MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso installed!

nordaaa

127 posts in this topic

Can I be the first to recommend something?

Can we get a short, CLEAR sticky in the install forum of what installer ISO is needed for Intel and AMD?

Amen.

I've just tried both DVDs, Myzar's and the Universal (Intel/AMD/SSE3/SSE2) one... Unless you need AMD support, get the Myzar DVD.

Whoa, don't you mean "use the Myzar .iso if you have an AMD. Use either if you have an Intel?"

The impression that I got is that Myzar is THE .iso for AMD while the universal is actually Intel only.

Please correct me as required.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in here since I was able to install this release just fine on my system.

Abit IC7-G Mobo

Intel P4 2.8Ghz

1Gb RAM

Nvidia (eVGA) AGP 7800 GS CO

Installed on spare 10Gb PATA Seagate drive

On-board Intel LAN works fine. PS2 keyboard and mouse work. No sound as I use an external audio device and don't feel like switching cables to try the on-board audio (which should work). My only frustration so far is resolution. I've read through pages of threads discussing various techniques for getting the macvidia driver working, but I haven't had any luck yet (screen just goes black after the grey logo screen in normal and safe modes). I'm not really concerned about fancy graphics yet, but if anyone knows a reliable way to make higher resolutions available I'd be grateful!

Hi all and thanks for sharing your OSX86 experiences.

I have a question I wish people who succeeded in installing from the Universal .iso can answer :

I have one hard disk where I have XP installed. Do I have to create a new partition on the disk for MacOS? What File system? Primary/Logical? What tool? How can I have dual booting to keep using XP?

Thanks for your help, if possible, step by step.

Fdidoo

Amen.

Whoa, don't you mean "use the Myzar .iso if you have an AMD. Use either if you have an Intel?"

The impression that I got is that Myzar is THE .iso for AMD while the universal is actually Intel only.

Please correct me as required.

you're right

I have installed this using vmware, and now when i boot into it it tells me

the hardware configuration is not supported by darwin/osx86

I thought the patches were already on it to fix these things?

Im running an intel P4 3.06ghz.

Hello all,

I have a question about this installation DVD. (Universal, not Myzar)

I need to boot with -X flag, but I don't know how to do.

I read documentation and topicsbut it appears I could have some second to hit ENTER at Darwin boot loader. I tried without success.

I need to boot in -x mode because I broke my display settings :(

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Best regards from Belgium!

I've installed Osx86 with this ISO on my 939Dual.

I managed to move my install to SATA, so i'm very happy!

But About this mac shows that my CPU doesn't support SSE3, but it does! (Venice 3200+)

How to modify the kernel and disable the SSE2 patch in order to have SSE3 full support.

I didn't found any guides....

Thanks

MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso

installed on my ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe SSE2

maxtor attached to ICH5R SATA 1

Booted DVD

F8

mach_kernel.nonx: "supports SSE2 CPUs, does not require NX/XD CPU support"

Took forever to get to the installer screen

Luanch Disk Utilities

Formated Drive into two partitions

one for OSX one as DOS

after format back to OSX 10.4.5 installer

install to OSX drive.

OSX came up after long install ....

onboard 10/100/1000 NIC works fine, I have not tested sound

now to figure out how to get my ATI 850XT PE to get other resolutions

:-)

Happy Happy Joy Joy

graphics

graphic.jpg

ethernet

ethernet.jpg

firewire

firewire.jpg

Hey guys, alright so I installed 10.4.3 on my Dell PowerEdge 400SC (which now has 1GB of RAM, INtel Pentium 4 3.0GHz (only supports SSE2), and an ATI Radeon 9600), and it ran really slow because I couldn't figure out how to instrall any of hte "maxxus" patches. Well now I'm going to give it another go with this 10.4.5 installation, I'm downloading the Universal now. Is it really any different then the 10.4.3 instalation, and do I need to do any more patches to get it to run up to speed? Thanks guys

Hey guys, alright so I installed 10.4.3 on my Dell PowerEdge 400SC (which now has 1GB of RAM, INtel Pentium 4 3.0GHz (only supports SSE2), and an ATI Radeon 9600), and it ran really slow because I couldn't figure out how to instrall any of hte "maxxus" patches. Well now I'm going to give it another go with this 10.4.5 installation, I'm downloading the Universal now. Is it really any different then the 10.4.3 instalation, and do I need to do any more patches to get it to run up to speed? Thanks guys

soccerdude21490, TrentQ etc...

I also had tried to instal with the 10.4.3 DVD .... NO JOY :angry:

The MAC.OSX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso .... worked first try no VMware.

My Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard with 3.2 Ghz P4 is SSE2 only

Two SATA drives, XP on one drive OSX on other.

mach_kernel.nonx: "supports SSE2 CPUs, does not require NX/XD CPU support"

at the install I selected custom to bring up the options + patched with 10.4.5 update.

works great for me :)

Why doesn't this iso work for me? Why doesn't the myzar iso doesn't work also? Why doesn't any of the 4 GB isos I downloaded until now work? I did not try in vmware, but to boot directly from dvd.

My comp:

ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe

Pentium D 830

1GB RAM

Nvidia FX6600 128MB

One drive SATA 250 GB drive

One DVD Writer Plextor PX-708A

I have gone thru a 10.4.5 setup (using the ISO seeded / see title name ) but at final reboot I got a crash page.

post-34989-1145367556_thumb.jpeg

Something like ACPI problem ?

I am running a Dell Inspiron 9300 and tring to run it on a virtual independent persistent drive with 512MB.

Tried a bunch of switched on the darwin prompt without success any ideas ?

Rgs,

OZ

I installed using the universal....had no problems what-se-ever....this is just great :censored2:

I have P4 2.8

intel d915plwd

nvidia fx5200

768mb

80gb

it installed flawlessly without any intervention....Jobs needs to release as a stand-alone operating system

I installed using the universal....had no problems what-se-ever....this is just great :happymac:

I have P4 2.8

intel d915plwd

nvidia fx5200

768mb

80gb

it installed flawlessly without any intervention....Jobs needs to release as a stand-alone operating system

Mine is a Pentium M 2.0 (centrino) with i82801 & i915GM with GeForce Go 6800

It is a NX PAE SSE2 processor (Dothan) looking at the CPU supported features.

First step Install is fine, but after reboot I got an ACPI error (see previous page post)

I tried :

mach_kernel.sse2 -F -v platform=non-ACPI

Reboot screen (plus the fact I am not able to see the verbose mode anymore !!!)

Also tried :

mach_kernal.nonx platform=non-ACPI rd=discOs1

As suggested by a poster, but this is also failing with the "reboot grey screen".

So where did I miss somthing ?

:D so any help is very welcomed ;-)

Rgs,

OZ

well i guess i opened my mouth too soon as usual....now i am getting the dreaded root error? any suggestions...install went fine using wd800 ide hd? can't figure this one out...tried using vmware did not work? any help would be nice

Getting further on my test with this DVD, may exception is a panic with EIP 0x00192241 which according to some maxxuss notes looks like AppleSMBIOS ext is not there ?!?

I thought AppleSMBIOS was part of this DVD ? Can anybody confirm this point ?

Rgs,

OZ