DFI LanParty P45 mATX board.

146 posts in this topic

Anyone try out the DSDT thing?

I am having lockup issues randomly with USB on boot or waking from sleep... which is why I am not posting settings. Since the lockups are not worth leaving S1 to S3 for most people I think.

Anyone try out the DSDT thing?

I am having lockup issues randomly with USB on boot or waking from sleep... which is why I am not posting settings. Since the lockups are not worth leaving S1 to S3 for most people I think.

Did you change the jumpers on the motherboard to wake from Sleep using USB ???

If i remember correct there are 2 jumpers ,look at the mobos manual.

I dont have sleep working but i never experienced any USB lockups on Boot.

As for the DSDT i used the patcher and fixed the thing with HPET.

Maybe with some more tweaking sleep issues will also be fixed.

(someone suggested to add some code to WAK function ,I'll try it when i am back home tomorow)

Anyhow it will be a good thing to post your BIOS settings so others can start experiment with the Sleep issues.Personally i m very curious caused i spend almost two hours without any success on both S1 and S3 sleep. :(

For the sound i will go for an external cheap sound card with Optical Output (U-CONTROL UCA202) .

I manage to get S1 sleep to work (maybe i was doing something wrong in the past) i hit F7 to Power Management page in the BIOS and changed suspend Type to S1 .

So S1 works fine and also wakes from mouse or keyboard.

BUT for S3 sleep nothing. I cant get it to work, i've tried also to patch the DSDT and the _WAK device but with no results.

So until Hyper X posts his BIOS settings for S3 sleep to start tweaking again...

I manage to get S1 sleep to work (maybe i was doing something wrong in the past) i hit F7 to Power Management page in the BIOS and changed suspend Type to S1 .

So S1 works fine and also wakes from mouse or keyboard.

BUT for S3 sleep nothing. I cant get it to work, i've tried also to patch the DSDT and the _WAK device but with no results.

So until Hyper X posts his BIOS settings for S3 sleep to start tweaking again...

Hmmm S1 does not always wakes from Sleep :(:P:(

I dont know what the :wallbash: is wrong ...

I give up :(:(:(:(:(:( and wait for HyperX...

I know I know, my RL has gotten massively in the way this week. I will TRY to do it, my weekend is massively cramped right now with work stuff. I get to week off starting monday though so no excuses. I will REALLY try hard tonight, but its hard when I cant even shut off my computer. Plus taking like 22 pics... BAH I am too lazy ;\

I will do it though... SOON promise!

OK i have some news regarding S1 Sleep.

I used the DSDT patcher and addionally added a line of code in the DSDT in the _WAK Function.

So now S1 sleep works fine. It wakes from keyboard or mouse and i have not noticed any USB lockups for more than 3 days . :D:D:D

Read this

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683

and for the WAK fix see post 13

Now only S3 sleep remains for fix :angel::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It does NOT fix the JMicron issue. It does with AHCI off.. AHCI on it will not boot. It will not find ANY hard disks. With raid on it boots, but is VERY unstable.

There is a new beta bios but I am wary of trying it.

The latest Bios J245DA30 in their site is indeed a Beta.

i m using J245DA07 (which i believe is also a Beta) since the day i installed the motherboard and it does fix the Jmicron disable bug .

BUT i dont know if the sleep issues i m having with S3 are due to this Bios Version .

Hyper X which version do u have ?

The latest Bios J245DA30 in their site is indeed a Beta.

i m using J245DA07 (which i believe is also a Beta) since the day i installed the motherboard and it does fix the Jmicron disable bug .

BUT i dont know if the sleep issues i m having with S3 are due to this Bios Version .

Hyper X which version do u have ?

The one release October 7th 2008. It did not fix the Jmicron glitch for me at all. It wont have any hard disks when I disable it, and yes I am only using SATA.

The one release October 7th 2008. It did not fix the Jmicron glitch for me at all. It wont have any hard disks when I disable it, and yes I am only using SATA.

If u select AHCI and Jmicron Disable wont work ???

And why disable Jmicron after all ???

If u select AHCI and Jmicron Disable wont work ???

And why disable Jmicron after all ???

Correct with ACHI off it works fine, but windows won't boot. With RAID it boots too, but that presents issues as well and its VERY unstable. Jmicron on ALL WORKS.

And turning Jmicron off is useful cause the jmicron controller can cause issues, I dunno if it even works under OSX

Correct with ACHI off it works fine, but windows won't boot. With RAID it boots too, but that presents issues as well and its VERY unstable. Jmicron on ALL WORKS.

I mean ACHI Enabled and Jmicron Disabled.

