Don't install 10.5.3 from software update, only from combo update

iSkylla

34 posts in this topic

Anubis111, I have the same problem. I followed the instructions and after restart I was never able to boot. It would get many errors and some were in yellow color. I tried booting in -v -f -s booting with mach_kernel, nothing. I finally gave up and ran ubunto from a live CD to back up some of kext files from the machine, then i rebooted and decided to boot in safe mod -x and the my hackintosh actually booted. I backed up all my information and restarted. I am not stuck on restarting I see the leopard wallpaper with the spinning wheel on the screen and it has been like that for the past hour. A funny thing i noticed that About Mac said that my CPU was 3.07 GHz and in actuality i have 2.2 GHz. My ram was correct though. Just a funny thing. Has any one tried the update with kalyway. For me it did not work :D .

EDIT: After being stuck on the spinnin g wheel for over an hour i decided to restart the computer and boot normally. Good news the hackintosh booted fine. Everything seems to be working except the video driver. Funny thing it still says my CPU speed is 3.07 GHz. I will need to investigate more, but the computer is working fine now.

I have updated without major problems to 10.5.3, but I had problems with CI/QE (that I will try to solve recovering/reinstalling all Geforce* and NV* kexts) and with audio (no problem to recover).

The main problem I have now is that TIME MACHINE is not working after the update. I recovered my IONetworkingFamily.kext and reinstalled, but still not working.

No more people is having this problem?

Best regards!

Sietepicos

I have a crappy p4m800-pro v2 mobo with kalyway 10.5.2 and I updated with 10.5.3 combo. I rebooted and it would not boot at all. I had to replace the kernel with the sleep kernel from kalyway 10.5.2 dvd. Then it booted! Make sure you backup your working kernel and all kexts. Also, it booted but QE/CI was disabled on my geforce 6200. To re-enable quartz I copied all my backed up 10.5.2 NV* kexts and all my Geforce* kexts (plus NVinject), repaired permissions and after a few boots was back to normal...just my 2 cents

Well, I have fixed my screen resolution, but my other problem remains. When I try to restart or shutdown the machine gets stuck on the spinning wheel and it never restart or shuts down. I just need to hold the power until it shuts down. Leopard is still not detecting the correct speed on my cpu. :angel:

Working fine here. Went from iATKOS 2.0i. Had to use pacificst + nvinject to get QE working again (thx guys)

I noticed a few minor issues in my About this mac, restoring AppleSMBIOS and AppleHDA fixed the CPU speed, but the memory tab shows 0 Mhz for my 2x2GB, and my 8600gt is showing 768MB of vram (I wish). Any idea which kext I need to restore or how I can fix the ram issue?

I'm not even sure its important really but it would be nice to know