[WORKING]SiS900 Ethernet Driver

TNW

53 posts in this topic

kextunload: /Users/thesmart1/Desktop/SiS900/build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kext (file access/permissions).

chown: build/Debug/SiS900.kext: No such file or directory

chmod: build/Debug/SiS900.kext: No such file or directory

mv: rename build/Debug/SiS900.kext to build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext: No such file or directory

cp: build/Debug/iwi3945-loadable.kext/Contents/MacOS/SiS900: No such file or directory

kextload: /Users/thesmart1/Desktop/SiS900/build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kernel extension build/Debug/SiS900-loadable.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

logout

[Process completed]

So I installed the driver's network SIS 900, but not connect and I found it very strange, help me.

• 1 month later...

plz it took me forever to install osx but i can't figure out how to use this driver can someone put step by step instructions that go into detail

plz it took me forever to install osx but i can't figure out how to use this driver can someone put step by step instructions that go into detail

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been looking for this driver for a long time now. I downloaded the file at the beginning of the thread a long time ago but I couldn't get that one to work so I went on looking.

I really want to connect my laptop to the internet through the good old SIS900so i would be greatly indebted to anyone who can tell me how to successfully install this kext and which file to down load.

Immense thanks to anyone who can help.

• 4 weeks later...

all u need is download the kext from frist post, unzip it

1. run kextHelper

2. drag ...SiS900\build\Debug\SiS900-loadable.kext to kextHelper

3. enter ur root password

4. click on install button

wait about a minute, then OS will say that it find a new network interface. now reboot =)

that what i did million times!

GoodLuck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
all u need is download the kext from frist post, unzip it

1. run kextHelper

2. drag ...SiS900\build\Debug\SiS900-loadable.kext to kextHelper

3. enter ur root password

4. click on install button

wait about a minute, then OS will say that it find a new network interface. now reboot =)

that what i did million times!

GoodLuck!

This worked for me. Many thanks! Had a flawless 10.4.8 install except for the network card. This driver and the wonderful kextHelper took care of that.

i cant figure out how to install the driver. i have a SiS ethernet card (pretty sure its the 900) and i cant go out to the internet on my computer. i have JaS 10.4.8 installed on the desktop. can anyone explain how i can install the driver so maybe i can go out to the internet on the computer. it is the only operating system on the computer and would like to be able to use the internet. thanks.

Hi all, it's long time i'm despairing trying to make work this damn SiS900 Network Card on my Asus A2H but as a lot of us i get the FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF mac address after installing the first page kext. when i try to change this mac with the command 'sudo ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' there is no way to change.

Configuring the IP manualy the status result Connected but there is no way to surf in internet.

If i try to 'ping 127.0.0.1' (network addr.) i receive reply succesfully; if i try to contact my default router '192.168.1.1' it is not reachable.

All the rest work perfectly the only problem is the Network Card :D

Could same good soul make a working kext for us?!! or simply gives a solution for our problems? :P

I really want Mac but without network.. please help..

Thank you!

Sis900 or sis191?

Sorry, need to update my post. It worked for a few minutes then died. I guess the driver does not really work.

I replaced my NIC with a Realtek8139 and it now works out of box, no drivers or mod needed. I suggest replacing, the card is cheap and works!

• 2 months later...

Tried that on an old Gercim Laptop with SiS900 and after executing the command file the ethernet card is regocnized by the system, but (!) it has the MAC-Adress 00:00:00.. so nothing works even manually changing the adress with:

ifconfig en0 ether <your mac address here>

doesn't work :/

Maybe it's possible to set the Adress manually somewhere in the source code

---

Jas Tiger 10.4.8

Maybe it's possible to set the Adress manually somewhere in the source code

I've edited the part where the driver extracts the Mac Address out of the EEPROM (obviously this doesn't work properly). So download this package and edit your Mac Address in the SiS900.cpp file where it says:

int SiS900::sis900_get_mac_addr()
  {

ether_addr[0] = 0x08;
   ether_addr[1] = 0x15;
   ether_addr[2] = 0x13;
   ether_addr[3] = 0x37;
   ether_addr[4] = 0xAF;
   ether_addr[5] = 0xFE;

DbgPrint("[SiS900] Ethernet Address : %02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x \n",
		   ether_addr[0],ether_addr[1],
		   ether_addr[2],ether_addr[3],
		   ether_addr[4],ether_addr[5]);
   return 0;
  }

Then use Xcode 2.5 to build the project and execute the .command file. Now it should load the kext/driver with your self edited Mac Address..

If you don't want to build the kext by yourself: I included a kext with the Mac Address shown above in the package - that should be enough for testing, because there are major bugs in the driver so maybe it isn't worth to build it again with your own address. For example it crashes when uploading a file with AFP or SMB (to download is possible!). But I never had problems while browsing the web so - just test it!

Nevertheless: Bing THANKS to TNW for porting the Linux driver to Mac!

bild3ap.th.png bild4nv.th.png bild5rk.th.png bild6z.th.png

---

tested on Tiger 10.4.8 with SiS900 - I had the Mac Address 00:00:00... before

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tnx very much! Working on ToH Leopard 10.5 ->

Intel P4 northwood 2.6Ghz (sse2)

Mobo QDI superb4fx (SiS648FX)

SiS900 LAN

Just run myload.command with sudo!

and manually config DHCP + IP from system preferences

end now enjoy internet!!!