InsanelyMac Forum
delux_www

Direct X for MacOSX

Advertisement

umm DX for mac? macs are openGL aren't they? I didn't know you could get DX in any form working on a mac, and how're you getting viruses on a mac?

You need windows to play windows games. You need mac to play mac games. End of story.... Why did you try mac, if you didn't know anything that simple? Or did you word the question wrong, because I take back everything that I said if that is the case. Mac games don't require DirectX. That's for Windows only as far as I know.

Low qualuty. I don't see the steps. I want to description, how to run CS without cutting the graphics. I try with OpenGL, DirectX, Software mode on Crossover but the graphics cutting. On Windows I haven't this problem.

Yo can anyone tell me where I can get Halo 2 for Mac. :), anyways its called Microsoft's DirectX, you can use parallels

It'll be GREAT if there's DirectX for Mac, I'll play may favorite games in Mac ;)

Highly unlikely even with crossover to get good playability for most games.

That is because they are windows games. Try dual booting for games...

Haven't other way?

I haven't installed WinBooz, but when I was installed I haven't this problem.

Just play crappy exe games in windows is the best way usually. That's life for now. Not long though......

Just play crappy exe games in windows is the best way usually. That's life for now. Not long though......

If I compile Wine, can I have this problems?

Some, but windows is the best solution weather in a Virtual Machine, or dual booted.

Some, but windows is the best solution weather in a Virtual Machine, or dual booted.

I will wait other people answer to my question, about I don't want M$ WinBooz on my computer.

Thanks!

There is absolutely no way to play a game designed for Windows on OS X without losing something. You're going to have to dual boot if you want to play it like it was designed

for games on mac:

native mac games? usually cant play online vs windows players and they are released later and all that...

using windows binaries:

parallels? only allocates 64megs of graphics memory max and directx 8.1 support max. crashes heaps and {censored}.

wine? no opengl support for wine on MacOS. bug with mac X11. they are working on it aparently.

crossover? has custom X11 that works, but uses old wine versions and is hard to customize. but does work sometimes :)!

-----

All of the above? involve mucking around and wasting time.

Best solution? I tried all of the above, and decided to put in another hdd and dual boot with windows. only solution that doesn't involve wasting tonnes of time.