Nvidia GT200 Series ?

LBC

26 posts in this topic

In a couple weeks I am going to buy this video card for the obvious reason, PC gaming aka Crysis and others and was wondering if there was a way to do it? Or do I have to wait for a driver to be made available to work? If anything, could I juse the GTX 280 working with optimal settings ie. just be able to see a image on the screen?

• 2 months later...

If you remove the Geforce.kext and nvinject.kext or natit.kext from your extensions folder you will get vesa display. If you input your resolution into your com.apple.boot.plist you will at least get the thing to look reasonable. You will have no acceleration so don't expect to play games or see video streaming media on certain web pages. Your computer may or may not shutdown properly, you may have to hold in the power button - but at least you will see a picture.

• 5 months later...

what an old topic :unsure:

however, I have PNY GTX260 and leopard 10.5.5 installed, I couldn't play games, but GUI works great, VLC player shows 720p movies smoothly and even OpenGL works a bit, getting 110FPS in iTunes classic visualisation, none of other OpenGL-based content can be seen, only black screen.

As I heared GT200 support will be included in snow leopard? Won't the driver simply appear at nVidia's website?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a gtx260 and i cant get any other resolutions to work.. just the standard 10x7... really starting to get me down.. ive tried boot.plist, and also typing in 'graphics mode etc..' from the boot prompt... and i've also tried a program called SwitchResX... nothing seems to work.. HELP! driving me nuts.

Hey guys there's a new snow leopard beta out with primitive GT200 series drivers. Not sure how much you guys are will to experiment but I'd look at one of the how to guides on installing snow leopard beta on a hack and see what happens. Nothing to loose if you have a spare hd!

Anyone experiment with these drivers yet btw?

@rama: Don't get down, your very close to getting a fix soon in my prediction. As for the resolution problem ask a few guys around here that have figured it out how they did it. ResX isn't going to do the slightest if you don't have any support for the card (even if it's botched support)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guiz, at least I downloaded an installation of SL (10.6_snowleopard_10a222_userdvd) and now I'm gonna install it on an old 20GB IDE Drive, but since this is a DMG file I'll have to install iDeneb first right? hope my GTX260 will not be hurt... :P

'll write results after the experiment :(

what an old topic :)

however, I have PNY GTX260 and leopard 10.5.5 installed, I couldn't play games, but GUI works great, VLC player shows 720p movies smoothly and even OpenGL works a bit, getting 110FPS in iTunes classic visualisation, none of other OpenGL-based content can be seen, only black screen.

How did you get VLC to work? Every time I try to open a 1080p .mkv, VLC just crashes. I haven't tried any other file.

GT200 Series will work in leopard becouse it's REALLY a 9800gtx Nvidia just changed it's name

That is incorrect. The GT200 series is WAY different than a 9800 GTX. If the GT200 series isn't supported then how is the 9800 GTX? Also, the GT200 has a dedicated PHYSX processor and has 1.4 BILLION transistors compared to 754 million in the 9800 GTX, so how dare you say its really a 9800GTX.

EDIT: And by the way, I would know. I have a GTX 260.

EDIT2: @Delfistyaosani: if you are not going to reply, then don't tell us you're going to try Snow Leopard. Otherwise it'll be another case of BigDaddyRob2G

• 2 weeks later...