Good News for who want to build a cheaper Leopard Hackintosh

Iceman

226 posts in this topic

Folks,

Like to share my experience with the D945GCLF board.

If you want something easy, please install using iATKOS_4i. ( 10.5.4 )

The only thing required is to patch the NIC with RTGMac_v2.0.0.

That's it!

*** As everyone else ( i guess ) restart does not work ***

Anyone can try it on the D945GCLF2 board and provide feedback? That would be great.

Uhh. I register just to respond that D945GCLF2 works. using Kalway 10.5.2. I use the sleep kernal and the "About This Mac" shows I am using Intel Core Duo with CPU speed of 1.6G. So it told me I am using a Mac Pro. :hysterical:

Now I just need to find a cheap and compatiple 802.11b wireless card then I am all set to use it in my kitchen. :D any suggestion? reason I want a 802.11b because my wireless router is still a b only, and not sure if I will upgrade to 802.11g network at all.

thanks MonAmi:

I installed iATKOS 4i!! Works Great. all i had to do is update the video drivers and the nic.

i ran the recover of my files from time machine sweet upgrade!!

now it fixes the upgrade and boot issue i had!!

the restart works and i am running in idle at 75% Free CPU

my setup is

945gclf

2GB DDR2

Hitachi Deskstar P7K500 500GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB

Corsair 2GB DDR2 PC DIMM Memory (PC2-5300)

i built it all for $210 Canadian

I have add the files for the video drivers and Nic card drivers .all you need is Kext helper b7 !

Good Luck Testers

Atom_video_nic.zip

I finely got my update to 10.5.5 this is how:

1. First, download the update directly from Apple's website. You can grab 10.5.5 at http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...1055update.html 2. Before you run the downloaded file, open up Terminal and type "sudo su -" without the quotes. Enter your user password and then type "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done" without the quotes.

3. Keep this window open while you run the downloaded update and install it

4. Before you reboot, exit the Terminal script by holding down Ctrl and pressing X (Ctrl + X). Close Terminal and hit the button on the Update to reboot your computer.

5 Done

I had to reinstall the video drivers but besides that all works great!! happy testing :(

post-298091-1224199067_thumb.png

Thanks moxneo,

Glad that i could help. Thank you for the 10.5.5 update documentation.

Can you tell me if you find a fix to the restart?

Regards,

moxneo, Me again. Question for you.

When you installed the video drivers, which one did you used from the your package?

regards

Thanks moxneo,

Glad that i could help. Thank you for the 10.5.5 update documentation.

Can you tell me if you find a fix to the restart?

Regards,

moxneo, Me again. Question for you.

When you installed the video drivers, which one did you used from the your package?

regards

I I was to lazy to Find witch one worked so i used all the files in that folder in Kext helper b7.

Also i have found some draw backs to the 10.5.5 update . I can't get Divx player to run a video or VLC and i can't change my screen saver! As for the restart fix I do find that my H-Mac dose not restart ever 10 or so times!! I live mine on all the time so if any has a patch then please posted for MonAmi!!

Thanks to all you guys.

I just got my D945GCLF2 and Kalyway 10.5.2 works out-of-box. I am using vanilla kernel. CI/QE is enabled. I have two issues:

1. Ethernet Realtek RTL8168/8111 is recognized but always reports unplug even I plug in cable. I will try Realtek driver from ftp://66.104.77.130/cn/nic/RTGMac_v2.0.0.zip tomorrow

2. Realtek HD Audio ALC662 only has output. No input. No mic. What can I do?

Thanks again.

for those having a hang with restart and shutdown, im running my power settings in S3 and using the voodoo beta 2 kernel kixed my shutdown/restart issues

nothing you can do about the 662 not having input, only working output right now

Today I just plugin ethernet cable and power on. Wow, it works with Kalyway 10.5.2 installation. I didn't update Realtek driver. Maybe that is a issue if I power on before plugging cable in. Since I will always keep the cable, I decide to stick with old one until it stops working.

