NVS 140M Quadro with Full CI/QE support SOLUTION!

Demthios

52 posts in this topic

Well I finally got this working right on my Dell. Here are my Laptop Specs

Dell Latitude D830

Bios: A11

Proc: T7500 2.2Ghz

Video: Nvidia Quadro 140M 256mb

Ram: 2gigs 667mhz

The process I used to get it working was with the iATKOS V4 DVD.

Under the Custom Options I choose:

The 2 Standard Default (The top to on the list)

Then the whole Stock Files

Next was the SMBIOS Nekat

And I used the Natit video driver off the install

When I booted into OSX this is what I got

Unknown nVidia:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0429

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

If you guys have any questions just let me know I'm trying to find the pic of v4 menu but I can't seem to find it again

once I do I'll edit it and highlight the ones I use to make this a bit more clear. Hopefully this works for everyone!

I'm a newbie at messing with Kext so nope I didn't edit anything. I have another friend here that has installed OSX to his D830 and it worked on his as well....I don't have the 570m otherwise I would try sorry....

Yeah sorry I can't be more help I'm fairly new at this all. Got a friend of mine sucked into it as well. Xbench haven't heard of that one yet will look it up tonight. I double checked those settings up there that I post tonight had to reload my machine again...Getting rid of the Vista partition and just going to run windows in VMware...So if there are any questions I'm trying my best to answer them....

Yeah sorry I can't be more help I'm fairly new at this all. Got a friend of mine sucked into it as well. Xbench haven't heard of that one yet will look it up tonight. I double checked those settings up there that I post tonight had to reload my machine again...Getting rid of the Vista partition and just going to run windows in VMware...So if there are any questions I'm trying my best to answer them....

Can you pls check in /System/Library/Exrensions/ then compress and attach Natit.kext and/or NVinject.kext if you find them?

Also /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist file.

Thx a lot.

Okay here are those to Files that you asked for kytzu...hope they help out.

Thx for files. Still not working on my T61 10.5.4 (kalyway at origin) and I'll install the version used by you from scratch. However this natit version probably has the most chanches to work in T61 as well.

hi!

I'm running a 10.5.4 (Kalway 10.5.1 + mysticus updates) on a Lenovo Thinkpad R61.

Quartz support is one of the most important features, that is still missing.

I've tried your Natit.kext, but after booting OSX says, that the Natit.kext isn't working.

Me and many others would really want that QE support for the NVS 140m.

If I can help somehow, just tell me what to do!

have a nice day!

hi!

I'm running a 10.5.4 (Kalway 10.5.1 + mysticus updates) on a Lenovo Thinkpad R61.

Quartz support is one of the most important features, that is still missing.

I've tried your Natit.kext, but after booting OSX says, that the Natit.kext isn't working.

Me and many others would really want that QE support for the NVS 140m.

If I can help somehow, just tell me what to do!

have a nice day!

if you get that message just open disk utility and run repair permissions or open a terminal and do:

sudo -s

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel Natit.kext

chmod -R 755 Natit.kext

After that reboot and you get either QI/CE enabled either a black screen. Good luck and pls post your result. If you get black screen, boot in single mode and delete Natit.kext or install macdrive in windows and delete Natit.kext

Doesn't work on my R61 either with the 140M.

I installed the iATKOS V4 DVD with the options you Demthios gave and get a black screen when I boot after the install.

I am new the osx86 scene but the video performance on the installer seems to work great.

did the natit driver can really working on the NVS 140M card?

i just checked the natit wiki page, and i found out the latest released version date was 2006. earlier than NVS 140M card released.

is that really working on Thinkpad T61 graphic card

I think that this solution maybe works for Dell Latitude D830( with NVS 140M Quadro ) but its not woking for thinkpads-R61 or T61 with the same video card.May be becouse have a difference between bios of the cards...

ugh im getting sick of no qe and ci with the 140m for thinkpads. i need it now.

sooner or later we'll have it, the blocking point is that card is not well detected by darwin, maybe later versions will see it correctly.