MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso installed!

nordaaa

127 posts in this topic

Hey all quick question here... Ive got a SATA drive that has my main OS (winxp pro) on it, i have available a USB external drive and i could allways throw a IDE drive in there just to boot MacOS off? anyone ever installed it to a external drive? Is it even possible?

Also on a side note I got the DVD that the thread was started about but now im weary about trying to install it since im running a AMD64 3200+...... I did have the old tiger-x86 build running with Maxxuss SSE2 amd patch and all that jazz i just wanted to try out the new one. Should i even attempt it using this or no, and try to find the Myzar files..

Hey all quick question here... Ive got a SATA drive that has my main OS (winxp pro) on it, i have available a USB external drive and i could allways throw a IDE drive in there just to boot MacOS off? anyone ever installed it to a external drive? Is it even possible?

Also on a side note I got the DVD that the thread was started about but now im weary about trying to install it since im running a AMD64 3200+...... I did have the old tiger-x86 build running with Maxxuss SSE2 amd patch and all that jazz i just wanted to try out the new one. Should i even attempt it using this or no, and try to find the Myzar files..

My understanding is 2 fold.

1. You CANNOT install it on a USB drive.

2. AMD processor = the Myzar files.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas.

JT

{censored}, I wish I had read this thread before burning this torrent. Well I did but not entirely. The title of the torrent is quite misleading actually.

Just being curious, what makes it SIGSEGV on AMD's as it does not with myzar's iso?

{censored}, I wish I had read this thread before burning this torrent. Well I did but not entirely. The title of the torrent is quite misleading actually.

Just being curious, what makes it SIGSEGV on AMD's as it does not with myzar's iso?

ditto.. a dvd-r and 3 days of downloading for nothing.. :(

and the more i read the more i'm getting confused :blink: and frustrated :censored2:

so,

does Myzar's ISO/ files work with AMD cpus? (i have sse3)

if so, where can a meer mortal get this iso/files?

..if atall possible (i doubt) i'd love to have a patch for the ISO i've spent forever downloading, rather than downloading another 4GB :(

ditto.. a dvd-r and 3 days of downloading for nothing.. :(

and the more i read the more i'm getting confused :blink: and frustrated :censored2:

so,

..if atall possible (i doubt) i'd love to have a patch for the ISO i've spent forever downloading, rather than downloading another 4GB :(

Don't worry, well maybe you don't have a fast connection, but this torrent (well, depending on which you take at piratebay, there's two that's the same but one goes faster it seems) I started it at about 1pm and it's 8pm an almost completed (spent a few hours downloading at up to 300 kB/s, but when it's around 7pm my ISP slows all down)

And yeah so far it seems that it has to work for AMD's, if u read all posts in this thread it'll tell you so, just download it, you could care less about downloading 4 GB and wasting $1 on a DVD than looking for a patch that doesn't exist anyways

ditto.. a dvd-r and 3 days of downloading for nothing.. :)

and the more i read the more i'm getting confused ;) and frustrated :whistle:

so,

I second that. I'm a computer tech, I run my own shop here in Portland, and even I'm having trouble making heads or tales of whats up or down here.

Like I said before, we need a CLEAR THREAD about what works and where. Lets be honest about it, we're dealing with 3 different versions, (10.4.3, 10.4.4, and 10.4.5) and different patches for all of them and there are WAYYYYYYY TOO MANY VERSIONS floating around.

Too many guys on here act like l337 n00bs. You guys may have FIOS or super high speed connections that you can just go out and download another 4gbs like nothing, but not everyone does.

In that spirit, I'd say lets get things squared away. The information has gotten sloppy. Thats not good. A previous poster said that the Maxxuss instructions were not that clear and hard to follow. I'd have to agree. Too vauge in parts where it should be specific. Too many gaps, too many assumptions.

I would ask the Senior guys here among us to take a few days off and gather themselves and then comeback and help us sort this stuff out to date.

That'd be the best course for this.

JT

can this iso be installed in vmware and run within vmware? I do not want to run Mac OS natively, I would like to run it as a vm machine. Can I do the install and run it using this iso and will it install and run fine?

I've downloaded this torrent twice (both versions once) and have not been able to burn a successful copy. Every time I verify I get sector read errors and when I try to install, the disk check comes back stating that the DVD is bad. Any suggestions?

Mike

can this iso be installed in vmware and run within vmware? I do not want to run Mac OS natively, I would like to run it as a vm machine. Can I do the install and run it using this iso and will it install and run fine?

Yes it can. I did that actually. If you have trouble when using the ISO from VMware, as I did, mount the ISO in Alcohol or Daemon-tools and connect to the virtual drive in VMware

I've downloaded this torrent twice (both versions once) and have not been able to burn a successful copy. Every time I verify I get sector read errors and when I try to install, the disk check comes back stating that the DVD is bad. Any suggestions?

Mike

Maybe it's your media?

I've tried two different DVDs, one that's a cheap DVD+R and another that's a professional DVD-R from the studio I work at. Neither seem to work.

Is there a way to run the installer from OS X and install it on another hard drive from the mounted iso?

