....any success with monitor calibration an Hackintosh?

falconpilot

36 posts in this topic

I've never been able to get the built-in calibration to work properly on my 4870 x2. The assistant changes the colors all right, but the result is flat, with a silver/aluminum tint. The first hint of a problem is that I can't get the brightness properly set on the first step - the oval is too visible - decreasing the brightness has little effect here. I've always used the Expert Mode.

The default profile (NEC FP2141SB) is much too dark, with little shadow detail.

Now, if I could somehow adjust the shadow detail without any tint adjustment, I'd be happy with it.

regards,

MAJ

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I use 9500gt with ex58-5d motherboard. Couldn't calibrate using Spyder3 Elite. Upon reading posts on this page, the thing that fixed it for me was swapping the dvi connection on the video out on the 9500gt to the monitor. If you have multiple outputs on your video card - try the others... One of them will be a primary output - you'll just need to work out which one.

I use 9500gt with ex58-5d motherboard. Couldn't calibrate using Spyder3 Elite. Upon reading posts on this page, the thing that fixed it for me was swapping the dvi connection on the video out on the 9500gt to the monitor. If you have multiple outputs on your video card - try the others... One of them will be a primary output - you'll just need to work out which one.

i've tried this a bunch of times with my 8800gts 320mb and it doesn't seem to make a difference. i've only installed using an efistudio string, i'm thinking i have to try a different method of installation.

i've tried this a bunch of times with my 8800gts 320mb and it doesn't seem to make a difference. i've only installed using an efistudio string, i'm thinking i have to try a different method of installation.

I used Kakewalk - really easy and does the trick... You can find it here:

• 3 months later...

I think I have the same problem with my G80 GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB. Color inversion (ctrl option cmd 8) or changing contrast (ctrl option cmd ./,) also isn't working on 10.6.4 -- was anyone able to fix that and can help me out here? Everything that is supposed to change the entire screen seems to only affect my cursor but nothing else :-/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
quick fix... plug your monitor into the other output!!

mate had prob on 6800gts 10.5.6 leo4all, samsung 27" tft... for a few weeks

i recently replaced my broke 2600xt running my dell 20" ultrasharp & asus 16" tft, never had calibration issues on both leo4all and vanilla installs..both 10.5.6 (diff drives)

on replacing my card to a 9600gt, i booted up with just the 20" plugged in.. and ohh noo, no calibration! at the start of my journey to find the problem.. i decided to plug the 16" back in so i could begin my search back with my so gotten used to dual screens... then wtf?? calibration works on the 16".. ok... so i try the 20" profile.. it works!!!

so.. hoping it's not just a fluke, walk over to my mates box, swap the dvi ports.. then bamn! works like a charm =)

hope it works for u!

omg, damn Mate. It works. I change to my second port of my graphics kart and voila its works. I got the Problem that i cant calibrate with 10.6.5 and i downgrade the system to 10.6.4.

now, i got 10.6.6 fully working...thx