About This File
ACPI and Clover config for Acer Aspire v5-571PG
Tested on Catalina 10.15.1 and Clover EFI 5098 (Should work on MacOS 10.9.x - 10.15.x)
- sd card reader
- Atheros AR9462 (use a compatible USB wireless adapter, see below)
- Touchscreen (MacOS 10.15 only)
- Disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Boot.
- Legacy Mode is recommended.
**To reset your BIOS, power on the pc and hold the power button for about 30-40 seconds or you can short G2101 (RAM SLOT 1)**
About the Atheros card:
You can install ATH9KFixup (you will also need additional patches on 10.14+ to restore Atheros support) to enable this card, however,
it will break sleep on MacOS 10.14+, it can freeze your OS at any time and it can freeze your network settings.
Because of its instability it is highly recommended to buy a USB wireless adapter.
You can find a list of working adapters, and the drivers, here.
Additional things you will need:
- Latest Clover config (AcerAspireV5-571pg - CCE Bank) from here
- CloverEFI (download) or OpenCore (download - Untested)
- WhateverGreen (download)
- VoodooPS2 (download)
- VirtualSMC + SMCBatteryManager (download)
- AppleALC (download)
- Lilu (download)
- Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (download)
CloverEFI drivers you will need:
- VBoxHfs (if you have hfs partitions)
Remember to install BIOS drivers if you enable Legaby Boot.
Feel free to ask for help.
Please send me a PM if you have fixes or improvements, thanks.
What's New in Version 4.0 See changelog
- Regenerate ACPI files and apply latest patches
- You can now see DSDT patches history in dsdt-patch-git