SOLVED! The whose suffering from lack of nForce 560 / mpc67 support thread.

162 posts in this topic

OK did some more research, the integrated video may not be the problem. There are 2 IDE controller Device ID's for this board. 055010de and 056010de. The first being in IDE mode and the second in AHCI mode. Currently I don't think AHCI is supported by any NforceATA kexts. Your Bios is limited and has no options for turning AHCI on or off. We are looking into more to see if AHCI is enabled by default, will report back when we get further.

all our problems would have come to an end if only there was the sata/ide option in our bios...

Now, keeping that in mind, is there any hack available for the bios?

I know it would be risky, but its worth a try :D

@eddie, May god bless you mate, it seems you are seriously doing some hard work on this case, once again good job mate!

Do keep us updated with your progress.

well, in my laptop i cant turn off/on the achi mode, there's no such option.

eddie, if you make it work, honestly i will donate to you via paypal ;)

because i've tryed everything in my hands to make it work but no result

thanks and keep us updated with your progress

I finally got my laptop back! I tried the nForce old and it did detect the drives! I tried to format one of my partitions except it just took forever and just gave me an I/O error.

I installed it to an external but to my surprise the drives didn't show up as readable within OS X? Is there any up date on this eddie?

This morning, even i tried the old nforce ppf...

While booting off the dvd, it took forever, the process did freeze for a couple of minutes, but then again it started.

The DiskUtility was able to detect the drives, but when i tried to format them with MacOS Journaled option, the video went choppy and ultimately, it went off with hazy stripes all over the display...

even i was wondering, is there any news from eddies side?

I was just wondering, if leo4allv3 gold will be able to detect the drives or not... i'm outta dvdr's as of now. :police:

I am still working on this guys, be patient. I have 2 things to try, but it takes time to get the ppf patches to work so someone can even test. I should have alot more time next week to work on it, so am hopeful to find a resolution finally.

oh thats good men :D

that ppf patches will be applied to the leo4allv3?

i think i will download it tomorrow, so i could test the ppf patches :P

so, i think we just can wait untill the next week :D

cya men and thanks for the effort

Hey eddie, you're the man! We know its just a matter of time, dont worry!!!

Any1 knows if I plug an usb external hd, could leopard see and install on it??? Is the nForce 560 breaking only sata stuff??

thanks in advanced!