AppleACPIPS2Nub for Leopard only

163 posts in this topic

- I try to enable one tap clicking by going to the System Preferences and Mouse/Keyboard, but there isn't an option for the trackpad.

System Preferences -> Keyboard&Mouse has the TrackPad option available

IF you are running 10.5.5 or earlier AND you have the correct version for your machine of

ApplePS2Controller.kext AND there is no PS2Nub conflict.

There are loose AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext being offered around,

and there are AppleACPIPlatform.kext which contain the PS2Nub inside as a plugin.

Everybody should use the -v boot option to see kexts being loaded or

error msgs from conflicts or wrong versions.

If you upgrade to 10.5.6 there is a set of 10.5.6-ready PS2 kexts on the forum

which will allow you to regain PS2 keyboard and trackpad, and any trackpad

settings from 10.5.5 will stick, but, 10.5.6 has a new Trackpad.prefPane which

is not yet AFAIK accessible for OSX86. It's there in /System/Library/PreferencePanes/

but it doesn't load because one or more of the PS2 kexts needs updating for us.

Sorry I don't have the programmer chops to fix it...

Ah, that makes sense. The Macbook I helped update the other day now has that preference pane as well, I hope we can get in there sometime soon! Thank you. I wish I would have known to update to 10.5.5 first, then I could have set the option before updating to 10.5.6.

Thank you for your input!

EDIT: I'm wondering where the config file is to manually edit it is? I'm going to do some snooping. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

has anyone gotten this patch to work with a amd dv6000? ive tried both of the nub files with no luck =( ive also read the big dv6000 thread and havent had much luck at all with booting with usb mouse and or keyboard. while booting with the usb mouse the internal touchpad/keyboard worked during installation, but never worked again after install.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Chun-Nan

I could install PS2Nub but after installed PS2Controller, boot will be slow down and also keyboard&touchpad sometimes work. If I remove PS2Controller, it will be fast as normal.

This is my ioreg. Is there something strange here?

| +-o KBC0 <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>

| | | {

| | | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")

| | | "name" = <"PNP0303">

| | | "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=96,"length"=1}),({"address"=100,"length"=1}))

| | | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0100000000000000>)

| | | "_STA" = 15

| | | }

| | |

| | +-o ps2controller <class AppleACPIPS2Nub, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>

| | {

| | "IOProviderClass" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice"

| | "IOProbeScore" = 0

| | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0","io-apic-0")

| | "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub"

| | "MouseNameMatch" = ("PNP0F03","PNP0F0B","PNP0F0E","PNP0F13")

| | "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"

| | "IONameMatched" = "PNP0303"

| | "IOClass" = "AppleACPIPS2Nub"

| | "IONameMatch" = ("PNP0303","PNP030B")

| | "IOPowerManagement" = {"CurrentPowerState"=1}

| | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0100000000000000>,<0c00000000000000>)

| | }

| |

| +-o MSE0 <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>

| | | {

| | | "compatible" = <"SYN0100","SYN0002","PNP0F13">

| | | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")

| | | "name" = <"SYN0129">

| | | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0c00000000000000>)

| | | "_STA" = 15

| | | }

| | |

| | +-o ps2controller <class AppleACPIPS2Nub, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>

| | {

| | "IOProviderClass" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice"

| | "IOProbeScore" = 0

| | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0","io-apic-0")

| | "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub"

| | "MouseNameMatch" = ("PNP0F03","PNP0F0B","PNP0F0E","PNP0F13")

| | "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"

| | "IONameMatched" = "PNP0303"

| | "IOClass" = "AppleACPIPS2Nub"

| | "IONameMatch" = ("PNP0303","PNP030B")

| | "IOPowerManagement" = {"CurrentPowerState"=1}

| | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0100000000000000>,<0c00000000000000>)

| | }

| |

Hello Chun-nan.

Currently I dont install any PS2Nub and PS2Controller. Obviously I can't use any built-in keyboard and trackpad. Im using external keyboard & mouse.

Next: Immediately after I pressed 1 key on my keyboard (without PS2Nub and PS2Controller), 1 CPU will be busy, system slow down and lag & delay.

I think there is smt related to ACPI or DSDT in this...*Headache*

hi!

i need help!

i have install ipc OSx86 today on my MSI GX600 and i my keyboard isn't working, and wirelles, graphic card, touchpad, sound.

can anyone help me, pleas!

Wireless: Intel 4965AGN Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)

Graphics: 512MB DDR2 NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Sound: Realtek High definition audio

if anyone pleas can explain me what to do with this files posted on first page in attachments so i can try firs with them, pleas i'm first time using mac!

thanks!!

Hey everyone,

Thanks to ~Eureka for this patch! I have to ask one question - I try to enable one tap clicking by going to the System Preferences and Mouse/Keyboard, but there isn't an option for the trackpad. Any way to enable this or force this? Thanks again!

Getintothegame

Hi Getintothegame,

If you are using 10.5.6 & you still don't have access to the trackpad preference at the System Preferences, please visit my blog (link is at my signature).

