• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

Baltazar

Baltazar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Yeah, I think it would be a really cool way to try the OS out.

Mikemad

Mikemad

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
would be great!!

lg
Mikemad

brockwitting

brockwitting

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 95 posts
This would be quitwe awesome, and I am looking forward to it...

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
Ah great, now it looks like ill have to take another trip down to that one pirate's bay and get myself a copy of JaS's latest release again. :( So, if i decide to start again, look for a new thread in one of the dev forums.

Mr. Bond

Mr. Bond

The man with the golden gun.

• Retired
  • 881 posts
Interesting...I wanted to do something like this a while back, but it never really got of the ground. I remeber dabbling with Charle's Pre-release version of BootCD, and attempting to add in all the relevant files and whatnot...never got too far though. This was way back in the 10.4.1 days...maybe I'll try to install 10.4.6 again and help you out! :P

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
Thanks Mr. Bond. As soon as I get 10.4.6 up and running somewhere, I'll make this a project under dev sections. Also, FYI Charles has stopped all development on BootCD for Tiger. He may resume again for Leopard, but right now it seems like we're alone in the dark ^^.

eric.c.mi

eric.c.mi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Thankyou mindslip, but right now i need to get this damned thing to my windows partition. This has proved to be an exceptional challenge due to the fact that FAT32 cannot accept files bigger than 4 gb. I've obtained stuffit and im splitting it right now.

There are plenty of nix type partitions that both mac and xp can read with open source software..

Do some reaserch. Look around on source forge, I cant remember the project name.

eric

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
revenge keep this alive... i'm counting on you to finish this live cd

Mr. Bond

Mr. Bond

The man with the golden gun.

• Retired
  • 881 posts

Thanks Mr. Bond. As soon as I get 10.4.6 up and running somewhere, I'll make this a project under dev sections. Also, FYI Charles has stopped all development on BootCD for Tiger. He may resume again for Leopard, but right now it seems like we're alone in the dark ^^.

No worries, Revenge. I think I still have one of the Tiger Beta's he sent me, so like I said before, that can easily be used as a starting point. Creating a bootCD for PPC and x86 is generally the same, with the exception of things like Rosetta, decrypted binaries, etc...

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
how's progress?

is there anything i can do?

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
I just finished getting a copy of 10.4.6, but I havent installed yet and I don't even know if the HOTiSO one will work for my comp. Other than that, my Vista 5456 install just f***ed up, so I'm back to running XP and basically everything's a mess. Other than that, things are going just great! <_<

domino

domino

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

my Vista 5456 install just f***ed up, so I'm back to running XP and basically everything's a mess. Other than that, things are going just great!

LOL, you are an optimist... What next? Board burns out?? <_<

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
http://www.bombich.c...tips/bootx.html

Creating a Mac OS X Bootable CD

found this on wiki

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
Yeah, I saw this the last time I was working on a LiveCD, but I didn't use them. I don't believe these instructions were updated for Tiger, but I think I'll give them a try this time, along with the other stuff I'm going to do. And btw, my 10.4.6 is up and running on VMWare. I'm not going to update to 10.4.7 FYI, since there is no Maxxuss Kernel Patch yet.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

I'm not going to update to 10.4.7 FYI, since there is no Maxxuss Kernel Patch yet.

The last patched kernel is 10.4.4 .. so even when you run 10.4.6 you run with a 10.4.4 kernel. In other words: go for the 10.4.7 update - just for the sped up frameworks it's woth it.

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
will this affect compatibility though?

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
Oh damn, not since 10.4.4 eh? Sorry, I've seriously not touched OSX86 since the Maxxuss did the last 10.4.4 patch. As for upgrading to 10.4.7 well, I think that would be trivial and inconsequential in the grand scheme of things as far as I know right now, so I'll upgrade as soon as i can get a live cd running using 10.4.6. Besides, doing this {censored} is really annoying as I'm working through VMWare. Also, ext2fsx, the driver for using ext2 partitions in OSX, is broken. This forces me to "somehow" obtain a copy of MacDrive 6 for free and unlimited use :), which is annoying. Has anyone gotten it to work on their systems?

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

Has anyone gotten it to work on their systems?

With 'it' do you mean MacDrive?

arenared

arenared

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
as dumb as this ma sound i dont think that this may get off the "ground" not much interest except on paper... anyone agree?

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
of course there is interest. have you not read all the posts in this topic?

people have been wanting an os x live cd since the beginning. they even have a question about a live cd in the faq :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy