[HOW TO] Patch AppleHDA - Knowledge Base

THe KiNG

392 posts in this topic

* 1x Headphones/speaker/line-out jack with S/PDIF support

* 1x Microphone-in jack

* 1x Line-in jack

That's all I need to know

ok.. tomorrow i'll get mandriva.. i havent mandriva.. because i adore SuSe.. and debian forks as well. but.. if it's necessary .. i'll do!

then.. i'll write you asap.. maybe tuesday.ok?

Just use the live cd/dvd version, no need to install it.

I have installed the THe KiNG Leopard HDAEnabler.kext and the AD1988b.HDA.FIX.kext on my Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus MOBO with the

Do you have also original AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions?

Dunno why you read half on what I write... :unsure:

Thanks for the Post..Tons of information.. here..I have my 1986A working. Both inputs and outputs. But I am sure, Mine is not completely correct, as system profiler still says Unknown!!. As of now happy things are working.

Some basic question

* What is the selector in the codec dump?

*Though Most tutorials talk about 3 nodes in Microphone. For me additionally I have two selectors coming in the path. As of now I am having 5 nodes and is working. Except for SPDIF (Which has only 2 nodes). Everything else have one or more selectors coming into Picture and thus the number of nodes increases. How Do I Cope with this situation?

* If I add PinConfig Data(Extracted from Linux) Put into HDA Enabler Info. I have issues with some of the devices not working(Mic not working!!)

Would Be great, if some one can answer these questions.

Do you have also original AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions?

Dunno why you read half on what I write... ;)

I did read...... but I do not presently have the 10.5.6 version of AppleHDA.kext only the AppleHDA.kext from OS X Retail 10.5.1 .....

CFBundleGetInfoString 1.4.0a22, Copyright Apple Inc. 2005-2007

CFBundleVersion 1.4.0a23.....

it does not work......I get no output and input devices under Sound in System Preferences......

UPDATE: With the 10.5.6 version of AppleHDA.kext installed, Mute works as stated by THe KiNG...... :)

post-200327-1237799679_thumb.png

post-200327-1237799692_thumb.png

post-200327-1237799703_thumb.png

good evening the king

the mandriva cd 2009 is working fine. is a good distro.. i'm very suprised that compiz desktop on kde4 works better than in kubuntu.

is more stable.. and fluid.

then: i've zipped all the asound folder..

in the folder there is a symbolic link called Intel that link to folder card0

the card0 contain the codec#0 important because contein the alc888 information..

ok. wow.. is a good distro.. but .. in the mandriva there's a guest login and a root user without passwd!!

hah

here you are.. mister.

good evening the king

Hi 2u2, :(

The dump is the same...so we have to deal with what have for now.

Here is the first test for you.

In zip you have all work files, to help you understand better what I did.

So this one should gave you:

Internal mic on switch with external mic -> jack1

LineIn ->jack2

Internal speakers on switch with HeadPhones ->jack3 Also on same jack is SpdifOut so if you have digital receiver to test digital out detection would be great.

Remember to install that kext with hdaenabler(original not one of those edited by some...) on /System/Library/Extensions, also original AppleHDA.kext is a must! Set proper permissions, remove the cache and reboot for test.

Good luck!

Here is the archive

Hi THe KiNG

Well it seems ALC 662 works just fine, except the situation in which it is combined with ICH6 chipset ( my situation - figures :D )

Even the tiger kext starts support from ICH7 above (Azalia starts support from ich6 above it seems - that's why it works). Dunno what's the link, but hey ... i tried (learned a few things along ... have to fix front headphone on my P5K now :D )

Thanks

ok.. let me explain my job

i've started with the 3rd safe usb clone mac

i've opened the 10.5.5 combo update.. extracted with pacifist the original applehda.kext

to have a backdoortest.. i did the same with 10.5.6 combo update

now i have 2 original applehda.kext

there are certainly a lot of differences between them.. to my poor eyes i see in the plugin a mickeydriver .. in the 10.5.6 that is not in the plugin fonder of the 10.5.5..

and because the 100% of applehda i saw in that forum they haven'y mickey driver in the plugin.. I decided to start testing with the original 10.5.5 hda!

ok .. i put your info.plist into the content of original applehda.kext

reset permissions on the target s/l/e of internal hdd.. the first mac.

put hdaenabler.. you say that this must be original..

in all of the osx retail/upgrade i didn't see hdaenabler.. then ..

i did a very deep search in the insanely mac forum.. there are a lot of applehdaenabler.kext.. most are in zip of audio testing driver of most of the soundcards..

but the very forst attachment is the one mentioned in wiki taruga.. but there are a lot of post that tell that the taruga wiki website is down..

the first topics that teach to use taruga hdaenabler instead of obsolete alcinject is that

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...112740&st=0

of 26 june 2008

and the link was

http://wiki.taruga.net/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=123

but the first post telling that taruga was down was.. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115522

on 23 july 2008..

than... what the hell ;)

taruga website was up for few months?

maybe I shall donate money for him???

then.. i consider june 2008 as the date from where picking hdaenabler..

