My stolen iPhone story

nervouschimp

10 posts in this topic

you'd think that apple would want to be known as the company that gets customers' phones back to them..... 'was your expensive iphone stolen? we at apple will do everything we can to get it back into your hands. blah blah blah.' that's an ad that would pique my interest in buying apple's products.

instead, now the ad reads: "Did you pay out the wazoo for our hip, sleek and sexy iphone? Was it stolen in a robbery/ purse snatching? Tough luck. We're apple. We don't care. We don't have to." (h/t to lily tomlin)

That blows. Hard. When my iPhone arrives I'll be handcuffing it to myself and possibly start carrying pepper spray. It's a good thing the only real burglary problem where I live was with my cousin :(. I hope you end up finding it again.

I'm actually amazed by all the fanboy pricks over at macrumors. They seem like the kind smug apple worshippers that make all mac users look bad. If I was going to write fiction it would be way better than what actually happened.

Why didn't your friend give you the details? Why did your friend give the phone back? Why didn't she call the police? I know _NOBODY_ who'd be as stupid.

That is to say: I really am no Apple fanboy, I do not doubt that Apple could handle giving away personal details that restrictive, I just don't quite buy your story.

• 3 weeks later...
Why didn't your friend give you the details? Why did your friend give the phone back? Why didn't she call the police? I know _NOBODY_ who'd be as stupid.

That is to say: I really am no Apple fanboy, I do not doubt that Apple could handle giving away personal details that restrictive, I just don't quite buy your story.

Apple simply did not want to get involved in this case...no company does. The minute the employee gives the information to the police, the Apple legal team is on call to testify in court...they didn't want to go through that. Most likely, it was not the decision of the employee not to give the info, but the general manager instructing the employee not to, or the general manager dealing with it him/herself.