#@%*! NewEgg

vaporATX

7 posts in this topic

Bought a really nice open box DFI board from NewEgg. Now I know they don't send you any of the cables and stuff, and that's fine, I don't need anymore in my junk boxes. What I do need is the freakin' audio module for the board! I just got off the phone with them and the dipsh*ts didn't seem to understand that the board is not totally functional without the freakin' module. You can't sell it as a working mobo without that module. Sat on the phone for like 45 mins until I finally got a supervisor. This idiot tells me to send it back and I'll get my card credited back in 10 days to two weeks. Totally unacceptable. I called AMEX and sicked them on the bastards. Got a call back from Newegg an hour later saying they would credit my account the day after the returned item was received. Sleazy bastards.

they are just doing there job they say they are sending the item with no cables and component but yeah that is pretty stupid they don't send you that.

Oh well, I was able to get the same board off ebay, open box, for $10 bucks cheaper... and it comes with everything. :D

I getting really sick of NewEgg's bullsh*t. In the last year I've had five different issues with their merchandise. One was when they sent me different dimm modules from the ones I ordered. They said the ones I ordered we're discontinued, so they sent me what they considered the closest match. Their "closest match" was an inferior module with the slower timings from what was specified. They didn't even have the common courtesy to contact me about it. The second was a doa oem hard drive that had scuff marks around the screw holes. This was obviously a return that they repackaged, sold as new, and they didn't even bother testing. Third was a set of doa dimm modules that took them 15 days to replace. I ended up having to buy them locally when my customer started to b*tch. Forth was wrong CPU that needed to be returned for the correct one... and fifth was this mess. I'm just gonna stick with zipzoomfly and local retailers like Frys from now on.

open box..... that explains it all.

read the fine print and it would say not everything pictured will be included.

I did. I just took it for granted that it would come with the part that one needed to have a fully functional board. Oh well, never again.

Open box does mean it comes with nothing, but they should atleast warn you with this board that you need that audio module. I like Newegg though, but I won't buy any open box item from any store.

can't be worse than this local shop here (OEMExpress.com). i walked in there after seeing they had some Sapphire 3870's on sale for $199 and the website showed it was the dual slot cooler... So i walk in, ask for the card and the box doesn't show the card itself or say its single or dual, but I was a bit rushed so i went home, opened the box and noticed it was the crappy single slot.

After returning it to the store asking for the dual slot, the guy gives me a confused look as to why i care (even after i explain heat issues and fan loudness, this thing is like vacuum). He claims this is all they have and that he doesnt know whats what, "they're all just in boxes like this", so i ask him for a refund and he charged me 25% restocking fee (even tho the card and all the packaging inside wasnt touched or opened), only thing that was modified was this tiny 1" sticker (the original packaging wasnt even shrinkwrapped).

I walked out of there was $50 less and then filed a complaint with the BBB and they've been bugging the place for 3 weeks now. I started giving the guy a hard time too about what $50 was going to do since its just a sticker he needs to reapply, I hope their store enjoys the fine.