I've compared 5 (is a number empiric) attachments.. since that date.. and they are without any differences!

ok

i've put adaenabler in hdd mac partition.. S/L/E with eset of permissions..

now I reboot.. tell you later

ugo

ok-.. booted

in kextstat i have

70 1 0x5107c000 0x17000 0x16000 com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (1.6.5fc3) <69 6 5 4 2>

71 0 0x51093000 0x4000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver (1.0.5) <70 6 5 4 2>

76 1 0x511d5000 0x7000 0x6000 com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (1.5.7a24) <6 5 4 2>

in prefpane audio.. i have all grey.. no sound..

and if I kextload -v -t I have

kextload: extension AppleHDA.kext/ appears to be loadable

kextload: loading extension AppleHDA.kext/

kextload: extension AppleHDA.kext/ has no executable

kextload: no memory?

kextload: start matching failed for AppleHDA.kext/

then.. :D no good!

now I try to apply in taruga your dump codec hex

--

past 2 hours..

ok i believe that I must not use newer original kext

after reading again most of the taruga topics.. and

this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=620512

i came back to original 10.5.2 applehda.kext

and taken original taruga hdaenabler from here

http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/Taruga/

now i do a reboot again

hi the king ;)

I almost succeded in building a perfect alc883 notebook codec but I've still got some issues.

First of all, I got rid of all the sound assertions except from this one on boot:

24/03/2009 18:17:29 kernel Sound assertion "0 == fMikeyDriver" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1063 goto handler

any ideas of where this could come from?

btw everything is working fine but I noticed some strange things:

1) Digital out works only when the laptop is connected to a power source. When I unplug the cable, the red light coming out of the jack turns off and the sound coming out from the internal speakers turns worse; also, digital out started working only when I injected some values in SMBIOSEnabler.kext... I really can't understand what this has to do with the audio.

2) The internal mic is recognized as external with the pinconfig I'm using (Connection: Unknown in system profiler). I found out that if I change it to A0 90 (like on real macbooks), instead of A0 00, the mic still works but the volume is dramatically low, even if I put it at its max under system preferences. I tried to increase the boost value without luck, I think this is a matter of the SoftwareDSP values. Btw, in this way the mic is shown as internal both under system profiler and in system preferences, but I still have that sound assertion on boot.

3) Today I managed to get the 'second mic' to work (I've got two built in mics on my laptop, one next to the keyboard and one next to the webcam, both referring to the same pins), however it looks like the noise reduction pretty much kills it, while I've got no problems with the other one. I think this is another issue regarding SoftwareDSP values.

4) I also found out that it doesn't matter if I use [8 35 25 / 9 34 24] or [9 34 25 / 8 35 24] for the mics, they work in both these configurations... this is not an issue but it sounds strange.

Here are my codecs, kext and patched dsdt: Archive.zip

To all the other users, here are some things I found out while making my tests:

1) If you can't get your internal mic working and you're pretty sure the pin configuration is right you can try to look at these things:

- MuteGPIO, look at the original applehda, find the layouts that are similar to yours and try different values from there. For example, my mic works with the mutegpio I'm using (1,342,242,840, the most common) but it doesn't with the king's one in his alc888 kext;

- Verbs: The first time I got my internal mic working, I made it by changing the verbs and pin configs to A0 after '71E' and 00 after '71F';

- SoftwareDSP (under layouts - mic): look at the original applehda and try to copy and paste from different layouts that are similar to yours.

2) To get rid of some sound assertions when you've already things working, look under your Pathmap, find those pins that have an Amp array and compare the values to the original applehda's ones, I had some differences and matching them solved two of my three remaining sound assertions on boot.

thank you in advance

Hi again.

I read Taruga guide posted on first page and it says you need:

[1] Input/Output Node

[2] Mixer

[3] Jack

So I'm not 100% on how to get this. Does this look correct?

