Does anyone think Apple will try n stop OSX86?

SuperNet33

9 posts in this topic

• 11 months later...

If so, they haven't been very effusive or forthcoming about certain drivers, although I would imagine the driver writers might be under heavier scrutiny about this stuff.

As amazing as they are, I don't think Netkas, Taruga, or np_ work for Apple. I don't mean to pick favorites here; those are just three examples of the 1337est of OSx86ers that I'm aware of.

Do you think there are any disgruntled ex-Apple employees on this site?

Has anyone made a list of Apple commentary on InsanelyMac, commentary on Developer Previews available on the web, etc.? On iATKOS and the various hacked distributions?

I'm not sure if the "Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext" is an attempt at wry humor or serious.

It is also interesting to note that discussion of installing OS X on PC hardware is strictly forbidden on most sites. (notebookforums.com, ubuntu.com, others...)

I know Apple has spoken with some of them about the issue, but I wonder how Apple picks its fights?

With so many people installing Mac on their netbooks, will this become a public issue?

Maybe this is a stone best left unturned. I don't like that idea, though. :-D

Apple employees visit insanelymac for a laugh.

Whenever someone who works for Apple Support can't fall asleep at night after a difficult day at the job, they just think about what their life would be like if they had to support installing OS X on generic PCs.

Less than 1 out of 10 people here has a 100% working hackintosh that doesn't implode upon installing the next system update.

just remember how many keyboards, mice, network cards, screens and now even retail discs have been purchased by users in this project. and how many of us have been converted to mac .

I completely agree with you, my mouse and keyboard are from the latest hardware release from Apple and my future computer will be an iMac :D

OSX 86 is a hobby for me, making it work and playing around. I installed it on my HP DC7600 and 7700 and it works good. Doing all this made it easy when I was ready to buy me new laptop.