup_anim:

Vood,

did u already update to 10.5.6 ????

Any advice?

Yep but nt with the laptop.

At the end it seems the dsdt fix ws not needed for 10.5.6, tough I would install it anyway.

On the other hand 10.5.6 overwrites applehda.kext so you need to backup that file and reinstall it. And I'm not sure about the pci kexts. Anyway it does no seems too risky.

Yep but nt with the laptop.

At the end it seems the dsdt fix ws not needed for 10.5.6, tough I would install it anyway.

On the other hand 10.5.6 overwrites applehda.kext so you need to backup that file and reinstall it. And I'm not sure about the pci kexts. Anyway it does no seems too risky.

thx i will give it a try after backup

:)

keep me posted when u did it on your laptop.

btw,

can u give a hint about efi-studio and Q/E:

is there any way to "tell" efi-studio to activate Q/E or is it just luck,

on some cards u get Q/E-support, and on some (like in my cas: 8600mGT 512) u don't?

thx buddy

thx i will give it a try after backup

:)

keep me posted when u did it on your laptop.

btw,

can u give a hint about efi-studio and Q/E:

is there any way to "tell" efi-studio to activate Q/E or is it just luck,

on some cards u get Q/E-support, and on some (like in my cas: 8600mGT 512) u don't?

thx buddy

The truth is I've never tried a mobile card with EFI Studio. Probably can be done manually editing the information in EFI Studio, but I think they are not included in the presets.

Ok, thx

I will see what I can do.

Btw, did u experience crushes while downloading with

Vuze or transmission? I do and many folks too.

Dont know exactly where it comes from,

some think it is a memory issue which

can be solved by defining the max memory usage.

But my laptop has 2gb ram and i dont believe that is

a memory issue in my case. Cause i do a lot of

memory using stuff: games, photoshop, video editing

and i never suffered from unstability. Only while "torrenting".

Whats ur opinion, any similar problems?

Ok, thx

I will see what I can do.

Btw, did u experience crushes while downloading with

Vuze or transmission? I do and many folks too.

Dont know exactly where it comes from,

some think it is a memory issue which

can be solved by defining the max memory usage.

But my laptop has 2gb ram and i dont believe that is

a memory issue in my case. Cause i do a lot of

memory using stuff: games, photoshop, video editing

and i never suffered from unstability. Only while "torrenting".

Whats ur opinion, any similar problems?

Never had that problem, but anyway, I didn't use to download things in osx. Just booth with "debug=0x100" (or add it to the apple.com.boot.plist file).

That will replace the multilingual crash screen by a fine kernel panic screen with some info about what part of the system crashed.

Greetings to all :P

VooD, thank you for this Guide.

I have tried something that i saw here with AppleHDA and PlistEditor and now have working audio output on both internal speakers and headphone out. It seems that nodes inside info.plist are mixed-up. Changing one of the nodes from 27 to 21 gave me working internal speakers without using AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.

post-167037-1230506612_thumb.jpg

For all of you that have followed this guide and installed OSX successfully, use jacks.command script included in VooD's zip to get rid of the Azalia kext and install AppleHDA.kext.internal_headphone_out_Aspire5920g.zip with Kext Helper :D . Reboot and try audio outputs.

Nodes inside the Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext should be investigated further to get all jacks functional ;).

VooD, it would be nice to include this new HDA kext and to remove the "Audio Driver for Internal Speaker" and "AudioSwitch" folders from the "Acer 5920G.zip" file, so that any fresh installed system can be one step further :D

Cheers! :D

P.S. sorry for not so good english :)

Greetings to all :P

VooD, thank you for this Guide.

I have tried something that i saw here with AppleHDA and PlistEditor and now have working audio output on both internal speakers and headphone out. It seems that nodes inside info.plist are mixed-up. Changing one of the nodes from 27 to 21 gave me working internal speakers without using AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.

post-167037-1230506612_thumb.jpg

For all of you that have followed this guide and installed OSX successfully, use jacks.command script included in VooD's zip to get rid of the Azalia kext and install AppleHDA.kext.internal_headphone_out_Aspire5920g.zip with Kext Helper :D . Reboot and try audio outputs.

Nodes inside the Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext should be investigated further to get all jacks functional ;).

VooD, it would be nice to include this new HDA kext and to remove the "Audio Driver for Internal Speaker" and "AudioSwitch" folders from the "Acer 5920G.zip" file, so that any fresh installed system can be one step further :D

Cheers! :D

P.S. sorry for not so good english :)

Wow! Thanks a lot. I don't have the laptop with me right now, but as soon as I'm able to test your solution by myself I'll include your modded kext into the package.

Thanks a lot.

Wow! Thanks a lot. I don't have the laptop with me right now, but as soon as I'm able to test your solution by myself I'll include your modded kext into the package.

Thanks a lot.

You're welcome ;) Maybe, just for precaution, you could wait for a few more confirmations of working output with this kext before including it into the package :) .

You're welcome ;) Maybe, just for precaution, you could wait for a few more confirmations of working output with this kext before including it into the package :) .