I also update iTunes and QuickTime, like a breeze. Very sweet except for a freeze right after update. I have to use reset once to bring the system back.

Uhh. I register just to respond that D945GCLF2 works. using Kalway 10.5.2. I use the sleep kernal and the "About This Mac" shows I am using Intel Core Duo with CPU speed of 1.6G. So it told me I am using a Mac Pro. :P

Now I just need to find a cheap and compatiple 802.11b wireless card then I am all set to use it in my kitchen. :D any suggestion? reason I want a 802.11b because my wireless router is still a b only, and not sure if I will upgrade to 802.11g network at all.

Did you try others kernels ?

Is restarts ok ?

Hey MonAmi You install the key the same way you did the oves for the video and nic card! use kext helper b7

I just installed it tell you how it work out in a sec

Works!!!!

Thanks Moxneo, i did work!!!

Any news on your side for the 10.5.5 update ( you had isssues last time )

Thanks

it worked!!! as for the video play back. I think it has to do with openGL. I have done some test and i find when i use opengl for my video player it killes the app! also my screen save dose the same thing!! so iam going to keep working on that . as for now i use quicktime and that is ok!!

Besides that run sweet I have got my HTC Touch "wm6" to sync with mac and i also got my Creative Zen Vision M to dock up now!!

so with all that working it's the last nail in Windows !! Beside my cell LOL :(

Now i installed the iAtkos 10.5.4 on my D945GCLF2 with the Video-Nic Kext and all works fine!

(Audio-out too)

I updated to 10.5.5 and Video works only in 1024x768.

Reinstalling the Video-Nic for GMA950 brings a grey Background and nothing works anymore.

Does anybody knows a working Video-driver for iAtkos and 10.5.5 for the D945GCLF2 ?

Hi people,

I am here to let you know my nice experience with a recent mobo i bought.

It is the Intel D945GCLF

D945GCLF_sm.jpg

I payed it 54€ (here in Italy, i don't know how do you spend where you live...)

This mobo is a Mini-itx 17cmx17cm and has:

Integrated Intel® Atom 1.6ghz (HT) processor

Realtek ALC662 audio

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Six USB 2.0 ports

Two SATA ports

One parallel ATA IDE interface

I used Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2.

The installation was perfect and after reboot, the system started with sound even with QE/CI enabled (presentation video and music worked).

Everything work out of the box! Incredible!

Now i am really happy because with onle 54€ + 16€ (1gb ram) = 70€ i got a PERFECT Leopard machine!

Now i am backuping my installation with Time Machine... believe me, incredible!

I am using EyeTV with my Terratec Cinergy Hybrid T XS tv dongle, and it works like a charm! (analog even digital)

Obvious, it is not like a core2duo 2.66... but it did his job like never expected from what i hear around... in internet (people said that Atom is a bad cpu... i don't think so... now!)

Everyone should try this mobo... and i think the price is really not the limit!

I am entusiast!

Bye ;)

P.s. A thing i forgot: sleep works! Amazing... :D

Hi, ICEMAN.

I have a machine just like yours and i want to install Leopard,

On the instalation procedure with Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2. which Drivers and config did you select? I mean, Video drivers, Sound, SMbios, Kernel...ETC.

Could you explain to me exactly becaue i have tried with other distros of leopàrd and had too much problems.

Thanks for your help.

Hi All,

As a comparative noob to this (I've briefly had an X61 Thinkpad hackintosh) I'm putting together a Leopard box based on the D945GCLF2 dual core version of this board.

It's going to run headless as a NAS, bittorrent box and general purpose home server.

I guess I've got a choice of Kalyway 10.5.2 (have disk), iATKOS (could download) or using my Leopard retail copy to create something new - what's easiest to get fully working (inc sleep) and patched up to 10.5.5? I don't need audio IN but sound, LAN, sleep all important.

A step-by-step guide would make me very happy!

Also, can anyone advise of a suitable SATA card that's recognised by OS X? I want to add some extra SATA ports to run a RAID1 drive pair for NAS. Will a standard SiL one likely work?

Cheers

Ric