• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

UTisNUM1

UTisNUM1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I need help. I am currently running 10.5.2 and i want to upgrade to 10.5.3 because i want to play some Spore...any way to update? I need help. -_-

battista

battista

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Someone should really add iDeneb 10.5.5. to that Leopard list. From my point of view, it is highly recommended on amd's (Asus M2V).

tejaswi

tejaswi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm sick of searching!

I've the DVD, Kalyway 10.5.2 Amd + intel release and I'm using a Dell XPS M 1530. It just doesn't boot into the CD. After I select the boot from CD option, it just shows a blank screen for sometime and boots into windows. This I'm guessing is because the PC couldn't boot from that particular CD. Any reasons why?

vknyvz

vknyvz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I'm sick of searching!

I've the DVD, Kalyway 10.5.2 Amd + intel release and I'm using a Dell XPS M 1530. It just doesn't boot into the CD. After I select the boot from CD option, it just shows a blank screen for sometime and boots into windows. This I'm guessing is because the PC couldn't boot from that particular CD. Any reasons why?

seems like i can help you
well make sure the disc is working like try to boot on another computer.
other than that it should work really just make sure press f12 and choose CD.

if it waits sometime and boots into windows that's probably mean that disc is corrupted/have missing files etc.etc.
try to download another kalyway 10.5.2.

Bob Ajob

Bob Ajob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:tinkering with hackintoshes .... obviously :)

Someone should really add iDeneb 10.5.5. to that Leopard list. From my point of view, it is highly recommended on amd's (Asus M2V).

agreed. I also think the 'Newbie FAQ' and 'State of the Art' posts could both benefit a little from an update to the current state of play in the community, especially now that just about any new user should be able to install a genuine Mac-compatible installation using a retail Leopard DVD with a master pre-loaded BootCD containing the latest Voodoo XNU kernel and lifeboat kexts running from the EFI partition. See -

http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=900139
and
http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=934112

for more info ...

Falcon 47

Falcon 47

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1, Real time strategy & First Person Shooter games on PC.
I am performing a new install of Mac OS X from Kalyway 10.5.2, i had a question regarding the HDD format. Should it be in NTFS or FAT32 format ??

~Penguin.Osx86~

~Penguin.Osx86~

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I am performing a new install of Mac OS X from Kalyway 10.5.2, i had a question regarding the HDD format. Should it be in NTFS or FAT32 format ??

NTFS?
Your choices are HFS+, Fat and i think ext2.

But no NTFS AFAIK, just go with HFS+

Guest: Satula_*

Guest: Satula_*
  • Guests
~PCWIZ Umm i have a Dell 8600 and i can not get it to install Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard

When i can get it to install right it comes up with the error

"Using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 cluster IO buffer headers"

How do i fix it.?

Is there anyone or anything that can get this to work for me

System Specs:

Dell 8600 Laptop
1.50 GHz
512 MB Mem.
60 Gb. HDD

P.S if you havent already notices i am a hackintosh n00b. Sorry

maccompaq

maccompaq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

I suggest that instead of using that workaround, you should try to find a way to boot it normally and still have everything working :)

I am looking at Gigabyte motherboards that are in the Wiki HCL.
GA-EG31-S2
GA-G31M-ES2L
What does the E represent in each of the motherboards and will that make a difference whether or not I can Hackintosh it?

I already have a Hackintosh, but I want to build a more powerful one. I am not a Hackintosh expert by any means.

mikedually

mikedually

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I am not versed in computers but I have a hackintosh running leopard 10.5.2 with 4 gigs of ram, intel quad core 2.4 ghz
ddr2 800, nvidia 8500 gt 512 mb. 500gb SATA-II.

I accidentally did a software update and now it won't boot up. It says I have a panic debugger and prompts me to shutdown on boot. I was told to boot in dvd and remove the appleintelcpumanagement kext.

I have the mac retail leopard osx but im not able to boot in dvd for some reason it won't let me. I changed the boot priority in the BIOS so i know it's not that.

Any suggestions? Im not a programmer in the least bit so any walk through would be helpful...thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy