PCGenUSBEHCI for latest AppleUSBPlatform (V327.4.0)

72 posts in this topic

My new PCGenUSBEHCI which really works a lot better than the old one since Apple didn't sit still fixing up some issues with USB.

Enjoy my contribution...

:smoke:

EDIT: Now full IOUSBFamily has been compiled + diffs for 315.4.1

Update: Now version 327.4.0 is available... :D

Update2: Fixed some minor issues...

IOUSBFamily.kext.zip

IOUSBFamily_327.4.0_AnV.patch.zip

The source is to big to post (24,3 MB zipped)

If you would like, I will make a diff patch that can be applied over Apple's stock IOUSBFamily-315.4.1 sources, but it will have to be done later cause within about 15 min. I have to go for a job interview.

It was my intention to release these anyway, knowledge to the people you know... ;)

This evening you will have them (take into account GMT+1 local Belgian time though).

My new PCGenUSBEHCI which really works a lot better than the old one since Apple didn't sit still fixing up some issues with USB.

Enjoy my contribution...

:(

Can you explain what exact main issues with USB are ?

- complete non working USB

or

- some problems but USB working most times (please tell some of the main)

I have USB working but a lots of warings/errors in system.log about USB at boottime and some in use.

But my USB printer , mouse, keyboard working 100%.

Is your great work an fix for those error messages in systemlog,

or "must" i have an complete nonworking USB to get an "boost" by using that new kext ?

I think may questions may interest others to.

First of all: I DON'T RELEASE VIRUS SOFTWARE, I'M NOT A CRACKER!!! ;)

Second: I will release the sources this evening, examine them for yourself if you like.

I assure you they are fully the same as the ones I use...

I really don't like to be accused like this... how would you feel if you did some work and they accuse you like this while there is absolute NOTHING WRONG with your driver.

Go figure....

First of all: I DON'T RELEASE VIRUS SOFTWARE, I'M NOT A CRACKER!!! :)

Second: I will release the sources this evening, examine them for yourself if you like.

I assure you they are fully the same as the ones I use...

I really don't like to be accused like this... how would you feel if you did some work and they accuse you like this while there is absolute NOTHING WRONG with your driver.

Go figure....

Poor guy trying to help and now accused of trying to spread some backdoor or so , he already said he would post a diff so ppl can patch it if they don't trust this .

Also on the other "fix" he provided the source code ... so stop trolling ;)

Thanks for your work Andy and ignore the trolling , also can you explain what does your version fix when you have the time ?

hello, pardon my ignorance but how can I know if I have problems with USB bus and the vanillia kext ( only with console , syst logs ?)

and second question ( if the answer is yes for the first ), can I load your kext in the Boot EFI partition ?

thanks for your work

fred

Poor guy trying to help and now accused of trying to spread some backdoor or so , he already said he would post a diff so ppl can patch it if they don't trust this .

Also on the other "fix" he provided the source code ... so stop trolling :wacko:

Thanks for your work Andy and ignore the trolling , also can you explain what does your version fix when you have the time ?

Agreed, plz ignore the accusations and provide more details.

I think the source of the problem comes from the short initial description. It's not exactly clear what this kext brings to the picture when compared to the previous version....

Sorry to keep you guys waiting.

I've been busy upgrading a friends AMD Athlon 64 hackintosh after the job interview.

As promised: the diffs.

What this little patch does is the following: It will enable hard BIOS reset and will thus enable faster booting (in general) and better steering for the USB EHCI bus.

The rest of the patches are some little fixes qua casting.

It actually does exactly the same as orByte's sources but with a few differences...

- It is patch made for V315.4.1.

- I use AbsoluteTime or AbsoluteTime * instead of uint64_t of uint64_t *.

As for the last question.

These things merely improve USB 2 and it shouldn't be a problem to use this kext under IOUSBFamily.kext's plugins nor in a EFI booter that uses this kext in it.

Just replace AppleUSBEHCI.kext with PCGenUSBEHCI.kext.

Enjoy...

IOUSBFamily_PCGen_315.4.1.patch.zip

Hi, thanks for that work.

How can i try that / install that ?

Does kextlaod working for temporäry tests without modd of my system ?

I use non modded (orig.) IOUSBFam.. kext with all that plugins below.

usb.jpg

Could you provide me with the dump + backtrace logs please?

I will see why this is since I've been succesfully using it on 3 PC's without problems.

Also please note this has been compiled with the kernel headers of Darwin 9.5.0.

So could you also give me your OS version + kernel version please?

I'll try to help.

To install this kext do the following using a terminal:

-- starts here --

sudo cp -Rf Path_To_Kext/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext /Backup_Path/

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo sync

-- ends here --

reboot system, should work.

Should it not work boot with following boot flags:

-v -s

and type:

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

mv /Backup_Path/AppleUSBEHCI.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/

rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

reboot

That will restore the previous AppleUSBEHCI.kext

Hi, thanks for that work.

How can i try that / install that ?

Does kextlaod working for temporäry tests without modd of my system ?

I use non modded (orig.) IOUSBFam.. kext with all that plugins below.

-- starts here --

sudo cp -Rf Path_To_Kext/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/PCGenUSBEHCI.kext

sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/AppleUSBEHCI.kext /Backup_Path/

sudo sync

-- ends here --

-v -s

and type:

mv /Backup_Path/AppleUSBEHCI.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Plugins/

reboot

Could you provide me with the dump + backtrace logs please?

I will see why this is since I've been succesfully using it on 3 PC's without problems.

Also please note this has been compiled with the kernel headers of Darwin 9.5.0.

So could you also give me your OS version + kernel version please?

I'll try to help.

-- starts here --

sudo sync

-- ends here --

-v -s

and type:

reboot

-- starts here --

sudo sync

-- ends here --

-v -s

and type:

reboot

Thanks for detailed install info !

I think that over the scope value its used with higher priority as the kexts already installed and now used - am i right ?

am running a retail 10.5.5 install. vanilla kernel . chameleon loader.

ive removed AppleUSBEHCI.kext from the plugins folder, and installed your kext in the plugins folder with the correct permissions set.

could you temporarily provide me with the AppleUSBEHCI unmodified kext in a .tar with the correct permissions since am in windows and i cant access my mac install?

Thanks for detailed install info !

I think that over the scope value its used with higher priority as the kexts already installed and now used - am i right ?

Well, if you followed my little tutorial you can verify it by clicking the apple in the finder, next about this mac, more info next, go to extensions, verify AppleUSBEHCI isn't there, look for PCGenUSBEHCI, click on it and verify the rest...

ive removed AppleUSBEHCI.kext from the plugins folder, and installed your kext in the plugins folder with the correct permissions set.

could you temporarily provide me with the AppleUSBEHCI unmodified kext in a .tar with the correct permissions since am in windows and i cant access my mac install?

I don't have one around for the moment but I will get one from my 10.5.4 update since that should be the one containing the correct kext.

Note: My patched code can be turned off by editing Info.plist and setting alwaysHardBIOSReset to </false> with a text editor, should then also work just like the original AppleUSBEHCI

here

I'm interested to know if this usb driver supports sleep better than the current one? On my machine using the old driver, my usb hard drive throw errors when resuming about not being unmounted properly and that data loss could have occurred.

Well I am quite happy with my Vanilla USB driver... not sure how this one will improve satisfaction...

LAZY GUYS! :(:):P:):D:(

Ill try it when i will have free time, but im curious to know how this new kext toy wrks... if really better then apple one... because im using some audio usb devices.... and midi... i dont want to {censored} up my system...