3 Screenshots

About This File

I was examining the source code of TextEdit 1.9 (309) and an idea popped into my head. A dark version of TextEdit and in the spirit of sharing I present to you TextEditDark.

Now this was done very quickly and it is based on the older version of TextEdit. The latest available version is 1.10 but the code is not available

In addition, I added an option under Preferences that if checked when the last window is closed TextEdit will close. This in my opinion will make it work more like Notepad on Windows, which I prefer.

Also added a checkbox that if checked will make windows stay on top of all applications have have the opposite effect if unchecked.

Since the windows are HUD Panel there is no minimize or maximize button, I would love to find out a way to implement a minimize and maximize button to HUD window if possible. If anyone knows please share :)

The lack of buttons is not a problem for me based on how I use TextEdit. I am uploading it in the hopes someone might find it useful or interesting.

All in all, this is a very small modification to Apple's source code of TextEdit.

Thanks.

What's New in Version 1.9 (309)   See changelog

Released

• Modified to work on macOS Sierra
  • Changed icon
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Unfortunately as Hud was implemented only for panels you can't add buttons and what is more annoying for me it stays frontmost.. but there are so much better editors than textedit around i would not spend much time revoking  this one, ever tried textmate? 

Unfortunately as Hud was implemented only for panels you can't add buttons and what is more annoying for me it stays frontmost.. but there are so much better editors than textedit around i would not spend much time revoking  this one, ever tried textmate? 

I like Textmate but I still catch myself using Textedit every now and then. The frontmost is a checkbox option if you go to Textedit->Preferences.