But forget it ,your are right i tried and i get a SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE or something :wacko::wacko::wacko:

PS

about those Bios settings for Power Management and S3 Sleep ,any news :P

Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know I am another satisfied person using this board.

I have 8GB ram and Q6600 CPU and this puppy rocks.

Still using onboard LAN which works out of the box like you all said, but might buy a cheap wifi card this weekend.

After much playing around i realized how easy it was to get leopard working with this board.

Now have my process down pat with boot132 and leopard dvd.

Took me awhile to sort out my nvidia 9400gt graphics card but also now sorted that out.

Havent fixed sound yet but that looks fairly easy will try that next.

I am about to repartition and do it all over again to make sure I can repeat it at will.

At the moment am lazy and still have boot132 on a dvd drive, but will move it to a usb stick to try that method.

Still havent looked at chameleon yet, or decided if i want to dual boot with vista.

But once again thanks for all the various helpful threads, I look forward to fingers crossed a nice stable machine.

Cheers,

Mike.

P.S. I am based in hong kong. So if anyone in hk wishes to know where to find this board drop me a message.. As there is only one shop that I found selling it.

Actually, it runs at 8x regardless of how many cards you have installed, which is essentially pci x 1.0 speeds (correct me if i'm wrong).

Ideally, you run this board with 2 crossfire cards, but thats irrelevant for osx86

no it runs 16x with one card and 8x with 2, of which nothing really matters cause the amount of bandwidth on a PCI-E 2.0 lane in 8x is still freaking huge.

performance loss with quadfire (2x 4870X2) is properly nothing more than 10-15%

Not to be a stickler, but if anyone is actually gonna get this board, they need to know this.

The board has 2 pci x16 physical slots, both of which run at 8x bandwidth, no matter how many cards you have installed.

The description of the board is misleading, and the fact that typically most boards only drop down to 8x when two cards are connected does not help the confusion.

I have one card installed on mine, and it runs on 8x bandwidth, no matter where I put it. But yea, the bandwidth limitation does not seem to inhibit performance that much.

On a side note, any chance Hyper could post those bios settings so we can mess with S3 sleep, I still havnt gotten mine to work.

Just got this board, partly because of this thread, and have been playing with a mild OC. Now at 3.47Ghz. It's running 9*385 on all stock voltage (mostly just "optimized settings" in BIOS, except for mem timings.) 8 hours of IntelBurnTest and WinRar Benchmark and HD Tune disk error scan all running concurrently, and it's solid. Not bad for stock volts and a stock cooler. (Thermalright Ultra-90 on the way.)

Anyway, seems like a pretty nice board.

Has anyone been able to get a boot off a USB flash drive? Or any USB device?

I'm trying the GRUB-DFE + Leopard Retail method but having issues. I'm getting EBIOS read errors on the Leopard disk(s). Tried three disks. Two written with TransMac, the other written by ImgBurn after converting the DMG to ISO with UltraIso. Have different media coming from NewEgg, will try that next. I'm using a SATA DVD, tried AHCI. Tried an IDE drive too.

Here's a link to the [H] thread on this board for anyone interested. More details on my testing over there. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1033372714

I'm running the 812 BIOS, but will probably update to 901 to see if that solves my USB boot issue, and other minor BIOS bugs I've seen.

Just got this board, partly because of this thread, and have been playing with a mild OC. Now at 3.47Ghz. It's running 9*385 on all stock voltage (mostly just "optimized settings" in BIOS, except for mem timings.) 8 hours of IntelBurnTest and WinRar Benchmark and HD Tune disk error scan all running concurrently, and it's solid. Not bad for stock volts and a stock cooler. (Thermalright Ultra-90 on the way.)

Anyway, seems like a pretty nice board.

Has anyone been able to get a boot off a USB flash drive? Or any USB device?

I'm trying the GRUB-DFE + Leopard Retail method but having issues. I'm getting EBIOS read errors on the Leopard disk(s). Tried three disks. Two written with TransMac, the other written by ImgBurn after converting the DMG to ISO with UltraIso. Have different media coming from NewEgg, will try that next. I'm using a SATA DVD, tried AHCI. Tried an IDE drive too.

Here's a link to the [H] thread on this board for anyone interested. More details on my testing over there. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1033372714

I'm running the 812 BIOS, but will probably update to 901 to see if that solves my USB boot issue, and other minor BIOS bugs I've seen.

How did you pick your mem timings, and what processor are you running? I can't seem to get my E6600 past 2.8ghz. The FSB won't go higher than 310 unless I mess with voltages, and even then, its unstable.

As far as the read errors go, I'm not sure. The grub-dfe method I posted worked fine for me on an IDE dvd drive, I used a backup copy of leopard, which I think was burned using disk utility if I remember correctly.