[How To] Create bootable USB with BOOT-132 loader

107 posts in this topic

followed steps on first page.

but stuck at something like "boot.plist not found".

it didnt show darwin prompt.

all files are copied from BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso to this usb disk.

but it can prompts when boot from cd burned with BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso

help please?

err.mpgis a recorded during boot

Is there any way to boot a Leopard Installation DVD with this method?

I can boot from the USB Stick, but if I choose the drive "9F" (which corresponds to the DVD Drive) nothing happens.

Look there really are much easier ways these days to (a) get a bootloader on a USB stick AND ( b ) get it to boot a retail DVD.

Just download Boot Think 2 and run the installer package it comes wrapped up in making the USB stick your destination drive - job done, end of story (it's basically Boot 132 in any case, just a bit more recent and with a GUI and some extras).

This thread is a year old now and things have moved on. Check out some more recent threads..........

Look there really are much easier ways these days to (a) get a bootloader on a USB stick AND ( b ) get it to boot a retail DVD.

Just download Boot Think 2 and run the installer package it comes wrapped up in making the USB stick your destination drive - job done, end of story (it's basically Boot 132 in any case, just a bit more recent and with a GUI and some extras).

This thread is a year old now and things have moved on. Check out some more recent threads..........

Boot Think 2 messes with the HD bootsector, and that's not what I want.

I just want an app to boot my Retail DVD. Boot-132 works, but if I put it in an USB stick, it won't detect my DVD drive.

Boot Think 2 messes with the HD bootsector, and that's not what I want.

I just want an app to boot my Retail DVD. Boot-132 works, but if I put it in an USB stick, it won't detect my DVD drive.

No. I meant you can use the Boot Think package to install directly to the USB thumb drive!!! Follow the installer and in the "Select Location" panel choose the USB stick.

It works as advertised. I too do not want to mess with boot sectors.....

• 3 months later...
followed steps on first page.

but stuck at something like "boot.plist not found".

it didnt show darwin prompt.

all files are copied from BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso to this usb disk.

but it can prompts when boot from cd burned with BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso

help please?

err.mpgis a recorded during boot

Bump...I'm having the same problem and I can't seem to find any solution. Has anyone solved this? Thanks.

• 4 months later...