AppleHDA Patcher v1.8

8 Screenshots

About This File

Micky1979 and Mirone are glad to present you a new version of AppleHDA Patcher.app that will help you enabling sound on your Hack!

AppleHDA Patcher v1.9

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6528

AppleHDA Patcher, Jarvis ready

funny? Well, born for fun joking with Mirone about some adventures patching AppleHDA.kext.

Anyway Jarvis is there!

--> Troubleshotting:

• the app require a vanilla AppleHDA from the current system, otherwise can't work.
  • "drag an AppleHDA" functionality serves only if you are trying to patch it for another System and you use this system with the patched kext generated, or if is your saved vanilla kext (backup) and is the version needed by your system (not extracted with pacifist because should be incomplete). Also be sure is not a rollback from a minor version of the system (eg kext from 10.11 in 10.12 or from 10.11.5 in 10.11.6)
  • Generated kexts must be correctly installed (permissions repaired and cache rebuilted), the app did not install anything (look inside ~/Desktop/MironeAudio).
  • if does not work, be sure you have injected the correct layout-id (you can see it in ioreg).
  • if does not work, mind that all the patches are all reported as working by someone else system.
  • If does not work, be sure you have removed thirt party conflictual kexts (voodoohda, AppleALC, AppleHDADisabler, someone else injector), or you have removed or edited from your DSDT/SSDTs someone else patch you have applied previously.
  • There are differences between systems, so if you are sure your System is ok, probably you need a custom patch, we need the codec dump from linux
  • Don't work? Ok, but knowing only that, personally I don't care because mine always work. So comment at least if you are able to provide information like a ioreg firstly, but also your config.plist/patched dsdt or ssdt if any. Also the app as a function called "Jarvis" so a copy-paste of that is also appreciated.

1- You don't need to have separate patches, now they are implemented within the app, just choose Desktop's or Laptop's.

2- Is it possible to patch AppleHDA.kext for different OS X versions, he supports all kexts from 10.7 up to 10.11 (and newer), or by default use the one in /System/Library/Extensions as base for the patches without drag anything.

3- You can create kexts through its patched files (Platforms.xml, LayoutX.xml, Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext )

drag all of your files, choose or type the codec to patch the binary. The process automatically start.

4- Is automatically created a full patched AppleHDA.kext + HDAEnabler.kext to be used with all bootloaders, an aDummyHDA.kext and a config.plist *sample (to be used with Clover), an HDEF patch to be used with MaciASL ready with the correct layout-id (in case you chose to patch laptops also an IRQ patch will be generated), and also you will find usefull the CodecCommander.kext + hda-verbs by Rehabman forks.

All files will be placed inside ~/Desktop/MironeAudio, just choose what you need.

5- for all steps 1, 2 and 3 you can also drag to the app interface your real config.plist to be edited where necessary.

6- The application is able to make corrections remotely updating itself when and if necessary.

NOTE:

The app produces various files, off course you do not have to use them all:

Use aDummyHDA.kext + edited config.plist for Clover (Ozmosis works similar)

For all other bootloader use the full patched AppleHDA.kext (+ HDAEnabler.kext or DSDT edits... not both).

Use CodecCommander.kext if the sound does not work after the sleep (wake), read more here.

aDummyHDA.kext goes in /System/Library/Extensions

Italiano:

1- la nuova app ha tutte le patch incluse, per cui non c’è bisogno di file separati come in passato.

2- è possibile patchare AppleHDA.kext per le diverse versioni di OS X, da 10.7.x a 10.11.x (e versioni successive se non ci saranno cambiamenti). E’ richiesto che AppleHDA.kext sia presente in /System/Library/Extensions/ e che sia vanilla (mai patchato).

3- è possibile creare kexts anche importando i vari file che hai fatto tu (Platforms.xml, LayoutX.xml, Info.plist per AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext):

basta trascinarli sull’interfaccia e il processo partirà automaticamente.

4- vengono creati automaticamente un AppleHDA.kext completamente patchato + HDAEnabler.kext per essere utilizzato con tutti i bootloader (ok per Enoch che non può patchare al volo il kext), un aDummyHDA.kext e un campione del config.plist * (da usare con Clover), una patch HDEF da utilizzare con MaciASL pronto con le modifiche per il tuo DSDT con il corretto layout-id (nel caso hai generato una patch per portatili ci sarà anche una patch per gli IRQ sempre da applicare con Maciasl), in più troverete utile il CodecCommander.kext di Rehabman.