9a6paf,

you did a GREAT job :D

i can now use skype !!!

If i plug-in a microphone and my headphones it works fine.

but i can't get the the "acer microphone" to work. (i mean the included microphones on the top near the crystal eye cam)

look at my screenshots.

is there any way to get the digital-out to work at the same time?

thx a lot

post-226604-1230827538_thumb.png

post-226604-1230827545_thumb.png

but i can't get the the "acer microphone" to work. (i mean the included microphones on the top near the crystal eye cam)

neither can I :angry: For now, I can't figure it out at which node is the built-in microphone, maybe it's some kind of sharing with front mic jack....really don't know, but if I find solution I'll report that for shure :D

is there any way to get the digital-out to work at the same time?

At the moment, it seems like that won't work in general. Maybe only case of splitting sounds on more outputs could be possible if the application is aware of using some other output, just like playing system alerts and sound effects (found in the Sound Effects tab under SysPref/Sound) through internal speakers and all the others on HP/Line-out jack, for example.

I will try these days to figure out if it is possible to make some kind of mixed configuration for output like internal speakers+SPDIF or anything like that, but for now I'm clueless how to write such a configuration into the Info.plist :(

thx a lot

You're welcome :D

One more thing :P

Speedstep is working after reading this thread.

All that you need to do is go at this site, download the latest IntelEnhancedSpeedStep.kext (v1.4.5 at the moment), install it with the KextHelper, reboot and let the Speedstep do it's job :D You can check it's functionality with the SpeedStep.app from the same page, just set it in "Custom Mode" after loading so that the driver can use it's own decisions for throttling :D

First of all: Thanks Vood!!

And now the topic: I've manage to install both winxp and osx vanilla with this guide, booting using acronis os selector, and it works for a couple of weeks till windows xp can't boot anymore (black screen remains before logo, I can boot in leopard normally though...)

Which metod do you use?

PS: I use guid

Thanks in advance

First of all: Thanks Vood!!

And now the topic: I've manage to install both winxp and osx vanilla with this guide, booting using acronis os selector, and it works for a couple of weeks till windows xp can't boot anymore (black screen remains before logo, I can boot in leopard normally though...)

Which metod do you use?

PS: I use guid

Thanks in advance

Did you install XP and OS X in guid mode??? XP is not supposed to work with GUID partitions at all. For selection XP and OSX I simply use Darwin bootloader. I'm not sure about if Chamaleon keeps working if you use another boot manager.

Did you install XP and OS X in guid mode??? XP is not supposed to work with GUID partitions at all. For selection XP and OSX I simply use Darwin bootloader. I'm not sure about if Chamaleon keeps working if you use another boot manager.

Well... I made three partitions (WINXP+OSX+DATA) in guid and installed Leopard, then I erased one partition with Xp installation and installed it,

Then I hided the two mac partitions (OSX+ another small partition at the beginning) using hiren bootcd, and installed acronis os selector,then using hiren again I unhide the OSX partition.

It works for a couple of weeks (could be something of promisc ethernet in OSX?)

When I click on "Bootcamp assistant" a new window emerges and tolds me to "update the startup rom firmware"

How did you manage to get bootcamp to work?

Thanks in advance

Well... I made three partitions (WINXP+OSX+DATA) in guid and installed Leopard, then I erased one partition with Xp installation and installed it,

Then I hided the two mac partitions (OSX+ another small partition at the beginning) using hiren bootcd, and installed acronis os selector,then using hiren again I unhide the OSX partition.

It works for a couple of weeks (could be something of promisc ethernet in OSX?)

When I click on "Bootcamp assistant" a new window emerges and tolds me to "update the startup rom firmware"

How did you manage to get bootcamp to work?

Thanks in advance

????

Wow, what a mess. You just had to install OS X in MBR mode either by dumping your installation from an usb disk to the internal disk using Carbon Copy Cloner and then Chamaleon Installer, or by using a modded (with no MBR limitations) install DVD.

About Bootcamp...why would I need to use bootcamp (I think that's the reason your xp is no longer working). Bootcamp is needed in real mac's because they use EFI bioses and an old BIOS emulation, drivers and disk repartitioning is needed for running windows. But our pc's already are able to run Windows with no modifications or tricks.

First of all - THANKS TO ALL PEOPLE, who take care about Acer 5920G :D !

You are MANs!

I've try to install 9a6paf's kext and had working both speakers and headphone at the same time! It's great job :D ! BUT, also I get kernel panic everytime when I try to shutdown my laptop :D . It says that problem is in AppleHDAController. So, I had to backup my old kext((((

Any ideas?

Can anyone help me out here? I've flashed the bios, and have a retail 10.5.1 install disk. But the the OSX installer never fully boots. It gets to the background image with cursor but the interface never shows up. I can move the cursor around with the mouse but there are no menus or selections available.

Can anyone help me out here? I've flashed the bios, and have a retail 10.5.1 install disk. But the the OSX installer never fully boots. It gets to the background image with cursor but the interface never shows up. I can move the cursor around with the mouse but there are no menus or selections available.

Remember set the disk controller in AHCI mode in the bios