....any success with monitor calibration an Hackintosh?

falconpilot

36 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

still have problems: deltaE of the colors is pretty good (average 1,9) but gray balance is absolutely off limits (deltaE 10 or more) - if I try calibration assistant of OS-X then theres no change in contrast or grays at all...

--- maybe gfx-card or display is the bugger --- ?

would any of you guys confirm that the assistant works as advertised or post the log/screenshot of the calibration software with deltaE´s after calibration?

thanx for your time!

fp

• 2 weeks later...
hi folks,

did any one of you try to calibrate the screen?

using nvinject the system seems to "forget" to write the LUT into the gfx-card or something like that...

pls report - thx!

quick fix... plug your monitor into the other output!!

mate had prob on 6800gts 10.5.6 leo4all, samsung 27" tft... for a few weeks

i recently replaced my broke 2600xt running my dell 20" ultrasharp & asus 16" tft, never had calibration issues on both leo4all and vanilla installs..both 10.5.6 (diff drives)

on replacing my card to a 9600gt, i booted up with just the 20" plugged in.. and ohh noo, no calibration! at the start of my journey to find the problem.. i decided to plug the 16" back in so i could begin my search back with my so gotten used to dual screens... then wtf?? calibration works on the 16".. ok... so i try the 20" profile.. it works!!!

so.. hoping it's not just a fluke, walk over to my mates box, swap the dvi ports.. then bamn! works like a charm =)

hope it works for u!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I have EVGA 8800 GTS 640 KO AC3 - calibrator assistant works in Leopard - but DOESN'T work in Snow Leopard...

I think that there is many people with 8800 gts with the same problem but I don't have an idea how to fix it...

Seems like I have to exchange my GFX to some 9xxx

I too am having the same problem with not being able to calibrate.

I was able to in Leopard. I've used the same EFI string as well as trying a different one but no joy inside of Snow Leopard. I too am using a reference design Geforce 8800GTS 320MB graphics card. G80 GPU revision.

If anybody comes up with a solution I'm all ears :D

• 2 months later...

Hi All.

I install IPC 10.5.6 in:

Gygabite EP43-DS3L

Chipset Intel ICH10

rede Realtek RTL8168

Video GeForce 8400 GS

Many problems with NVinject 512, but i fix the problems with Quartz, bla bla bla

but when i change the profile of the monitor does not happen any change.

I cannot calibrate too.

How do i fix this?

• 2 months later...

Running Dual Monitors (Laptop + External LCD via Analogue/VGA connector)

Calibration functions fine - temp changes and Luminance response curves are changeable and gamma settings also.

Using a Geforce Go 7300 GS, 100% EFI String configured (no NV Inject kext etc) on an Inspiron 6400

I had the problem of display calibration not working......

reinstalled the NVENABLER from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and repaired permissions....restart

It worked after that.....

Hope it helps

running Zotac 9500GT on HDMI, 10.6.2

• 2 weeks later...