Tutti i file saranno collocati sul Desktop in una cartella chiamata “MironeAudio”, basta scegliere quello che vi serve (ricapitolando aDummyHDA.kext + config.plist per Clover, AppleHDA.kext patchato + HDAEnabler.kext per Enoch).

5- per tutte le fasi 1, 2 e 3 è anche possibile trascinare nell’interfaccia dell’applicazione il tuo vero config.plist prima di pigiare il bottone “patch AppleHDA”, così il KextsToPatch verrà aggiustato con le patch richieste per far funzionare l’audio. Ovviamente verrà fatta una copia modificata all’interno della cartella “MironeAudio”, nella sottocartella “Clover” che contirne il kext generato. Il tuo non verrà toccato… te lo devi rimpiazzare da solo.

6- L'applicazione è in grado di ricevere update in remoto per avere sempre le ultime modifiche ai vari codecs.

RICAPITOLANDO:

L'applicazione produce vari file, ma naturalmente non c'è bisogno di usarli tutti:

Utilizzare config.plist+aDummyHDA.kext per Clover. Se non avete trascinato il vostro vero config.plist quello generato è solo un esempio con le modifiche da apportare al vostro, da non utilizzare così com’è, altrimenti se lo avete trascinato.. una copia modificata la trovate all’interno di MironeAudio/nome del codec/versione del kext/Clover/config.plist.

Per tutti gli altri bootloader potete utilizzare il “full patched AppleHDA.kext patch” (con HDAEnabler.kext o DSDT modificato con le patch generate ... ma ovvio non entrambi).

Utilizzare CodecCommander.kext se il suono non funziona dopo il wake (risveglio).

Works in 10.7+

Credits:

bcc9 for patch_hda.pl ported to obj-c code by Micky1979

Andy Vandijck for getcodecid command

Pike R. Alpha for the idea of the Dummy kext

Geoff Garside for the zlib implementation

Kabyl and Taruga for the HDAEnabler.kext

Mirone for all the patches

RehabMan, TimeWalker75a, The-darkvoid for the CodecCommander.kext, here.

RehabMan for it's fork of iasl 6.1 available here.

// AppleHDA Patcher

//

// Created by Micky1979 and Mirone on 18/11/15.

// Copyright © 2015 Micky1979, Mirone and InsanelyMac.com. All rights reserved.

//

What's New in Version v1.8   See changelog

Released

• v1.8 Added more codecs for Laptop's and Desktop's.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Brilliant !!!

Work very well, i like the idea to have a stock AppleHDA

Unfortunately on my system based on Z97x-UD5H i have a problem with NVIDIA (GTX760) HDMI audio, i patched the DSDT and HDMI audio work well with stock AppleHDA and with Toleda AppleHDA audio patch but is not on the output list with AppleHDA patcher.

I am not very expert, any advice to make HDMI audio working with your AppleHDA Patcher?

Thanks

Brilliant !!!

Work very well, i like the idea to have a stock AppleHDA

Unfortunately on my system based on Z97x-UD5H i have a problem with NVIDIA (GTX760) HDMI audio, i patched the DSDT and HDMI audio work well with stock AppleHDA and with Toleda AppleHDA audio patch but is not on the output list with AppleHDA patcher.

I am not very expert, any advice to make HDMI audio working with your AppleHDA Patcher?

Thanks

Thanks for the "Brillant" :)

Basically if Audio works, you confirm me that the app is works well, and you simply have no need to make HDMI working with AppleHDA Patcher.app , because this stand to you:

This is an AppleHDA patcher, you instead need something related to your video card.... i.e "hda-gfx" property under your device HDAU in DSDT or SSDT (if your monitor is plugged on the discrete GPU, otherwise under HDEF if plugged on the mobo (in some cases you need to patch the framebuffer of the internal-GPU)).

Unfurtunately AppleHDA Patcher have no brain, so is not able to dump your ACPI tables, decompile it and correct all the errors/warning, apply a patch, and then re-compile it ...then save it on some subfolder of the bootloader you use.. and try.. all this for you :)

I can only suggest to use the search field on the top of each pages in this Forum and type "HDMI", and you will easily find all the tutorials you need to edit your DSDT :)

What We can implement, is some patches for HDAU to be written in the MironeAudio subfolder (has already done for the device HDEF), but than you will have to use MaciASL :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the "Brillant" :)

Basically if Audio works, you confirm me that the app is works well, and you simply have no need to make HDMI working with AppleHDA Patcher.app , because this stand to you:

This is an AppleHDA patcher, you instead need something related to your video card.... i.e "hda-gfx" property under your device HDAU in DSDT or SSDT (if your monitor is plugged on the discrete GPU, otherwise under HDEF if plugged on the mobo (in some cases you need to patch the framebuffer of the internal-GPU)).