Example:

EDIT: Added more:

Node 10: Stereo Digital [Mixer – ?] [Pin Out – 31]

Node 20: [Jack] [Fixed] Speaker at Int ATAPI [Mixer - 12] [Pin Out - 2]

Node 21: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Front [Mixer – 12] [Pin Out - 24]

Node 22: Speaker at Ext Rear [Mixer – 14] [Pin Out - 4]

Node 23: Speaker at Ext Rear [Mixer – 15] [Pin Out – 5]

Node 24: [Jack] Mic at Ext Front [Mixer – 38] [Pin Out - 37]

Node 25: Speaker at Ext Rear [Mixer – 38] [Pin Out – 37]

Node 26: [Jack] Line In at Ext Front [Mixer – 38] [Pin Out – 37]

Node 27: Speaker at Ext Rear [Mixer – 38] [Pin Out – 37]

Node 28: Speaker at Ext Rear [Mixer – 35?] [Pin Out – 8?]

Node 29: Speaker at Ext N/A [Mixer – 35?] [Pin Out – 8?]

Node 30: [Jack] SPDIF Out at Ext Front [Mixer – ?] [Pin Out – 6]

Node 31: Speaker at Ext Rear [Mixer – ?] [Pin Out – 10]

I also posted converted dump and codecgraph here.

ok.. let me explain my job

What I told you to do and what you did.... :P

Dunno wtf is so hard to do just what I said.

Just put my kext with hdaenabler(check first post @ the end) with original AppleHDA.kext in /s/l/e

DON'T TOUCH that damn original AppleHDA.kext!

I really don't understand why you guys take always the hard way instead easy way :rolleyes:

eehh?

you mean exactly?

---

Dunno wtf is so hard to do just what I said.

--> nooo you are so clear

--

Just put my kext with hdaenabler(check first post @ the end) with original AppleHDA.kext in /s/l/e

DON'T TOUCH that damn original AppleHDA.kext!

--

ahh ok i take your attachments.. right!! now

wait.. i'll update this post

obey my master..

ps.. escuse me.. but

I don't touch = leave original AppleHDA (the last system is 10.5.6.. ) and have your HDAEnabler (i saw it=ok)

and put your recent mod you made for me??

the consequent.. is .. when i put your ACER5930g_ALC888ST.kext I have original applehda + ACER5930g_ALC888ST.. and hdaenabler..ok?

i did a terrible confusion.. and the brain is hot. sorry.. really!!

i do the last.. test for this day.. reboot.. see you tomorrow

thanks.. for all

reboot.. with -f -v

1st group of errors:

Mar 24 23:53:54 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1327 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:53:54 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 127 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:53:54 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1327 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:53:54 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 127 goto Exit

2st group of errors:

Mar 24 23:54:03 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fMikeyDriver" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1063 goto handler

Mar 24 23:54:03 webcare /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[53]: Login Window Application Started -- Threaded auth

Mar 24 23:54:03 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!vRefArgumentIsSupported" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1509 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:03 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAFunctionGroupExternalControl_VirtualGPO.cpp" at line 88 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:05 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != fAudioFunctionGroup->setExternalControlForDefaultDeviceTypeAndTag ( true, defaultDeviceType, pinUnsolicitedTag )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAPathSet.cpp" at line 86 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:05 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!pathSet->initPathSetFromXML ( pathSet_aArrayOfPathArrays, fHDAFunctionGroup )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 789 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:05 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7039 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:05 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != buildPathSets ( pathGroupArray )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 196 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:05 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1366 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:05 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 127 goto Exit

3rd group of errors:

Mar 24 23:54:16 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fMikeyDriver" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1063 goto handler

Mar 24 23:54:16 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!vRefArgumentIsSupported" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1509 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:16 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAFunctionGroupExternalControl_VirtualGPO.cpp" at line 88 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:17 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != fAudioFunctionGroup->setExternalControlForDefaultDeviceTypeAndTag ( true, defaultDeviceType, pinUnsolicitedTag )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAPathSet.cpp" at line 86 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:17 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!pathSet->initPathSetFromXML ( pathSet_aArrayOfPathArrays, fHDAFunctionGroup )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 789 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:17 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7039 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:17 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != buildPathSets ( pathGroupArray )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 196 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:17 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1366 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:17 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 127 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:27 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fMikeyDriver" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1063 goto handler

