Peacefully Assemble?

18 posts in this topic

http://www.mosquito-ni.com/index.html

I guess you don't have that right in Ireland anymore.

You are now a nuisance to them.

As with all your topics about random things that happen around the world, I always need to find a second article. But, in the spirit of brotherhood, I decided to read your article first, and I found out three things: it was quite hilarious, your article came from the people who actually make this thing, and I actually agree with you. But first, the hilarity ensues:

he solution to the eternal problem of unwanted gatherings of youths and teenagers in shopping malls, around shops and anywhere else they are causing problems.

Oh no! They are all buying out our size one dresses, turn it on and they'll go away! This is just plain idiotic. First of all, the people want the youths in the stores so that they can buy stuff. The "causing problems" is another thing. So every time a teenager causes problems, something that I am proud of, they are going to turn on the alarm? Probably not, but it's still wrong anyway.

move away from the area within an average of 8- 10 minutes

So if some teenagers are fighting outside your local outlet store and you want them to stop. What do you do? Turn on your patented Mosquito and wait 8-10 minutes for them to go away. Problem not solved!

The presence of these teenagers discourages genuine shoppers and customers’ from coming into your shop, affecting your turnover and profits.

So they want us to go away so they can make more money? How will the adults feel after they've been waiting outside your store waiting to shop for 8-10 minutes?

Except that those devices actually are a pain for others as well, unless you stayed in rock concerts for the last decade of your life. If you have a tv (not a flat one) you will notice the same thing except this is a stronger tone.

Two amazing quotes: "gatherings of youths and teenagers" and "Anti social behavior"

How low did human society go. They're chasing away people [teenagers] like we're :P pests/bugs/roaches needed to be killed. Why don't they just get some dignity for the money it costs to buy a Mosquito. :P

Jon have you ever posted a positive post? There's always something desperately wrong with the world that we HAVE to know. And normally the diabolical scheme is run by someone who has nothing else on their mind than eating babies or doing anything else bet on destruction of the universe.

The is a ringtone of it so kids can have their phones ringing in school but the teachers wont hear it. Its in the wiki article.

Every one of my friend's phones that I put it on wouldn't play it at the pitch because the speakers are too bad. I haven't tried it on my iPhone.

After I posted this, I ordered one to see what type of potential weapon these things could be used as. From what I've read, anyone who is not used to hearing high pitches, such as TV's tube, can hear these things. If modified, it could be used for a good home deturrent system. Although, I am sure it would drive the animals insane. It would probably be very loud for me as well. I am not used to loud noises.

This is not something that should be used in public. I am pretty sure it is illegal over there in Ireland, in the first place. It would be illegal here in America, I know.

Anyway today shop owners hire people at age below 25 in the store, because they accept cheap salary. So they would propably leave before those "anti-social" teenagers leave so they can loot the shops. Because after listening to ipods instead of listening to teachers at school they don't hear that noise anyways.

After I posted this, I ordered one to see what type of potential weapon these things could be used as. From what I've read, anyone who is not used to hearing high pitches, such as TV's tube, can hear these things. If modified, it could be used for a good home deturrent system. Although, I am sure it would drive the animals insane. It would probably be very loud for me as well. I am not used to loud noises.

This is not something that should be used in public. I am pretty sure it is illegal over there in Ireland, in the first place. It would be illegal here in America, I know.

Why would it be illegal?

It's a speaker that makes a noise. It doesn't even work, nor is it uncomfortable.

If I ever come across one, I'm tempted to report the owner for breach of the peace...

Why would it be illegal?

It's a speaker that makes a noise. It doesn't even work, nor is it uncomfortable.

If I ever come across one, I'm tempted to report the owner for breach of the peace...

You certainly know a lot about it, and have a formation of opinion, for someone who has never come across one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_assembly

Freedom of assembly is the freedom to take part in any gatherings that one wishes. It is held to be a key right in liberal democracies, whereby citizens may gather and express their views without government restrictions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loitering

Loitering (pronounced /ˈlɔɪtərɪŋ/ is an intransitive verb meaning to stand idly, to stop numerous times, or to delay and procrastinate.