AHCI ICH9 10.5.3?

44 posts in this topic

What kexts should we use in 10.5.3 for AHCI support? Cyclonefr says his kexts are useless in 10.5.3. Any ideas?

For ICH8R I had to use the 10.5.2 AppleAHCIPort.kext as patched to include device ids.

Patching the 10.5.3 one did not work.

What kexts should we use in 10.5.3 for AHCI support? Cyclonefr says his kexts are useless in 10.5.3. Any ideas?

Why don't you use the one provided in the 10.5.3 update?

They recognize all my SATA ports on my ICH9 chipset except for the name and orange icons.

Funny, on my (ICH9) board they work *better* than the 10.5.2 ones.. the internal drive is now recognised as such.

Then would you please post them? I keep asking and no one has done it, please post the kexts that work and tell me if you're using AHCI or not.

Then would you please post them? I keep asking and no one has done it, please post the kexts that work and tell me if you're using AHCI or not.

I originally had unmodified AHCI kexts I was using with 10.5.2 on my ICH9R chipset and all worked great.

Updated correctly to 10.5.3 and AHCI mode would no longer work. (waiting for root problem)

Switched to SATA/IDE mode and was able to boot. Replaced AppleAHCIPort, IOATAFamily, and IOAHCIFamily with 10.5.2 versions and rebooted.

Bam. Kernel panic in both AHCI and SATA/IDE mode now.

Booted off Installation DVD and inspected AppleAHCIPort Info.list and noted that the ICH9RAHCI entry in IOKitPersonalities was no longer there. (several others also missing)

Had a friend email the three kexts from 10.5.3 mentioned above again, and installed. Checked Info.list again and see ICH9RAHCI entry is in that copy.

Rebooted and both AHCI and SATA/IDE mode are working again, with unmodified 10.5.3 versions.

That's the version we already have that is missing the IOKitPersonalities entries in AppleAHCIPort.kext

they are the original kexts of the combo update 10.5.3. I can boot with this files, and I have an ICH9R! :wacko:

Sleep on S1 works on mine, with both the kexts from 10.5.2 and .5.3, but I went back to the .5.2 AppleAHCIPort.kext from the new one because restart had ceased to reboot the computer.

Now, the .5.2 kext just shows unknown controller in my System Profiler, but they all WORK just fine. weird.

Should I downgrade the other kexts too? So that I'm working with all the same version? Or try updating them again to see if reboot magically works now?