Intel GMA 3100 QE/CI

Savvy224

32 posts in this topic

Is there a way to get QE/CI working, I've searched all over the net and this forum, but it seems that leopard supports only GMA950 and X3100.

I'v managed to change the resolution to 1280x1024, but I sure would love to have QE/CI enabled.

My device ID is: 0x29c2

hi,savvy,I have the same graphics card on a dell veotro200, how can you get the 1280*1024?

could you help me ? thanks !

Open the following file:

/MAC_DRIVE/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and add the following

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>"Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32"</string>

The "<key>Kernel Flags</key>" will be probably available

Would it work with higher resolutions? Say 1920x1200?

And is there a way to solve the graphic limitation that prevents the album covers (coverflow) in iTunes, among other things, from working?

Thanks

Would it work with higher resolutions? Say 1920x1200?

And is there a way to solve the graphic limitation that prevents the album covers (coverflow) in iTunes, among other things, from working?

Thanks

I've not tried it but it should work on higher resolutions, as for the graphic limitations such as coverflow in iTunes, it's because of QE/CI not supported.

friend,

there is an update for Intel graphics drivers in apple web site. Leopard Grahics update 1.0.dmg (49.5MB File) Down load and install it .

I hope your problems can be solved. My issue with X3100 solved by doing it.

Rgds

Gopan

friend,

there is an update for Intel graphics drivers in apple web site. Leopard Grahics update 1.0.dmg (49.5MB File) Down load and install it .

I hope your problems can be solved. My issue with X3100 solved by doing it.

Rgds

Gopan

Thanks for your help Gopan, but I've already installed the update, but it was no good.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Tried the natit.kext no result

Tried the resolutiontrick..Works!

(I also have the GMA 3100 0x29b2)

Still no Hardware Acceleration, so no fusion for me yet :)

widescreen is possible with this graphic card?, my monitor works fine in 1680x1050, but max resolution is 1280x1024??? :(

• 1 month later...

It seems as though some of you are confused...

There are 2 chipsets from Intel...GMA3100 and GMAX3100 -- I know it's dumb but pay close attention when your checking your chipset. And unfortunately, other than resolution changes that some of you have made (kudos to you for getting that far) it's pretty much been said around the forum that CI/QE don't sound like they'll be supported. Just throw the money down and get a supported card instead. For laptop owners, sorry...your probably out of luck at this point.

• 6 months later...

Hi there all :wacko:

i just wanna inform you guys that the above script works flawlessly UP until 1600x1200px x 32 with GMA3100 on ASROCK G31M-S , no QE/CI or Hardware acceleration though.

too bad it cant work with my 1920x1080px monitor (it also cant work on 1680x1050px, 1920x1080px,1900x1200px)

anyone kindly enough too share some other wonderful script to support 1920x1080px HD? :(

Last but not least, Thank You 1000xtimes for Savvy224 for ur effort posting this script here, it's been almost 100hours to work this resolution ^_^

my specs are>

iPC_OSx86_10_5_6_Universal_PPF5_Final + iDeneb.Combo.Upgrade.KIT.1057

Intel E7400, 4Gb DDR2, GMA3100 onBoard VGA, 80Gb Sata, PS/2 Mouse+Keyboard, AzaliaAudio works, and BENQ T2200HD, Asus DVDRW, Logitech VX Nano

Try using a program called SwitchResX to customize your resolutions. I have X3100 and I just installed iATKOS 10.5.7 without even checking any drivers from Intel Graphics. It seems that the native 10.5.7 kexts for X3100 works without modifications or even Natit. Only problem was missing the optimal resolution which SwitchResX fixed.

Hope that helps.

• 5 months later...