Cider 1430

xandiztxu

75 posts in this topic

there another config file that spore actually uses that config file in the spore.app doesn't affect it at all. the other config file is in username/library/preference/SPORE Creature Creator Preferences/

Hi Guys,

The fix you mentioned, adding "mousewarping" = "0" to the cider config file did the trick, but as one of you had mentioned you are limited in how far you can turn.

I did some research and this is what I have found:

Mouse warping keeps the mouse centered in the application window (from a desktop perspective), this essentially allows an application to "trap" the mouse. When you disable mouse warping the mouse moves around as with a regular application (i.e. it can move beyond the boundries of the application window.

When you run oblivion in windowed mode (with mouse warping disabled) you can see this behavior very clearly, the mouse can move in and out of the game window. Whats happening is when the mouse encounters the edge of the os x desktop, it doesn't move anymore - hence you can't turn you character farther to the left of right. Enabling mouse warping makes the game virtuall unplayable, due to the fact that you can't turn at all.

The higher the resolution of your monitor the less of an issue this is. I have a 1900x1200 monitor, so playing oblivion with mousewarping set to 0 isn't too much of a problem (because the mouse has plenty of space to move around on my desktop.

My character can go about 370 degrees, but its still annoying if an enemy is off to your left and you've already hit the boundry (you have to spin the opposite direction to line the enemy up in your cross hairs).

The other solution I've discovered, is to use a gamepad. I've experimented with a simple gamepad I had lying around and it works great. I'm considering purchasing the logitech dual analog gamepad (the controller will be similar to a ps2 controller), which is a HID gamepad with full support for OS X. I actually prefer playing oblivion with a gamepad - because I started off with the xbox 360 version.

I'm going to do a fresh install (mine currently has all sorts of mods), and then release the App bundle. It might be a couple of days because I've already fallen behind on my work in order to try and get this working.

When I release the App bundle - I'll have a full description of everything that was neccessary to get Oblivion working. The directX files were neccessary, but not all of them, only d3dx9_27.dll file is neccessary. I determined this through trial and error, and by reading some documentaiton on getting Oblivion working with Wine.

The other issue is performance. I have a Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, and I get about 30 fps indoors and around 15-20 fps outdoors at 1024x768. Granted this is with many of the details cranked up, so I'm sure if one wanted to - they could improve performance by lowering the details.

Here are the screenshots.

Rstrube

post-216009-1213985268_thumb.jpg

post-216009-1213985279_thumb.jpg

Indeed i'm going to try oblivion with my XFX Controller let you know how it went.

EDIT: thanks for clearing things up too ;)

EDIT:I'll just leave the those Direct X files there just in case someone will try another game and needs them to make it run.

I say the game is fully playable. The mouse-lock issue is something I'll definitely want fixed but I can tolerate it. Finally, I can play the game with some TREES!

Considering the Spore app had a splash page, I figured I'd do something nice for my Oblivion app.

P.S: Works great with bloom, btw. Just make sure that HDR is off.

post-186920-1214005927_thumb.png

Rstube i have a question when you had oblivion running under cider 1333 did the mouse warping, was it an issue there ?

EDIT: I'm going to try battelfield 2142 version of cider to see if the mouse problem will fix oblivions. doing that its a fps game it need to trap the mouse in the window.

@ sonicjam

No, the 1133 build did not exhibit problems with the mouse, only the graphical artifacts that I mentioned. Let us know how the Battlefield cider works, perhaps the mouse problem only exists in build 1430.

I still haven't gotten around to creating the App bundle, part of the problem is that I need to do a fresh install of Oblivion, and I deleted my Bootcamp partition. I should hopefully get around to it sometime tomorrow.

RStrube

well i tried battlefield 2142 it had graphical issue and the mouse problem was kinda there. when i moved to the left it it started when i move to the right probably when i hit 90 degree it started again.

Anyone managed to try out Everquest2? Im going to give it a try tonight but Im not expecting great things - Ill post what happens.

Cider Release (1430, taken from Spore Demo) The Spore game and usuless files have been removed.

I think this version already have support for pixel shaders 3.0 (Level 2.1) so I'm almost sure you will get to run Oblivion and others games here.

Have fun.

Download link : http://www.sendspace.com/file/qajrki

I will retest some of my tries here and post results in this topic. I don't have oblivion so its impossible right now to me to test.

But if you have it, try now.

When your all finnished making the oblivion work right can you torrent the app i would litterly love that it is the only game i play on my xbox along with cod4

sorry for the double post again but i got i finally got a complete fix for the game oblivion. the game is now 100% playable. the libdinput.dylib in the framework folder was causing that mouse problem. so i took cider 0983 version's of the libdinput.dylib and inserted it when in to game the mouse issue was gone. here the link to download the dylib just replace the libdinput.dll with this one: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ROCS9A0A

Thank you Sonicjam for fixing the mouse issue. The game is now playable but I would not call it 100% until mods are working with it, I can't even get the official ones working. Shivering Isles partially loads, there is an island of question marks in Niban Bay and it needs to be there for my saves to work right. Hopefully this forum can get most if not all mods/plugins working soon.

Cedega doesn't have support for Mods/Plugins, Cider wont have until cedega has as both is the same, but cedega for linux cider for OSXAnyone can try guild wars in this version, is supposed to work too. if 3 bugs. If anyone has interest on this, give me info and i will help you.

Hello, I do Sounter-Strike Source and CS 1.6,

Run - OK

Play Online - Ok

Fonts - Not Correct

this is screen

2088535-holder-c1565f6338263c585544b3af53722914.jpg

2 games 1 problem

use few version of Cider

How it fix?

xandiztxu

I copy All fonts from Window XP to Cider - not Help (((

at crossover all showed ok, but no fonts at windows folder,

I try copy System32 to Cider - not help ((

I change cider config file and add .reg file with CSS settings from Windows, change fonts name... not help