Just the fan control?

davidpeall

18 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

speedfan doesnt access the macbook fans (or other macs as far as I know).

"A fan speed only app would be lovely for us musicians, as the fan speed is persistent , poling wouldnt be needed, so we could get our best latency with cooler cpu.

(Anyway we can always set the fan speed and the quit all the 3 inputremapper instances on task manager, but then if you want to change the speed again you need to reboot, you cant just run the executable again)"

I would also absolutely love a version that just controls the FanSpeed of my iMac under XP.

I would even settle for a normal version that just detects and ontrols my fans

My Co-Workers and I wish there was just a fan control program as well. We all only use this program to control fans, nothing else. Since we have no need to remap keys, the remapping function is more of a pain than anything else. If you could have an option when installing the program, of only installing the fan control, that would be amazing!

I agree...I've actually kind of screwed up my MBP for the weekend. It was getting too hot, and Input Remapper is the *only* half way decent WinXP fan control solution. I installed it to keep my MBP cool while doing some intensive computing, and then went to uninstall it thinking I'd get the BootCamp functionality back....but no. Now I have to reinstall Input Remapper and live with the hassle of remapping stuff, instead of just being able to control my fans.

Monday I'll have my Leopard disks handy again, and can avoid remapping....until I need to control my fans again.

I miss configurable PCs.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YES!!! Pleeeeeeaaaasse someone make a fan control program for the MacBook Pro! I have no problem with apples keyboard remapping, I just want to make it run cooler, which is something that apple hasnt supported yet. Please someone do it! The technology is already there since its in the latest version of the remapper. Someone just needs to pull it out into its own program so that it can run side by side with apples drivers for boot camp!!!

Thanks!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I'd like to jump on the pile for the request for fan-only control.

Currently I'm using smcFanControl to change the default settings in OS X before rebooting into Windows XP under BootCamp. While this *works* I'd love to uninstall smcFanControl and have a BootCamp/Windows-native solution to control the fans in the only place I need to: for Windows gaming.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Yes I agree, I will remove all support that interferes with BootCamp (except fan control). Remapping features will still be present, but only as manual remapping and shouldn't pose a problem.

You're my hero!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...