Mar 24 23:54:27 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!vRefArgumentIsSupported" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1509 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:27 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAFunctionGroupExternalControl_VirtualGPO.cpp" at line 88 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:27 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != fAudioFunctionGroup->setExternalControlForDefaultDeviceTypeAndTag ( true, defaultDeviceType, pinUnsolicitedTag )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAPathSet.cpp" at line 86 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:27 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!pathSet->initPathSetFromXML ( pathSet_aArrayOfPathArrays, fHDAFunctionGroup )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 789 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:27 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 7039 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:27 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != buildPathSets ( pathGroupArray )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 196 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:27 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1366 goto Exit

Mar 24 23:54:27 webcare kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-162.1.37/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 127 goto Exit

let me say

i've booted with newer kext

but i've got 3 kernel panics.. I think it can be due to the newer anv 1.4 vanilla.. i'm using it from 2 weeks.. without problems.

then.. for the reason that i deployed the 10.5.6 upgrade.. and it contain applehda that I'm using with those erorrs in consolle.. and Ioaudiofamily also belong to the 10.5.6 upg too.

then.. where is the problem?

and how your kext fails to load .. saying that he doesn't contain any executable!!

because.. aren't legacy kext without executables?? and they are right.. .so why don't yours???

sob.. this evening.. i'll try again with those steps:

because i have all the upgrade apple.. i will put original untouched applehda 10.5.2.. (that have the top rank in this forum :)) applehda 10.5.5..

and the second step is to repeat all those steps with your 2 acerblablabla.kext and with a voodoo 9.5 xnu kernel.

ok?

ah.. believe me.. i'm not mother language english.. altough I'm both Italian and Astralian!!

then it's so easy to do mistakes when I'm trying to apply your precious info!!

bye

Is there an agreement on what to do with 71d Misc values that are >1 ?

I've come across a couple of codec dumps that have alternate values such as 6, 8, and c in that field.

I can guess what to do but I'm trying to help automate the verb conversion process with a script.

Sample:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verbs from Linux Codec Dump
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Codec: Realtek ALC1200
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0888
Subsystem Id: 0x104382fe
Revision Id: 0x100101

Jack   Color  Description				  Node	 PinDefault				 Verbs
 ATAPI Unknown  SPDIF Out at Int ATAPI	  17 0x11   0x99430140   01171c40 01171d01 01171e43 01171f99
1/8   Green  Line Out at Ext Rear		20 0x14   0x01014010   01471c10 01471d40 01471e01 01471f01
1/8   Black  Line Out at Ext Rear		21 0x15   0x01011012   01571c10 01571d10 01571e01 01571f01
1/8  Orange  Line Out at Ext Rear		22 0x16   0x01016011   01671c10 01671d60 01671e01 01671f01
1/8	Grey  Line Out at Ext Rear		23 0x17   0x01012014   01771c10 01771d20 01771e01 01771f01
1/8	Pink  Mic at Ext Rear			 24 0x18   0x01a19850   01871c50 01871d98 01871ea1 01871f01
1/8	Pink  Mic at Ext Front			25 0x19   0x02a19c60   01971c60 01971d9c 01971ea1 01971f02
1/8	Blue  Line In at Ext Rear		 26 0x1a   0x0181305f   01a71c50 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01
1/8   Green  HP Out at Ext Front		 27 0x1b   0x02214c20   01b71c20 01b71d4c 01b71e21 01b71f02
 ATAPI Unknown  CD at Int ATAPI			 28 0x1c   0x593301f0   01c71cf0 01c71d01 01c71e33 01c71f59
Optical   White  Speaker at Ext N/A		  29 0x1d   0x4015e601   01d71c00 01d71de6 01d71e15 01d71f40
Optical  Orange  SPDIF Out at Ext Rear	   30 0x1e   0x01456130   01e71c30 01e71d61 01e71e45 01e71f01
1/8   Black  Speaker at Ext Rear		 31 0x1f   0x411111f0   01f71cf0 01f71d11 01f71e11 01f71f41

I'm forcing Sequence to 0 and have the idea on what to do for port/location.

Just wanted to find out about these "high" values for Misc as they do cause assertion errors.

To all the other users, here are some things I found out while making my tests:

1) If you can't get your internal mic working and you're pretty sure the pin configuration is right you can try to look at these things:

- MuteGPIO, look at the original applehda, find the layouts that are similar to yours and try different values from there. For example, my mic works with the mutegpio I'm using (1,342,242,840, the most common) but it doesn't with the king's one in his alc888 kext;

- Verbs: The first time I got my internal mic working, I made it by changing the verbs and pin configs to A0 after '71E' and 00 after '71F';

- SoftwareDSP (under layouts - mic): look at the original applehda and try to copy and paste from different layouts that are similar to yours.

