Signature Length complaint

12 posts in this topic

OK, I have been a member of this forum for about a year, and have had a signature in place that has been longer than the 5 line max and never knew there was a max.

I never saw anything concerning signature rules. Was I really suppose to seek out a thread mentioning it when every post that I have seen has been telling people to make sure they have their hardware/software details in their signature?

Although my signature was no more than 10 lines (regular font/color), I had almost half my signature wiped without a warning! I can't remember exactly what else was there. This is an extremely lousy way to handle things

Thought I should offer my feedback.

OK, I have been a member of this forum for about a year, and have had a signature in place that has been longer than the 5 line max and never knew there was a max.

I never saw anything concerning signature rules. Was I really suppose to seek out a thread mentioning it when every post that I have seen has been telling people to make sure they have their hardware/software details in their signature?

Although my signature was no more than 10 lines (regular font/color), I had almost half my signature wiped without a warning! I can't remember exactly what else was there. This is an extremely lousy way to handle things

Thought I should offer my feedback.

Do you think that having the brand of your Memory and other components matter to Mac OS X86?

Chipset, processor and graphics card are the important, even the amount of memory does not matter (of course there is low limit), maybe ethernet and wireless chipsets, if you really want to teel the world how wonderfull your RIG is make a post with all your components with photos and put a link in your signature.

Did you ever read the board rules or forum guidelines?

Did you read this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119536 other member already complained.

Having a long signature is just a bad habit of other boards (normally Hardware themed), and is just a show off.

Same here, part of my sig was deleted. I think it was 7 lines.

There are people who have got a lot more lines the they should. But hey, who am I ...

Count the number of moderators and Admins then the amount of members, we cannot review enforce everyone in one day, is a 24/7 job.

Um, I logged on today to find my sig had been edited. I DID know what the signature rule was, and as far as I was aware was within it's guidelines.

I guess what I am asking is, if you are going to edit it, why not send me a quick note to let me know what the issue with it was. If I believe it was within the guidelines, I will have to assume that my signatre being edited was a system error, and I should simply put it back, correct?

EDIT: I just noticed a white (read: hidden) hyperlink in my sig:

Please read and follow the Signature and Avatar Rules:

:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=16427

Might have been a bit easier to say "hey dude, sig was too long"

I would have liked to have someone be so polite as to inform me, actually my signature was smaller than yours is right now. So I am unsure why it was edited...oh well, complaining may prove futile so I will shut it now.

Um, I logged on today to find my sig had been edited. I DID know what the signature rule was, and as far as I was aware was within it's guidelines.

I guess what I am asking is, if you are going to edit it, why not send me a quick note to let me know what the issue with it was. If I believe it was within the guidelines, I will have to assume that my signatre being edited was a system error, and I should simply put it back, correct?

EDIT: I just noticed a white (read: hidden) hyperlink in my sig:

Please read and follow the Signature and Avatar Rules:

:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=16427

Might have been a bit easier to say "hey dude, sig was too long"

Some users don't read their Private Messages.

How we know who read and who doesn't.

Sorry but this more effective than PMing each big signature user.

Same here with the rude invisible text message in the sig. I would have liked a nice notice so I could save most of the stuff I typed.

If it is really your signature this is not the only place you may use it, if not is not a signature.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature

"A signature (from Latin signare, "sign") is a handwritten (and sometimes stylized) depiction of someone's name, nickname or even a simple "X" that a person writes on documents as a proof of identity and intent. The writer of a signature is a signatory. Like a handwritten signature, a signature work describes the work as readily identifying its creator."

Again, why do you guys want to put "EVERYTHING", even brands and memory timings, some even their DSL speeds.

i apparently had a slightly large signature so moderator XXp/tux kindly asked me to make it smaller and i did

thank you xxp/tux for just asking me instead of doing it for me :D

No problem:that's why we are here for :unsure:

...Count the number of moderators and Admins then the amount of members, we cannot review enforce everyone in one day, is a 24/7 job.

+1

This topic has gone on far too long.

Look guys, put yourselves in our shoes. Realise the fact that there are a lot of people here who have oversized signatures. Not everyone replies to private messages, and some of them don't even bother reading them. Granted, some people do - but that only leads to more problems: they either protest the Moderators decision, or take anywhere from 1 - 7 days to change it (and some don't even do that). The others end up posting on the forum about how they disagree with the rules and that their signature is fine compared to others who use the forum.

In my time here, of the people I have asked to shorten their signature, only a very small percentage have actually acted in a short time frame with no problems at all.

Putting all that aside, you should never publicly argue the decision of a Moderator/Admin. If any of you have problems, send a message to a Moderator or Admin.