NVIDIA Powered MacBooks on October 14th?

Envying

15 posts in this topic

I have huge doubts that Apple will do a chipset overhaul. They are the last company that does drastic changes in product lineup (in fact, the only really big one I remember was the PPC >> x86 switch). They aren't like HP where they jump between Intel/AMD every fiscal quarter.

Partnership of HP is not very strong at this moment. They swims between two waves... and financial quarter to another!

Good job if Apple do this, and a great move to release Intel for better architecture. I hope so :D

I have huge doubts that Apple will do a chipset overhaul. They are the last company that does drastic changes in product lineup (in fact, the only really big one I remember was the PPC >> x86 switch). They aren't like HP where they jump between Intel/AMD every fiscal quarter.

Don't forget 68k -> PPC.

say this does happen? what does this mean for people using integrated nvidia graphics with shared memory? would these new macbooks be using shared memory graphics in keeping with the gma950 or a standalone nvidia card? and saying they did use shared memory nvidia cards, what would be the likelyhood of older shared cards such as the 6150 getting up and running with a few hacks?

Marc

say this does happen? what does this mean for people using integrated nvidia graphics with shared memory? would these new macbooks be using shared memory graphics in keeping with the gma950 or a standalone nvidia card? and saying they did use shared memory nvidia cards, what would be the likelyhood of older shared cards such as the 6150 getting up and running with a few hacks?

Marc

Its to replace GMA.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=118206&hl=

EDIT: The MCP7A-S looks pretty nice but I hope that doesn't mean Apple is going all nVidia.

• 2 months later...