2) To get rid of some sound assertions when you've already things working, look under your Pathmap, find those pins that have an Amp array and compare the values to the original applehda's ones, I had some differences and matching them solved two of my three remaining sound assertions on boot.

thank you in advance

Hi coconup,

Thank you for the info. I also have ALC883 on my laptop, Acer Aspire 9420 (refer my signature) & it is working perfectly except Digital Out, because I don't have device to test it. Please refer to my previous post - #213.

Unfortunately I have some problem with my other laptop, Acer Aspire 3680 (also have ALC883 ;) ). I have some problem with my HP out where initially the audio did come out but after a minute or two it just mute. I have tried different combination of MuteGPIO for Headphone & IntSpeaker but still no luck. This what I have tried (I split Headphone & IntSpeaker so I can test it individually):-

Headphone --> MuteGPIO = 1342242840

IntSpeaker --> MuteGPIO = 0

Result: Internal speaker working. Headphone working initially but mute after that.

Headphone --> MuteGPIO = 0

IntSpeaker --> MuteGPIO = 1342242840

Result: Internal speaker working initially but mute after that. Headphone working.

Headphone --> MuteGPIO = 0

IntSpeaker --> MuteGPIO = 0

Result: Internal speaker working. Headphone working initially but mute after that.

Do you have any idea how to fix this? When I combine Headphone & IntSpeaker together (so that audio will auto switch between internal speaker & headphone), I will got either internal speaker or headphone mute depend on MuteGPIO I tried above.

This is my ConfigData (blue - changes that I did for Default Association, red - changes that I did for Sequence):-

01471c1f 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01 --> 01471c10 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01

01571c10 01571d01 01571e13 01571f99 --> 01571c20 01571d01 01571e13 01571f99

01671cf0 01671d11 01671e11 01671f41

01771cf0 01771d11 01771e11 01771f41

01871c30 01871d98 01871ea1 01871f01

01971c31 01971d01 01971ea3 01971f99 --> 01971c40 01971d01 01971ea3 01971f99

01a71c3f 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01 --> 01a71c50 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01

01b71cf0 01b71d11 01b71e11 01b71f41

01c71cf0 01c71d11 01c71e11 01c71f41

01d71cf0 01d71d11 01d71e11 01d71f41

01e71c20 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01 --> 01e71c60 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01

01f71cf0 01f71d11 01f71e11 01f71f41

final ConfigData:-

01471c10 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01 01571c20 01571d01 01571e13 01571f99 01671cf0 01671d11 01671e11 01671f41 01771cf0 01771d11 01771e11 01771f41 01871c30 01871d98 01871ea1 01871f01 01971c40 01971d01 01971ea3 01971f99 01a71c50 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01 01b71cf0 01b71d11 01b71e11 01b71f41 01c71cf0 01c71d11 01c71e11 01c71f41 01d71cf0 01d71d11 01d71e11 01d71f41 01e71c60 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01 01f71cf0 01f71d11 01f71e11 01f71f41

audioalc883laptop.th.jpg

kizwan

ok the king

i've started a tamtam with those users..

Oprof, Maxpaine, Paxx, Hasai, Pamelo, nobb1x, ido82, Andreoo

I started a new topic to create a team and realize the maximum effort to test your precious goods!!

ok.. except for what i wrote above.. my tests and homeworks for this evening..

i'm the ambassador for them.. to you

2 of them since yesterday have done the test with the first kext you gave us.. (one has 10.5.4 system)

but none (as me) has changed.. no icon in the top bar.. no sound.

bye

@ kizwan

try this one

01471c10 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01 01571c20 01571d01 01571e13 01571f00 01971c40 01971d01 01971ea0 01971f00 01a71c50 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01 01e71c60 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01

or this one

01471c10 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01 01571c20 01571d01 01571e13 01571f90 01971c40 01971d01 01971ea0 01971f90 01a71c50 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01 01e71c60 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01

all the other pins are useless btw.. and for the autoswitch check my kext's pathmap on the 3rd item.

also, do u have internal mic working right now?

well, the king, I managed to get the internal mic working and shown as internal.. but it seems like it sometimes dies and I have to go to system prefs / audio input, click on external mic and then back on internal mic.. in this way it starts to work again.. what could this depend from?