Don't worry, well maybe you don't have a fast connection, but this torrent (well, depending on which you take at piratebay, there's two that's the same but one goes faster it seems) I started it at about 1pm and it's 8pm an almost completed (spent a few hours downloading at up to 300 kB/s, but when it's around 7pm my ISP slows all down)

And yeah so far it seems that it has to work for AMD's, if u read all posts in this thread it'll tell you so, just download it, you could care less about downloading 4 GB and wasting $1 on a DVD than looking for a patch that doesn't exist anyways

i will assume u are talkign about the myzar one, and not the one with the title of this thread (as this one does *not* work with AMDs).

anyway, how do u get 'so fast' download? i have a 2Mbit connection, and when downloading a well-seeded torrent it can sustain ~230KB/s.. but this i'm getting ~30KB/s on :D

Which one of the following will be better for my configuration and will directly install on my system

unmodified via VMWare (on Physical Partition) like in the case of 10.4.3

1. 10.4.4/5 patched by Myzar

or

2 MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso

since i have limited bandwidth resources

so i can only download any one.

BTW my system specs are in my SIGNATURE.

thanx

Hello,

I've been running 10.3.8f1111 until a week ago, without any problem, when I decided to dl the ISO from Myzar (I think... It's the one with amd support, 10.4.5 update and Maxxuss ownage)

(please anyone tell me how maxxuss ownage is...)

I've deleted the volumes on my pata hd and created a new volume with the disk utility; installed the system (without maxxuss ownage), all fine.

When the system try to boot, after darwin, i get still waiting for root device... So can anybody tell me what's goin' on with my installation??? However I tried installing also disabling the 2 others striped hd on the nvidia sata but all the same error...

Ah... I can try to boot the system only from the chain0 file on the xp boot menu, if I try to boot directly from the pata hd the cursor blinks...

Thank you guys

(and sorry if i say some n00b questions)

Which one of the following will be better for my configuration and will directly install on my system

unmodified via VMWare (on Physical Partition) like in the case of 10.4.3

1. 10.4.4/5 patched by Myzar

or

2 MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso

since i have limited bandwidth resources

so i can only download any one.

BTW my system specs are in my SIGNATURE.

thanx

Definiatly Myzar.

I've also used this iso. But I've a problem.

Installation work perfectly well but after the restart it is said:

Searching for Boot Record from IDE-1... OK

Fehler beim laden des Betriebssystems

in English:

An Error occured while loading the System

What shall I do now?!

System Specs:

Intel P4A Northwood 2,5ghz

Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-8SIML

768mb DDR

MacOs installt on Maxtor Harddrive

Radeon 9500

I've just tried both DVDs, Myzar's and the Universal (Intel/AMD/SSE3/SSE2) one. Myzar's one definately seems more "fleshed out." For example, upon installing the Universal one, I needed to do a sudo chmod -R 755 on several kexts, particularly the AppleAC97Audio kext. Then I rebuilt the kextcaches and restarted. Next, I tried Disk Utility and noticed that some of the toolbar icons were missing. I figured this was probably an old version of disk utility included for the sole purpose of formatting drives that are bootable on a BIOS-based system. While logical, the only time someone would ever need this capability is during the installation of the OS. The Installer shouldn't actually install the old version. This is not an issue on the Myz DVD. Actually, I think Myz solved the problem a different way because I was able to format my HD and successfully boot from it, yet the Disk Utility application on the disc was the latest version. There's some other minor details missing from the Universal DVD, but these are the biggest ones so far.

My only gripe with the Myzar DVD is the fact that all the maxxuss kernel patches are enabled by default. Myz has said that the SSE3 emulator, although present, is smart enough to know when it's not needed. That's reassuring to know, but I'd still prefer the ability to choose for myself, which patches to apply(The Universal DVD allows this). Perhaps it's just psychological, but I don't like the idea of modding something to a greater extent than is necessary, especially the kernel, and especially since I only need the base patch. However, I'm willing to give Myzar the benifit of the doubt and declare his image as the best one out there. Unless you need AMD support, get the Myzar DVD.

I've just tried both DVDs, Myzar's and the Universal (Intel/AMD/SSE3/SSE2) one. Myzar's one definately seems more "flesed out." For example, upon installing the Universal one, I needed to do a sudo chmod -R 755 on several kexts, particularly the AppleAC97Audio kext. Then I rebuilt the kextcaches and restarted. Next, I tried Disk Utility and noticed that some of the toolbar icons were missing. I figured this was probably an old version of disk utility included for the sole purpose of formatting drives that are bootable on a BIOS-based system. While logical, the only time someone would ever need this capability is during the installation of the OS. The Installer shouldn't actually install the old version. This is not an issue on the Myz DVD. Actually, I think Myz solved the problem a different way because I was able to format my HD and successfully boot from it, yet the Disk Utility application on the disc was the latest version. There's some other minor details missing from the Universal DVD, but these are the biggest ones so far.

My only gripe with the Myzar DVD is the fact that all the maxxuss kernel patches are enabled by default. Myz has said that the SSE3 emulator, although present, is smart enough to know when it's not needed. That's reassuring to know, but I'd still prefer the ability to choose for myself, which patches to apply(The Universal DVD allows this). Perhaps it's just psychological, but I don't like the idea of modding something to a greater extent than is necessary, especially the kernel, and especially since I only need the base patch. However, I'm willing to give Myzar the benifit of the doubt and declare his image as the best one out there. Unless you need AMD support, get the Myzar DVD.

Thank you very much for that! I'll be now switching over from this image tothe Myzar one. Thanks!

i will assume u are talkign about the myzar one, and not the one with the title of this thread (as this one does *not* work with AMDs).

anyway, how do u get 'so fast' download? i have a 2Mbit connection, and when downloading a well-seeded torrent it can sustain ~230KB/s.. but this i'm getting ~30KB/s on :)

well, dunno what to tell you, yes it's about myzar's, but there's two different, well they're not different but their still different torrents. one is better seeded than the other