Good luck. :)

kizwan

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this thread is somewhat dead by now but I would like to know how those who were having problems with their hp dv6000/dv9000 laptops made out. As an owner of an HP DV9010CA I too am unable to use my laptops keyboard and touchpad unless I connect a USB keyboard and mouse to the laptop while it is booting. Has anyone found a solution to this issue? This is one of the last remaining problems I have with OSX86 and would appreciate any help on the subject. I am currently running OSX 10.5.6 (iPC Distro v 1.4) with the Voodoo 9.5.0 Kernel. I have tried nearly every ApplePS2Controller/AppleACPIPS2Nub kext file located or referenced in this 7 page thread with no luck. Thanks for the help!

I realize this thread is somewhat dead by now but I would like to know how those who were having problems with their hp dv6000/dv9000 laptops made out. As an owner of an HP DV9010CA I too am unable to use my laptops keyboard and touchpad unless I connect a USB keyboard and mouse to the laptop while it is booting. Has anyone found a solution to this issue? This is one of the last remaining problems I have with OSX86 and would appreciate any help on the subject. I am currently running OSX 10.5.6 (iPC Distro v 1.4) with the Voodoo 9.5.0 Kernel. I have tried nearly every ApplePS2Controller/AppleACPIPS2Nub kext file located or referenced in this 7 page thread with no luck. Thanks for the help!

So, the PS2 driver included with iPC 10.5.6 cannot make your keyboard working too?

So, the PS2 driver included with iPC 10.5.6 cannot make your keyboard working too?

Correct, the kexts from the latest iPC/the kexts available in this thread cannot get the keyboard and touchpad to work on their own without having to plug in a USB mouse first. This problem seems common with most HP DV6000 and DV9000 laptops with OSX85 installed. Has anyone got this to work/be able to help us DV6000 and DV9000 users get our keyboards and touchpads working without having to plug in a USB keyboard and mouse for them to be recognized?

one question, work with AppleACPI retail ?

Possibly, I've only tried the kexts available from the forums and the distros thus far so I'm assuming these were all patched kexts and not the retail version but I could be wrong.

Correct, the kexts from the latest iPC/the kexts available in this thread cannot get the keyboard and touchpad to work on their own without having to plug in a USB mouse first. This problem seems common with most HP DV6000 and DV9000 laptops with OSX85 installed. Has anyone got this to work/be able to help us DV6000 and DV9000 users get our keyboards and touchpads working without having to plug in a USB keyboard and mouse for them to be recognized?

Have you try kext posted over here? It have three different kexts for you to test. Try ANSI first.

Good luck. :huh:

kizwan

Hi OSX86GURU.

As my experience, I think the problem is in AppleACPIPlatform. PS2Nub and PS2Controller itself dont have any mistake. I read the code myself.

But the thing is sometimes my keyboard and trackpad work. I hate this. Dont have any clue to research on.

Have you try kext posted over here? It have three different kexts for you to test. Try ANSI first.

Good luck. :)

kizwan

Hi thanks for the response but unfortunately I've already tried those kexts. Appreciate the help though.

Hi OSX86GURU.

As my experience, I think the problem is in AppleACPIPlatform. PS2Nub and PS2Controller itself dont have any mistake. I read the code myself.

But the thing is sometimes my keyboard and trackpad work. I hate this. Dont have any clue to research on.

I think you're right on this, I've tried a wide variety of PS2 kexts with no luck and I'm starting to think too that there is something wrong with the AppleACPIPlatform. As for now I think I'll revert back to windows on my machine and wait to install OSX86 when there is greater compatibility. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Need help with keyboard and touchpad on a gateway P-6860FX laptop...

http://support.gateway.com/support/srt/doc...n=P248391014870

I cant get it to work. Probably im doing something wrong.

ACPI\PNP0303\4&19C9D98C&0 keyboard

ACPI\SYN0302\4&19C9D98C&0 touchpad

I tried some of the files here with no luck.

Installed:

appleps2controller 1.1.0, and one of the ACPIPS2Nub files.

I have follewed some of the steps here, but some i was not able to because i do not know all the terminal commands yet.

Using osx86tools to install kext.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Note: I'm new to OSX 10.5.6, so if possible please explain the hard steps to me.

I can provide all the info you need. Unless i need another program or a command to get it.

Please let me know what it is so i can get the info you need.

Thank you in advance,

Roman

lspci.txt

OK, I got it to work by changing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Current problems.

When selecting Change Keyboard type in settings.

You get the press key next to left shift and next to right shift.

Error:

Your keyboard cannot be identified.

You have pressed a key on your Apple keyboard. Please press the keys on the keyboard that can't be identified.

But typing all keys work. haven't found one that does not work or sends a different key.

For mouse, its extremely fast. 2mm on touch pad moves pointer from one end to the next. this is with all settings set to the lowest.

I'm including the files I used to make it work. hopefully there is some king of a work around to get it back to normal speed.

EDIT:

Files:

Archive.zip is the files I used to get it to work (KEXT)

romansans-p-6860fx is the ioreg_sp.txt file

Please If you can. Let me know what it could thats causing the error message and the Mouse behavior.

Archive.zip

romansans_p_6860fx.txt