edit: yeah I did it! it was the mutegpio, I had 1342242840 under mic and 1342242841 under extmic, I just had to invert the values :)

still got that sound assertion, and it's related to the external mic I think..

here's my latest alc883 kext and dsdt: Archive.zip

edit 2: eheh just got rid of that sound assertion... I just turned the external mic into line in and it disappeared. no sound assertions at all now: ALC883.zip

01471c10 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01 01571c20 01571d01 01571e13 01571f00 01971c40 01971d01 01971ea0 01971f00 01a71c50 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01 01e71c60 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01

Internal speaker & headphone is working but headphone will mute after a minute or just a couple of seconds. Internal mic is not working but external mic is working. Internal mic will be listed as External Mic in Audio Preferences. That mean I will see two external mic.

or this one

01471c10 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01 01571c20 01571d01 01571e13 01571f90 01971c40 01971d01 01971ea0 01971f90 01a71c50 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01 01e71c60 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01

Internal speaker & headphone is working but headphone will mute after a minute or just a couple of seconds. Internal mic is not working but external mic is working.

I noticed that you did not include pin config for my external mic:-

External mic is not listed in System Profiler but Line In is. I don't know why external mic is working though. :(

I think I need to list again the useful pin config again:-

Node 0x14 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out

Pin Default 0x01 21 10 1f: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Rear

01471c1f 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01

Node 0x15 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out

Pin Default 0x99 13 01 10: [Fixed] Speaker at Int ATAPI

01571c10 01571d01 01571e13 01571f99

Node 0x18 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out

Pin Default 0x01 a1 98 30: [Jack] Mic at Ext Rear

Node 0x19 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out

Pin Default 0x99 a3 01 31: [Fixed] Mic at Int ATAPI

01971c31 01971d01 01971ea3 01971f99

Node 0x1a [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out

Pin Default 0x01 81 30 3f: [Jack] Line In at Ext Rear

01a71c3f 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01

Node 0x1e [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400300: Mono Digital

Pin Default 0x01 45 11 20: [Jack] SPDIF Out at Ext Rear

01e71c20 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01

next:-

01471c1f 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01 --> 01471c10 01471d10 01471e21 01471f01

01571c10 01571d01 01571e13 01571f99 --> 01571c20 01571d01 01571e13 01571f99

01971c31 01971d01 01971ea3 01971f99 --> 01971c40 01971d01 01971ea3 01971f99

01a71c3f 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01 --> 01a71c50 01a71d30 01a71e81 01a71f01

01e71c20 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01 --> 01e71c60 01e71d11 01e71e45 01e71f01

Let me know if you have any idea. I will try to compare my kext & yours.

kizwan

well, the king, I managed to get the internal mic working and shown as internal.. but it seems like it sometimes dies and I have to go to system prefs / audio input, click on external mic and then back on internal mic.. in this way it starts to work again.. what could this depend from?

This is what actually happen to me but it happen to my internal speaker & headphone.

edit: yeah I did it! it was the mutegpio, I had 1342242840 under mic and 1342242841 under extmic, I just had to invert the values :P

You mean that you just switch the mutegpio value between them?

kizwan

ok the king

i've started a tamtam with those users..

Oprof, Maxpaine, Paxx, Hasai, Pamelo, nobb1x, ido82, Andreoo

-----

Waiting for results...

BTW I really don't understand why are you using custom kernel, what is wrong with original one?

You should know that I use only retail installs for tests with only enabler kexts(like those u test) on /Extra/Extensions.mkext or for quick test until is done for good on /System/Library/Extensions. Custom stuff can borke what are we try to fix...

Ahh I will say again DON'T kextload my kexts! also don't kextload applehda.kext some KernelEXTensions like AppleHDA.kext needs to be on /S/L/E b/c of dependencies and to be loaded on boot process otherwise they will not load/work.

So please STOP this kextload madness!

IMHO don't use any of AnV "work" use original not fake one with just the name changed by a stupid kid who wants glory...

@ For those who deal with MuteGPIO and mic stuff, the example is in my laptop kext and is taken from original one, I didnt reinvented it, its all in applehda.kext plists!

Some n00bs needs every little step explained even is in that damn guide with also references to the books, but who wants to read them? None!

Better to loose time and ask over and over the same damn thing :P

About MuteGPIO tmongkol figured out how to calculate it based on NID (NodeID for n00bs) and if you don't know what VREF to use look on codecdump

on that NID. My advice try first that one from dump if still is not good try the rest.

igvkur.jpg