Unfurtunately AppleHDA Patcher have no brain, so is not able to dump your ACPI tables, decompile it and correct all the errors/warning, apply a patch, and then re-compile it ...then save it on some subfolder of the bootloader you use.. and try.. all this for you :)

I can only suggest to use the search field on the top of each pages in this Forum and type "HDMI", and you will easily find all the tutorials you need to edit your DSDT :)

What We can implement, is some patches for HDAU to be written in the MironeAudio subfolder (has already done for the device HDEF), but than you will have to use MaciASL

I think I need to explain better...

I already patched my DSDT and HDMI audio work well without AppleHDA patcher,

With AppleHDA patcher in place i have ALC1150 working very well but the HDMI audio output disappear from the audio output list

I think I need to explain better...

I already patched my DSDT and HDMI audio work well without AppleHDA patcher,

With AppleHDA patcher in place i have ALC1150 working very well but the HDMI audio output disappear from the audio output list

and your HDMI device id is?

...post a screenshot of AppleHDA Patcher after pushing at "Audio info detected" button.. also a ioreg please (I will look it later)

Dear Micky

I don't know how to attach files here, i replied with requested info on the New AppleHDA Patcher thread

Thank You

Francesco

Hello ,

i have a vanilla mac os El Capitan with ALC282 (laptop) and CLOVER boot

What i do , i download the appleHDA patcher , i run it  , select my codec ( v1 also v2) , place my config.plist on it and push the button

Then i take the files ( plist and kext) of the Clover path and place them in my Clover boot.

But if i restart i don't have audio.

Can someone tell me what i do wrong ?

tnx

Helmut

Hi. When I try to patch, no new applehda.kext is created. just config.plist and hdaenabler.kext. Here is the output. My audio id should be 12. But my choices are only 5,7,9.

Choosen codec is Realteck ALC 662

Checking 19 range comparisons between 11d41984 and 10ec0662

Found range comparison 10ec0884

Found range comparison 10ec0885

2 codec range comparison(s) to patch

config.plist created and copied to ~/Desktop/MironeAudio/!

HDAEnabler.kext created with layout-id 5!

Zeroing 10ec0884 codec

occurrences 1 of 2 expected patched!

occurrences 2 of 2 expected patched!

Zeroing 10ec0885 codec

Patching 11d41984 with 10ec0662 codec

AppleHDA binary succesfully patched!

failed to patch layout5.xml.zlib..

failed to patch layout7.xml.zlib..

failed to patch layout9.xml.zlib..

AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist patched!

Problem patching xml files, aborting

It is Vanilla. Extracted from latest yosemite security update.

10% Vanilla. kexts from Apple Updates are never complete, but they only contains updated files  (ie only new ones to updated the existing AppleHDA.kext from previous OSX versions).

It's unusable.

• Like 1

I'll extract it from the installer later and post back. Will I be able to set my audio layout id to 12?

I'll extract it from the installer later and post back. Will I be able to set my audio layout id to 12?

I guess that you need the same exactly version for the installed OS, BTW what version are you using?

And no, you cannot use layout 12.

I'm using 10.10.5 I'm unable to locate a vanilla applehda at the moment. 

Found a Vanilla kext. Works perfectly. Copied Vanilla applhda back to s/l/e/ and using clover edit and adummyhda.kext. Thanks!

• Like 1

Thank you for this utility. 

In the description, you say "Use aDummyHDA.kext + edited config.plist for Clover"

What I did:

- edited /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist according to the generated config.plist

- added aDummyHDA.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

- patched my DSDT accordingly

However, it doesn't work...

EDIT:

Turns out, HDA injectors do not work from Clover/kexts. Must be installed to /S/L/E.

So, install aDummy.kext to /S/L/E.

• Like 1

Hi.

My laptop is Dell Latitude E6200, the audio card is IDT 92HD90BXX device-id is 111D76E7, can you add this into the next version of app ? I can offer codec.txt.

Thanks.