Macbook, Macbook Air, or macbook pro

9 posts in this topic

I just ordered the black macbook, but I'm having regrets. I can quickly change it with apple before 12pm tommorow, so does anyone have any suggestions... should I get the Macbook Air, or Macbook Pro...

I can easily afford the Macbook Air, but I'm not sure about the pro.

I use my computer just to play movies off itunes, and browse the web... so speed isn't really an issue, nor is the missing DVD drive...

I'm really just interested in what ever laptop will retain its value the best till September when I get my school issued computer...

Does anyone have any advice between what I should get?

Thanks

p.s. I think that battery and heat problems are the most important for me, I don't like to charge it that often ;)

Out of the MacBook Pro's, the cheapest one is probably the best value. However, as you bought the Black MacBook, it looks like you get all the same specs, except for the graphics card, which you say you do not care for. If I recall correctly however, the MacBook Pro's have a better battery life than the MacBooks

The question becomes what don't you like about the black MacBook? If the screen too small? Is it too slow?

In any case, unless you are looking for intense portability, don't get the Air. If you need a bigger screen, better performance (the Pro's graphics card will help load the OS X graphics faster) and better battery life, get the cheapest MacBook Pro. Also, no one is buying MacBook Air's really, they are collecting dust I hear, so resale value is probably very low. MacBook Pro's however, will probably sell the same in September as they do now.

I use my computer just to play movies off itunes, and browse the web... so speed isn't really an issue, nor is the missing DVD drive...
The Air is fine if you just use these things...but the Macbook and Macbook Pro have big advantages, like larger hard drive and stuff. It's really up to your personal preference what you buy. The Macbook pro is just $200 more than the air, definitely worth it in my opinion...

The Air is slow compared to the other two. Plus, if you're going to pay that kinda money you may as well get the much more capable MacBook Pro. Customer of mine bought an Air and the novelty wore off in about a week. She now wants her Macbook back. :P

I don't like questioning why people buy things but judging by your sig it seems you have a LOT of Apple Laptops. Any particular reason you want a new one? It might help people better understand your needs.

I don't like questioning why people buy things but judging by your sig it seems you have a LOT of Apple Laptops. Any particular reason you want a new one? It might help people better understand your needs.

Haha, those aren't all my laptops... they are laptops that are in my house. I'm the only one in the family with out a mac, and I have a hackintosh... kinda sick of it. I wanted to get a real mac, so I guess I still have the Black Macbook on order, I guess I'll keep it. I really wanted the air, but I checked ebay, and used ones only go for 1k.. so it scares me to think what it will be worth in a few months! (probally because it has the specs of a cheap laptop)

Thanks for the replies.

Haha, those aren't all my laptops... they are laptops that are in my house. I'm the only one in the family with out a mac, and I have a hackintosh... kinda sick of it. I wanted to get a real mac, so I guess I still have the Black Macbook on order, I guess I'll keep it. I really wanted the air, but I checked ebay, and used ones only go for 1k.. so it scares me to think what it will be worth in a few months! (probally because it has the specs of a cheap laptop)

Thanks for the replies.

Good Decision!